"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Girl flaked and went out anyway

than

Don Juan
Joined
May 14, 2013
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
I'd organised to go to the movies with a girl I'd been talking to at school for a while and she texted me cancelling with some bs excuse about having work the next morning a few hours before hand without offering another date. I know she at least was really into me at one point but I think I'd waited too long to make a real move and now shes been acting sorta cold and distant in person. I was going to just ignore/next her and act cool about it but then she texted me something along the lines of this while i was out last night:

her: than
her: my mum got home and said k come to the movies with me
her: and we saw now you see me
her: and it was really good
her: and we ate kebabs after
her: I'm sorry <3
her: will you talk to me now
her: are you eating kfc

I haven't replied yet and don't know what i should make of this, should i just keep ignoring her or what?
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

ediceneet12

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 17, 2013
Messages
82
Reaction score
1
Location
Virginia
Sounds like the predicament I was in earlier this summer with a chick,
The chick that flaked on me acted "sorry" but didn't follow up with another offer.

What I did was waited a bit responded with "it's fine" and then just went cold on her for like a week. and then just asked her out again and that time she didn't flake.

EDIT: Scratch all of what i said just do what Frayzer said and see if she doesn't flake last second.
 

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2013
Messages
1,849
Reaction score
563
Location
West Coast
"Hey, let's go see/do x on x."
Something along the lines of that^

If she says she's working on x day, then ask her when she's not working. It's that simple.

That's honestly the only thing i'd send her at this point, or any other time If I were looking for something more than friends.
 

than

Don Juan
Joined
May 14, 2013
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Frayzer said:
"Hey, let's go see/do x on x."
Something along the lines of that^

If she says she's working on x day, then ask her when she's not working. It's that simple.

That's honestly the only thing i'd send her at this point, or any other time If I were looking for something more than friends.
that is exactly what i did and she agreed to the time last weekend and seemed enthusiastic about it
 

AlexLefty

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 12, 2010
Messages
755
Reaction score
9
Location
Cali
Is it possible she's just not attracted to you?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

than

Don Juan
Joined
May 14, 2013
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
AlexLefty said:
Is it possible she's just not attracted to you?
maybe, but at this point i think she's in autorejection, i have a bad habit of letting it happen
 
Last edited:

AlexLefty

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 12, 2010
Messages
755
Reaction score
9
Location
Cali
than said:
maybe, but at this point i think she's in autorejection, i have a bad habit of letting it happen
Explain?
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,863
Reaction score
19,087
I'd respond with "I hope you enjoyed yourself" and that's it. Let her chase you and find other women to focus your attention on.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 30, 2019
Messages
2,786
Reaction score
2,670
Location
Denmark
I'd just tell her to fu'ck off. I would not care really.
Persons that flake on you don't have much integrity, so why would you want that in your life? (E.g low quality person). If she would be even more interested (As in she is chasing you), after that you just got yourself a one night stand (if she's hot enough ofc) and then you move on to the next,.
 

derby1

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 10, 2017
Messages
3,244
Reaction score
3,403
Yeah. To me its sort of like the modern version of the car door sh'it test.
If she flakes then the bi'tch is out and failed the sh'it test.
brilliant scene,

My 12 year old daughter is possibly one of only 5 females i know who would pass that test still, the other 4 are married
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 10, 2020
Messages
4,210
Reaction score
4,701
Age
46
I'd organised to go to the movies with a girl I'd been talking to at school for a while and she texted me cancelling with some bs excuse about having work the next morning a few hours before hand without offering another date. I know she at least was really into me at one point but I think I'd waited too long to make a real move and now shes been acting sorta cold and distant in person. I was going to just ignore/next her and act cool about it but then she texted me something along the lines of this while i was out last night:

her: than
her: my mum got home and said k come to the movies with me
her: and we saw now you see me
her: and it was really good
her: and we ate kebabs after
her: I'm sorry <3
her: will you talk to me now
her: are you eating kfc

I haven't replied yet and don't know what i should make of this, should i just keep ignoring her or what?
She sounds like a lying attention whoare. She wants to chat by text message but doesn't want to meet up.
 

nismo-4

Moderator
Joined
Jan 31, 2005
Messages
4,439
Reaction score
1,143
Location
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
She sounds like a lying attention whoare. She wants to chat by text message but doesn't want to meet up.
Read this again OP!

Read this again OP!

She's just keeping you in a beta role. Just text her to come over with a pepperoni pizza, double pepperoni, cheese, and sauce. And bring kneepads (for the blowing she better give you) and she better swallow a cup of your cüm. Anything other than this means delete her.

Case closed.
 
Top