Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

getting up at 530 overated

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree.

I figure the earliest anyone naturally needs to wake up is dawn. That's around 6:30 for me, most of the time. 5:30 crap is for the birds.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Overrated and the world sucks at that hour.

I think it's funny that waking up later is considered lazy. If that's true then so is going to bed early. Same thing.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
its more to do with forcing yourself to do something that you really don't want to do, and training those willpower muscles. For most people, getting up at that time will be the hardest thing they have to do all day.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It really depends on the person IMO. I've been getting up at 5:00am every day most days for about a month & it's enjoyable.

djreez88

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ha! Try getting up at 345 every day! I did that for 3 months before calling it quits! 5am isn't too bad now considering lol

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
its more to do with forcing yourself to do something that you really don't want to do, and training those willpower muscles. For most people, getting up at that time will be the hardest thing they have to do all day.
Agree.

For me, it's about making myself go to bed, staying in bed (not getting up and eating), and then getting my ass up because I don't want to do any of those things.

However, for purposes of this thread, it's hard enough for me to do 6:15-6:30. Anywhere in the 5s is just ludicrous, I see no reason for it unless I have a specific purpose, and that purpose better be to go do something fun.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
did that during army, never again, i'm btw 8-9 and ****ing hell I still don't like it lol, far easier stay awake duing the night then morning

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I envy you people that can sleep until 8-9. No matter what time I go to bed I’m wide awake at 445-5. During the summe I was waking up at 3am to workout before work. That sucked!

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I will let you guys know how I go. Taking a big risk now, throwing in my gig land moving interstate for a big job where I will be leading a multi-million dollar project. It's a big step up. Could end up blowing a load of cash and face planting. Been looking for nearly 6 months locally and not came up with a decent gig. keep getting to the last stages and then a mysterious internal applicant appears aka somebody's mate. Seems like the job market here has gotten pretty dirty and stitched up

good chance to try a lifestyle shake up so I'm going to get up at 5:30 to get to gym. Theory is that I will be so tired I will go to bed earlier.

Serenity

Reaction score
I wake up anywhere between 4:45am to 3pm, I work continuous rotating shifts though. I never want to get up at 4:45, I only do that because those shifts start at 5:30. The night shifts end at that time, but I most often get out of work at 6am and when I get home I need to wind down before I can sleep. So after a night shift I typically sleep until 3pm.

It's not really bad getting up at 4:45am, given I have gone to bed early enough to get the hours of sleep I need. I definitely wouldn't want to do that every single day though, now it's just a few days here and there. The worst is the transitions where I'll either have to try to sleep when I'm wide awake after not being awake for long, or keep myself awake when I'm tired as hell. Usually either of those options are better than being tired at work, that's just hell.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate it and it IS the hardest thing I do all day. But it's the only way I can lift weights for an hour, work my job, and also have time to run 6 miles a day. There have been benefits, but it's painful and I'm in a REAL bad mood in the morning. I quit caffeine which makes it even harder.

It will be interesting to see if it pays off.

Mbuckets82

Don Juan
Reaction score
I get up at 4 and go to the gym. Work by 630. A run in the afternoon. Always feels great.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i started getting up at 6 this week and hitting the gym before work. Gotta say when you walk in the gym at that time, seeing the same faces , you feel like you're amongst winners. Thursday morning I did a fairly heavy leg session and by thursday evening i was shattered and feeling ill. Today im full of a chest infection so missed it today. Maybe too much too soon. Back on it on monday though.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i started getting up at 6 this week and hitting the gym before work. Gotta say when you walk in the gym at that time, seeing the same faces , you feel like you're amongst winners. Thursday morning I did a fairly heavy leg session and by thursday evening i was shattered and feeling ill. Today im full of a chest infection so missed it today. Maybe too much too soon. Back on it on monday though.
Winners? The only people in my gym are extremely old dudes lol. I'm talking like 70+. And there's this one 38ish year old girl with a 9 body. So that's what I get to look at each morning. Quite a contrast.

I've had issues getting sick when pushing physical activity. It's a fine line you have to find. You'll accidentally cross it from time to time but as your fitness improves, incidents will decrease. I strongly suggest a heart rate monitor watch, like one from Garmin (forerunner 230 or 235 is good). Keep it on 24x7 and use it to keep track of your resting heart rate. Get a good baseline of a couple days you are not working out and are not sick and are feeling well. Your heart rate should be lowest when waking up. You'll notice that the day after a hard workout, or if you feel a cold)flu coming on, it will be higher. Any day you wake up with a resting HR more than 7 beats a minute higher than normal, skip the workout and focus on recovery instead. This is a solid way to prevent overtraining.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Winners? The only people in my gym are extremely old dudes lol. I'm talking like 70+. And there's this one 38ish year old girl with a 9 body. So that's what I get to look at each morning. Quite a contrast.

I've had issues getting sick when pushing physical activity. It's a fine line you have to find. You'll accidentally cross it from time to time but as your fitness improves, incidents will decrease. I strongly suggest a heart rate monitor watch, like one from Garmin (forerunner 230 or 235 is good). Keep it on 24x7 and use it to keep track of your resting heart rate. Get a good baseline of a couple days you are not working out and are not sick and are feeling well. Your heart rate should be lowest when waking up. You'll notice that the day after a hard workout, or if you feel a cold)flu coming on, it will be higher. Any day you wake up with a resting HR more than 7 beats a minute higher than normal, skip the workout and focus on recovery instead. This is a solid way to prevent overtraining.
Interesting system. Where did you get the metrics for no more than 7 beats higher than normal?

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of my favorite quotes from Thomas Jefferson:

"The sun hasn't caught me in bed in fifty years."

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's really just a discipline thing.

Having the discipline to go to bed early. And to wake up early.

After you do it consistently for a week it shouldn't be a problem.

The greatest benefit is that it's just you against you in the morning. No distractions. The secondary benefit is the motivation you get from knowing that most people aren't up doing what you're doing. But that shouldn't be primary and won't always be there.