Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Getting some one to pay a debt.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sure I'll get plenty of ideas/thoughts from u guys.

About four months ago I lent a 'friend' a four figure sum towards paying for his wedding, otherwise it would have had to be cancelled.

No one else would help him out, he's the type of guy who spends money on silly things and goes from boom to boost.

I figured he was a good friend so I lent him the money interest free.

Now it turns out he's becoming ever vague as to when I'll get it back, and has even hinted I should maybe right it off.

As you can imagine he's no longer a friend and I'm torn between feeling a bit of a mug or just plain upset that I helped him out and he's done this.

I am a persuasive person and tried very hard to get him to see reason. I'm now thinking new tactics are required. What gems have you guys got for me?

(mega violence is not an option)

skeetman3000

Don Juan
Reaction score
The United States has an excellent civil court system for resolving such disputes. I would think the UK would have similar?

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There was nothing written to prove I loaned him the money. I did think about it at the time to have something legal drawn up, but I thought it would be too embarrassing to bring up.:rolleyes:

Snatchmaster

Don Juan
Reaction score
you need to make him feel really guilty. Have a convo with his wife present, in case she doesn't know.

Get him recorded on tape admitting he owes you money. Best done clandestinely.

since he is unable to save a lump sum, start collecting from him every payday.

Look for collateral to take until the loan is paid.

Stage 3: threaten to take it to his in-laws since it was her marriage, too. Also, set up a meeting with his boss, and ask for his help in getting back your cash. Ruin your ex-friend's name.

Stage 4: take it back in kind: p*ssy payments from his wife; start breaking the headlights on his car $40 each, windshield $500.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i never lend money to friends. once I lent 100 bucks to a guy i'd been friends with since 2nd grade, it took me 6 months and constant nagging to get the money.

btw, i support the 'p*ssy' payment idea.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pvssy payment? She's fat and ugly and he's a real chump.

She doesn't work 'cos she reckons she's got some sort of phobia, when in reality she's just a fat lazy slob.

She will never talk or answer the phone, yet, she rang me up and litrally begged me for the money, she was crying and going on about she didn't no what she might do if the wedding didn't go ahead.

What a fvckin mug I am, or what a learning experience :D

Some good ideas here, the guy goes a lot on what others think of him. He also likes his car.

I'm just wondering if I'm above all this though, on the one hand I'm as bad as him if I start doing nasty things. On the otherhand it's the principal that gets me and I earned that cash and paid tax on it. :mad:

Donald Kaufman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lending money in amounts you can't afford to lose is one of those really expensive lessons. If he got his wife to call you begging he doesn't have much ... he's slime. The time I got burned I tried the "installment plan" but I was too disgusted to follow through to the end. You lost more then I did and you might have a stronger stomach.

Revenge is easier and very tempting ... but do you want to sink to their level?

Well, do you? Cause if you do ...

...perhaps I should stop living vicariously through others misery ...

WBAFC

Don Juan
Reaction score
grow some **** ing balls. If you don't stand up for yourself now, people will walk over you in the future. Even if you had over a million dollars and didn't give a **** about the money, you should still get it back on principal. When I was in high school I didn't fight back when I was being bullied and it just made the situation ten times worse. Ring him up and if he doesn't give you the money, drive his car off a bridge, prefrable with him in it.

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Break his legs!

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If the guy simply has no money to pay you, there's no reason to hassle him right now. If he does have money but doesn't want to pay, then try something listed above.

Also its usually a good idea to keep friends and money separate. Combining them can't lead to any good.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know the type, and I'm sure he kids himself half the time.

Says he has no money, then says, 'like my new mobile? It's the very latest one available, can't be seen with an old one'

With hindsight it was very very stupid but hey, never again.

Thanks for the ideas, I will give it a go, and try the small claims court as I do have a bank statement for the cheque cashed.

GlutusMaximus86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice to know I'm not the only one. I managed to get my money back however, even though he did sort of try to run. I wish you the best of luck Alpine.