Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Getting back into Boxing / MMA

hithard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have always been fit, and even though I have probably taken a 5 year break from any form of training my job is fairly physical. So appearance wise I'm still in good shape. I seemed to have lost all motivation around 28 yrs ,and can’t even look at a gym now in my 30s (yeah I know it’s not old).I have been wanting to get back into boxing / MMA, nothing serious I just really enjoy it. However motivation wise I have tanked. The other thing I'm worried about is picking up lasting injuries. After hitting 30 and beyond I have noticed I'm not bouncing back as fast as I use too.

Any advice from those training on issues age related And if they have noticed much difference as they have matured in age ,would be greatly appreciated

Demodulate

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hithard said:
I have always been fit, and even though I have probably taken a 5 year break from any form of training my job is fairly physical. So appearance wise I'm still in good shape. I seemed to have lost all motivation around 28 yrs ,and can’t even look at a gym now in my 30s (yeah I know it’s not old).I have been wanting to get back into boxing / MMA, nothing serious I just really enjoy it. However motivation wise I have tanked. The other thing I'm worried about is picking up lasting injuries. After hitting 30 and beyond I have noticed I'm not bouncing back as fast as I use too.

Any advice from those training on issues age related And if they have noticed much difference as they have matured in age ,would be greatly appreciated

I pretty much stopped regular physical activity after I dislocated my shoulder skating when I was 23, 8 years later my friend started training me in Karate..

I just turned 33, and I go to the local MMA gym about 4 times a week and take muay thai. I have lost an honest 25 pounds since the begining of this year. My shoulder is sore, I am black and blue all over, but I havent suffored any major injuries as of yet. I just go at my own pace, and ive seen more muscle heads come and go in the short time I have been there.

just get in there and do it.. your old enough to know if your pushing to hard. yeah I dont bounce back like I once did, but if you dont start this year, you will be a year older when you do.

hithard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Demodulate said:
but if you dont start this year, you will be a year older when you do.
This is my exact problem really.Making excuses and not going.Better bite the bullet before another 5 years pass me by.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I took up mma last year.

Just be smart about it. Stretch twice as much as everyone else beforehand, and learn to fight in a relaxed manner. Tenseness and trying too hard causes injuries. I notice more injuries in the younger guys due to these reasons.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm glad they moved this from the MM forum, I wasn't able to reply. You've got to ease back into it, just like weightlifting and other forms of exercise. If you have a certain pace in mind you want to fight at, let yourself go through the motions 1st then you'll get there.

I listen to my body, if I feel that I'm about to overdo it, then I back off. Be sure you have other leisure-fillers that aren't physical. I've been conditioning and lifting for years now and begin my MMA training in August. My amateur fights will be 3x3-minute rounds, but my conditioning ousts that in quality & quantity, so I will go in w/a faster pace than my opponents the entire time.