Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Gave gf $100 so she can buy groceries

_sideways_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So yea. I finally got paid and shes been paying for lunch so gotta reciprocate right?
But i told her to only spend $70 because i need $30 change for the weekend.
She comes back with $5 change.
I was pissed. I just walked out the door.
Help me out here...how do i calm down..whats your guyz take on this?

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats kinda sad she needs to borrow $ for groceries...the best thing you can do is encourage her to get a better job or go back to school so she can get one. Or help her get better money management skills.

Thats what I'd do. As far as borrowing money...I dont let people bowrroe anything because this is the stuff you end up dealing with. Doesnt matter how long I've known them or what they need it for.

If its a good friend I'll just give him the money and tell them not to worry about it. If he gives it back thats cool but I dont expect him to. Having people owe you favors is worth more than money many times....

_sideways_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing is we are both broke students so...we both struggling

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing is we are both broke students so...we both struggling
In that case my advice would be if you cant afford to give someone the money without requiring it back then don't let them borrow it. It will save you a lot of headaches.

_sideways_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
True.
But you know...we all friends...i just think i would graciously accept only the $70 and be thankful.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So yea. I finally got paid and shes been paying for lunch so gotta reciprocate right?
But i told her to only spend $70 because i need $30 change for the weekend?
This sounds like a variation of "I'll pay for this lunch and you get the next one, okay?". But it's got kind of a weird twist to it. Just out of curiousity, does she plan to cook you any meals out of those groceries? Doesn't really matter...

I don't know what your financial situation is, but I don't know if I would get that upset over $25. But if you can't replace it, I guess it sucks. Did you make it really, really clear that you needed to have that $30 back?
The other thing that crossed my mind is when you said you needed it for the weekend. Did you mean like maybe you needed $30 so you could party with some other plates or whatever? I was thinking maybe she did it intentionally so you couldn't go?

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this a sh1t test you can employ early on a relationship, seems
give her 100, tell her to buy no more than X amount, see if she can do the math and bring you back 100-X=

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would be fuming, I'd simply say, "you better get that $25 I need for the weekend like i told you" but this needs to be said immediately after she had the audacity to give you $5. Not sure what lunches shes been buying you but were they $100 worth? What did you say in response or did you stay silent like a little b*tch and run on here to tell us. Your window of opportunity to correct this is gone if you didn't say it there and then. You can't mention this down the line without looking like a pvssy now.

Sorry but it's the principle you told her you needed 30 so why is she bringing 5? Why are you accepting this? Would you do that to her or anyone else that gave you 100 and asked for 30 back? Think about it, you would only do that to people you don't respect.

I would never do that to someone.

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry but it's the principle you told her you needed 30 so why is she bringing 5?
This sounds like I'm letting her off the hook, but girls are notoriously bad at math. Maybe when she was shopping she didn't realize she had $95 worth of groceries?

_sideways_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea. I told her before she went to the store. As soon as she came back i told her that wasnt fair and that eventhough im offering her money, i need money too. She stayed silent. I was mad cuz i needed it to party that night. But its the principle.
Anywayz...the concencus im hearing is not good for me or her so...costs me a hundo to let this one go nice and quiet cuz she aint reached out to me yet.

_sideways_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This sounds like a variation of "I'll pay for this lunch and you get the next one, okay?". But it's got kind of a weird twist to it. Just out of curiousity, does she plan to cook you any meals out of those groceries? Doesn't really matter...

I don't know what your financial situation is, but I don't know if I would get that upset over $25. But if you can't replace it, I guess it sucks. Did you make it really, really clear that you needed to have that $30 back?
The other thing that crossed my mind is when you said you needed it for the weekend. Did you mean like maybe you needed $30 so you could party with some other plates or whatever? I was thinking maybe she did it intentionally so you couldn't go?
She knew i was partying. But thats even more of a reason to not fvck with my life like that. So immature

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Anytime I borrow anyone some money I never expect to get it back.

If I get it back that's fine, I profit by having a friend who owes me a favor.

If I don't get it back, that's fine too, I still profit by having a friend that owes me some money and a favor.

Only borrow money that you could afford to lose.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Future lesson learned. If a woman needs $70 and you’re in loan mood, give her the exact 70 even if you have to get the necessary change first.
Don’t put her in a position of being able to potentially take advantage of you…

Last edited:

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This sounds like I'm letting her off the hook, but girls are notoriously bad at math. Maybe when she was shopping she didn't realize she had $95 worth of groceries?
Lol so true. They are also notoriously bad at sticking to a budget...

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They are notoriously money hungry and sly too.

I lend only to close friends and people that I'm happy to kick a door off for. Would never lend to anyone more intimidating than me - how are you suppose to get money back of someone who is more intimidating?

Jack Burton

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe you did owe her for buying lunch all the time, but if she can't do a little thing like exercise a little restraint when you asked her to then that is a sign of her disrespecting you. She knows your situation as much as you know hers. That wasn't cool on any level. I would really evaluate what kind of person she really is.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I presume that you had been tapping it before you forked over the cash. $100 sounds like a good price in the USA.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She doesn't respect you. Plain and simple.

You gave her $100 for groceries because you only had a hundred bill. You asked for $30 change specifically stating you would need $30 for the weekend. There is no ambiguity there and it doesn't matter what you needed the money for, it's YOUR money.

Then she goes and spends $95, completely ignoring your request for the $30. And I'm sure she gave you some punk ass excuse.

She is totally ungrateful and totally disrespectful.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea. I told her before she went to the store. As soon as she came back i told her that wasnt fair and that eventhough im offering her money, i need money too. She stayed silent. I was mad cuz i needed it to party that night. But its the principle.
Anywayz...the concencus im hearing is not good for me or her so...costs me a hundo to let this one go nice and quiet cuz she aint reached out to me yet.
Take the groceries on your way out

logicallefty

Reaction score
I would cancel all plans with her for a week and tell her you can’t see her cuz you have to go do some extra work to make the $25 back. See if she says anything or cares. Then go ghost. I agree with the posters above who said this is complete disrespect. To the highest level might I add.