"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

Girl trying to hook me up with her sister (seems suspicious)

evansblue

Banned
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
221
Reaction score
59
So, this girl I know who I see every now and then in the bar always brings up her sister to me, who I only met once. She's a cute girl, seems nice, I was kind of drunk so I don't remember. Anyway, this was a long time ago. But she always jokes about me being her sister's future husband, how good we'd be together, etc. I always politely brush it off, and just smile. Last week she was going on about it again and I said "What do you want me to do? Nothing is stopping her from coming out." And she said "Well, you have to actually try."

Try what? lol. If she doesn't tag along with her sister, there's nothing I can do about it. So, I'm not sure why she keeps bringing this up.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 29, 2020
Messages
2,792
Reaction score
2,125
Any time a woman is telling me something is good for me and it doesnt involve me viciously emptying my nut sack, I am definitely sus.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 26, 2017
Messages
3,069
Reaction score
3,889
Age
53
Why do guys make things so hard by hamstering?
Just go out with her and see what she's about.
Make it even less effort/investment and have her sister meet you at the bar you normally go to.
 

evansblue

Banned
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
221
Reaction score
59
Did you read anything I said? I haven't seen her in over a year. I don't have her number.
 

evansblue

Banned
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
221
Reaction score
59
Because if she was at all interested, she would have tagged along with her sister when we all hung out. From the numerous parties, bars, gatherings, etc. She never did. Not once. Had she have shown up, I would have talked to her and got her number.
 

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 6, 2018
Messages
1,543
Reaction score
1,065
Age
35
Location
Brazil
So, this girl I know who I see every now and then in the bar always brings up her sister to me, who I only met once. She's a cute girl, seems nice, I was kind of drunk so I don't remember. Anyway, this was a long time ago. But she always jokes about me being her sister's future husband, how good we'd be together, etc. I always politely brush it off, and just smile. Last week she was going on about it again and I said "What do you want me to do? Nothing is stopping her from coming out." And she said "Well, you have to actually try."

Try what? lol. If she doesn't tag along with her sister, there's nothing I can do about it. So, I'm not sure why she keeps bringing this up.
Go, talk to her and ask her to go on a date.

Maybe she is shy or maybe she just want you to approach.

You have nothing to lose, and if she is hot... You will have a great sex.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 6, 2018
Messages
1,543
Reaction score
1,065
Age
35
Location
Brazil
Because if she was at all interested, she would have tagged along with her sister when we all hung out. From the numerous parties, bars, gatherings, etc. She never did. Not once. Had she have shown up, I would have talked to her and got her number.
You will only find out if you go and talk to her.

Dont even think about, just go and say hi... If she is up to you, things will flow naturally.

Man, since I stopped filtering and being affraid of what and how I talk with girls, things improved a lot.

Dont try to impress, to be a nice guy or make good questions... Just be as neutral you can and this works like magic.
 

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 12, 2018
Messages
898
Reaction score
1,029
Ask to see her sister's picture. An imagination like that doesn't go too far.

People always believe the girl recommending her sister is as good looking as she is.
But 9 times out of 10 that is NEVER the case!
The giant fat sister is usually the one that shows up in person.
No wonder why she's playing matchmaker without letting you see the goods.

There's no excuse for her not to show you what her sister looks like. Every chick carries their cell phone with them that contains a library of family photos.
 

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 10, 2020
Messages
4,210
Reaction score
4,701
Age
46
Sometimes when a girl is not interested she'll try to pawn you off to her less attractive friends. Generally it's a sign of non-cooperation and therefore disinterest.

I'd ask to see a photo of her sister and if she's hot ask for her number. Otherwise say "nah, not my type" and try to escalate on her.
 

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 30, 2020
Messages
949
Reaction score
893
Age
29
Sometimes when a girl is not interested she'll try to pawn you off to her less attractive friends. Generally it's a sign of non-cooperation and therefore disinterest.

I'd ask to see a photo of her sister and if she's hot ask for her number. Otherwise say "nah, not my type" and try to escalate on her.
This OP
 

evansblue

Banned
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
221
Reaction score
59
I've ALREADY MET THIS GIRL. I KNOW WHAT SHE LOOKS LIKE. Can you guys not follow and comprehend anything?? Seriously, I'm not trying to be rude, but I clearly said in my original post that I met her once. And she is more attractive than the sister who's trying to hook us up.

Seriously, three of the people in this thread gave completely invalid advice because they couldn't pay attention and absorb what they were reading.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 30, 2020
Messages
949
Reaction score
893
Age
29
I've ALREADY MET THIS GIRL. I KNOW WHAT SHE LOOKS LIKE. Can you guys not follow and comprehend anything?? Seriously, I'm not trying to be rude, but I clearly said in my original post that I met her once. And she is more attractive than the sister who's trying to hook us up.

Seriously, three of the people in this thread gave completely invalid advice because they couldn't pay attention and absorb what they were reading.
Then wtf is the point of your thread? To show us that you dont know how to act, simply asking girl for her sisters number or a photo? Also, you said you saw her once and that shes cute but then says i was drunk i dont remember. You have to first figure it out with yourself.
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,863
Reaction score
19,091
Because if she was at all interested, she would have tagged along with her sister when we all hung out. From the numerous parties, bars, gatherings, etc. She never did. Not once. Had she have shown up, I would have talked to her and got her number.
Then you answered your own question. How many woman have you talked with and asked out in the meantime over the past year? I'm guessing the answer is nowhere near enough to still be hung up on her.
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,863
Reaction score
19,091
Do you think my assumption is accurate BackInTheGame?
I think you are the man and are not acting like it in this situation. Men are not passive. They are the aggressors. They go for it. They show ambition.
You are showing passiveness and waiting for something to just fall out of the sky.

If you want it to happen then MAKE it happen.

Remember there are 3 types of people:

Those that make things happen
Those that watch what is happening
Those that wonder what's happening

You are either 2 or 3 in this situation, strive to be 1.
Women are not attracted to men who wait for things to happen instead of making things happen. She probably told you that because her sister is likely interested but they are seeing if you are going to do anything about it. Maybe she is unsure of your feelings and doesn't want to feel rejection so they subtly give you clues. As the man it is your job to recognize these subtle clues and then do something with them. You are waiting for her to do something. Not how it works bro.
 

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 23, 2019
Messages
1,607
Reaction score
1,330
Location
random
are you hesitant because worried that the girl you are interested in is just testing you about her sister to find out if you really like her or just any girl? You have the easy reason to contact her, cause your sister said...

unicorn...??? get her number or some way to contact your friend, and find out. of course; be nice. worst that can happen is an awkward private conversation.

when a girl that knows us suggests another girl as a possible, it usually is solid.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Top