Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girl told me to "bring some friends"

GreatHornedOwl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Another plate I'm spinning guys. We texted for a while, she always responded right away, and initiated half the time. I invited her out for drinks and she agreed. She calls me a half hour before we meet up and says "bring some friends." I've never had a woman say this to me, and it caught me a bit off guard. I thought maybe she was nervous since we don't know each other that well.

Any thoughts?

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another plate I'm spinning guys. We texted for a while, she always responded right away, and initiated half the time. I invited her out for drinks and she agreed. She calls me a half hour before we meet up and says "bring some friends." I've never had a woman say this to me, and it caught me a bit off guard. I thought maybe she was nervous since we don't know each other that well.

Any thoughts?
Sounds like a bunch of bs. First, because she's arrogantly giving you instructions and secondly because she's trying to bring in other people that are just going to get in the way.

I'd reply "why?" and if I didn't like her response I'd cancel the date.

It seems like she doesn't want to be alone with you.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
"No, I only do one on one dates. Enjoy your evening with your friends."

Isn't this the 2nd time in a short while a woman is suggesting or you went on a group date? Something is off with this. Women don't want group dates with guys they are interested in.

Last edited:

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Any thoughts?
Is she from your social circle and is this a 1st date or have you gone out before/banged already? I feel like there is missing information here. Regardless, it sounds like she is thinking of you as more of friend even though you are calling her a "plate." Unless of course you are already banging and maybe she just wants to kick back with friends.

If this is prior to a 1st date I would tell her you aren't interested in a group thing. If she persists with it then I would cancel and look elsewhere because that clearly means this is low interest.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Could it be a test, to see how well he handles himself in social situations with 4+ people?

Usually girls will have a secret signal they'll give their girlfriends if a hangout is going well, that tells the friends to take off.
It could be - but I wouldn't tolerate that on a 1st date. Group things on a 1st date are a sign of low interest. If this is farther down the line then I would feel differently.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

Any thoughts?
Have you slept with this woman yet?

Otherwise this isn't a plate, this seems to be some random woman you haven't even met yet.

A plate is a woman you have sex with and see at least semi-regularly

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Sure, I'll bring 2 of my friends but you need to bring 4"

This seriously sounds like High School or early 20's social $hit. How old is she?

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If she had even moderate interest in you as a romantic partner she wouldn't encourage you (and her) to "bring friends." Huge flag.

This happened a lot to a friend of mine; good stable guy, corporate guy, conservative, maybe a 5/10 in guy looks. Women saw him as more the "guy friend" than lover. He's a really good friend so I tried to delicately coach him, but a leopard doesn't change its spots. Hard to tell a guy/good friend to be more edgy. use some humor, flip the girl some s*it, tease her, dress more contemporary, and especially ESCALATE early and often - if it's not in their DNA. Like trying to teach a video game nerd how to hit a 99 mph fastball, bait a hook and fish for walleye, or properly throw a football into tight coverage.

OP, politely DUMP this girl and move on. She will only waste your time, something you can never get back. Good luck.

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Could it not be that she thinks hes cool and would assume he'd have friends just as cool as him for her friends? Similar to how in a cold approach scenario, girls will sometimes ask you if you have a friend for their friend for the night.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Any thoughts?
Oh the old dilemma. Wouldn't we want to know what women are thinking when they say stuff like that. Truth is, we should spend less time and spend mental capacity trying to figuring out their words and spend more time analyzing their behavior when she is physically present.

There are so many variables and reasons why she would say something like that:

1) Forcing you into her frame
2) Curious about how you behave around your social circle
3) Taking the pressure out of an intimate situation
4) Hypergamy, maybe one of your friends is a better prospect and will test your mindset and confidence.
5) Etc, etc, etc, etc

Bottom line and the only thing you need to ask yourself, do you want to hang out with her and your friends? If not, say no. If you are and don't mind, do it but ask her to bring HER friends as well.

Modern Man Advice

Last edited:

Billtx49

Reaction score
Another plate I'm spinning guys. We texted for a while, she always responded right away, and initiated half the time. I invited her out for drinks and she agreed. She calls me a half hour before we meet up and says "bring some friends."

Any thoughts?
Yes, do Not take her out for drinks.

One of your last posts from your previous thread which ended a few days ago, about a girl you also met up with for drinks in a bar with friends present…
Same story again, try to not repeat an unsuccessful past.

GreatHornedOwl

Wednesday at 10:08 PM
You know what I did? I got drunk and acted like an idiot.

Apparently I was having a serious conversation with her, then I'd walk off for no reason to the other side of the bar. She said at times I wanted nothing to do with her,

Alcohol has ruined pretty much every interaction I've had with women.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Could it not be that she thinks hes cool and would assume he'd have friends just as cool as him for her friends? Similar to how in a cold approach scenario, girls will sometimes ask you if you have a friend for their friend for the night.
No. Highly unlikely. This is a compliance test.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since all of this was 30 minutes before the date, I'm curious what actually happened.

OP, who's advice did you choose to follow and what was the result?

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Bring your athletic and in-shape friends with you so I can introduce them to my fat, pathetic, out-of-shape, entitled, lard @ss single obese friends."
"Also the best c0ckblockers to be around if you're not my type"

This almost happened to me a long time ago.
This chick I met online said bring your friends.
I was very suspicious when she said that, so I looked up all of her profile pics.
She definitely had a bunch of fat pathetic friends.

Last edited:

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Bring your athletic and in shape friends with you so I can introduce them to my fat, pathetic, out-of-shape, entitled, lard @ss single obese friends."
Why do you assume an attractive chick would be friends with a bunch of overweight chicks?

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you assume an attractive chick would be friends with a bunch of overweight chicks?
It's an ego/competitive thing for chicks.
I don't know if you're familiar with what I'm talking about.
Not every chick does this, but the ones with the biggest egos/insecurities always do it.
Basically they surround themselves with friends less attractive than they are, so they end up looking like the best one out of the whole group.