"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Getting # and Implying Interest

Ian19

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 17, 2002
Messages
185
Reaction score
0
This may be a dumb question, and I may get ripped for asking it, but I really need to know, so I'll go ahead with it. If you want to ask a chick for her number and imply that you are interested in getting to know her, what's the best way to go about doing it? I mean, what would be a good thing to say?
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

MrBond_Age

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
165
Reaction score
0
"Give me your number".

She knows you are interested in her.
 

Ian19

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 17, 2002
Messages
185
Reaction score
0
That's a logical suggestion, but I want to be more smooth about it and all.
 

Ian19

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 17, 2002
Messages
185
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by ohdiesel
How about asking her for her EMAIL address instead of telephone number? Wouldn't that be better? You could eventually setup a time to meet her, you think?

OD
I actually have her e-mai address and we've e-mailed regarding school stuff, but I hate to go that route and ask her out through an e-mail.
 

MrBond_Age

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
165
Reaction score
0
If he asks it by email he will lose it.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

MrBond_Age

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
165
Reaction score
0
Both. It IS the BASICS.

!!!COME ON PEOPLE!!!

Ill have my own complete yet simple guide online by next week. I want to get all the BS out of the picture and kep the BASICS.
 

Ian19

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 17, 2002
Messages
185
Reaction score
0
I understand the whole e-mail thing, getting her number that way and all, but I see her enough each week to where I could ask her face to face. I'm a real pus and I'm trying to change that, so I really feel this overwhelming need to ask her in person.

Anyway, I was looking for like ways to say what I need to say, you know like, I thought about something like: "I'd really like to get to know you, can I call you sometime?"

Yet I figured I should get the opinions of you guys here just so I don't go off saying something stupid that makes me look like the thing I'm trying not to be: a P---y.
 

MrBond_Age

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
165
Reaction score
0
Mistake number 2: Never ask something like a question.

Tell her to do it. She will be less inclined to refuse.
 

Unforsaken

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 4, 2004
Messages
91
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Originally posted by ohdiesel
What do you mean he will lose it? You mean she will not take him seriously? Or see him as chicken sh1t?

OD
Dunno, but it sure make it easier for her to reject you.

I would say just ask for her number (if she give it to you then she interested and ask her out through the phone or in person. If she not, then move on). Also make a mental note from now on ask for their #, if they are interested in you they will give it and if she not, then you just saved yourself time.
 

Ian19

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 17, 2002
Messages
185
Reaction score
0
I have detected interest from her, so I'm less worried about rejection with her than with someone else I have never met.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

JJMcLure

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 15, 2002
Messages
840
Reaction score
11
You ask for her number. You don't explain why. She knows why you are asking. If she asks why you want it, she's trying to avoid giving it to you.

If you tell her you want to "get to know her" you will look lame and put some pressure on her, reducing your chances.

You can ask for the e-mail after she has given you her number, but don't ever bother using it.

If you see her all the time you can ask her out in person. You will avoid the hassle of missed calls, answering machines and messages. Simply suggest a date, time and activity. Let her say yes or no. If it's not a yes or counter-offer, it means no.

Don't put obstacles in your way. If you see her in person you don't need to mess about with phone/e-mail. After she accepts your date ;) however you can exchange numbers (you may have to cancel/reschedule/who knows).

But why let her have YOUR number? For one thing, if she doesn't have it she has an excuse if she flakes without bothering to call.
 

NRM

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
563
Reaction score
0
Talk to her a bit and pull this one...

"Here, write down your number."

When it's a command, it flows a lot more smoothly than asking if you can have the number, then asking for the number, and then having her write it down. Go simple. If she rejects, then it just isn't meant to be.
 
Top