getting up at 530 overated

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's really just a discipline thing.

Having the discipline to go to bed early. And to wake up early.

After you do it consistently for a week it shouldn't be a problem.

The greatest benefit is that it's just you against you in the morning. No distractions. The secondary benefit is the motivation you get from knowing that most people aren't up doing what you're doing. But that shouldn't be primary and won't always be there.

Read the 22 Rules for Massive Success with Women. Everything you need to know to become a huge success with women. And it's free!

rando5495

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wake up anywhere between 4:45am to 3pm, I work continuous rotating shifts though. I never want to get up at 4:45, I only do that because those shifts start at 5:30
That's the absolute worst I reckon

Grewd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's the absolute worst I reckon
I'm used to it and it sure has some advantages, like every 5th week completely off and I'm off course paid better. Keeping a regular schedule for anything is near impossible though.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My natural clock seems to be Hugh Hefner hours - go to sleep as the sun is coming up.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Waking up at 10am makes the strongest and more energic, 8 hours from 3am to 11am leave me full of energy while 8 hours from 11pm to 7am leave me lazy as fvck.

I hate the alarm clock, I would rather run 10 floors of stairs rather than waking up before Im ready.

Read the 22 Rules for Massive Success with Women. Everything you need to know to become a huge success with women. And it's free!

rando5495

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm used to it and it sure has some advantages, like every 5th week completely off and I'm off course paid better. Keeping a regular schedule for anything is near impossible though.
They sold it to me as "flexible".

I was so exhausted that one time coming home, I got money out of a cashpoint and actually left the money in the cashpoint.

And i've done stuff like 12 hours on building sites no problem.

For me, early or late but not both.

Grewd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, "flexible" is most often not in favor of the employee. I'm not exactly flexible though. After exactly 5 weeks the schedule just repeats. I know how I work tomorrow, next week, month, year or decade. So it's very predictable. There's really only 1 rough transition during those 5 weeks, the rest doesn't require sudden changes in sleep pattern.

What I meant about not keeping a regular schedule is that I can't do something at a specific time on a specific weekday every single week, because at least once every 5th week I'll work at that time.

Had it been unpredictable or as they so nicely try to sell it "flexible", then I would have quit a long time ago.

TyTe`EyEz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I was so exhausted that one time coming home, I got money out of a cashpoint and actually left the money in the cashpoint.

And i've done stuff like 12 hours on building sites no problem.

For me, early or late but not both.
We occasionally switch back and forth in my line of work. As you said, that's about the worst sh1t ever, I reckon.

You have to get used to people's angry sides. And you've never truly seen someone's angry side until they're completely exhausted.

rando5495

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We occasionally switch back and forth in my line of work. As you said, that's about the worst sh1t ever, I reckon.

You have to get used to people's angry sides. And you've never truly seen someone's angry side until they're completely exhausted.
That's a point, when you get a bunch of zombified people together.

Forget because I haven't done it in loads of years now. Doubt that I would again. Really unhealthy imo