Frank Zappa
Senior Don Juan
-
You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.
Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.
She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.
Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.
You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.
Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.
Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.
Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.
A cheater is always a cheater, or at least very prone to it. Do not call her tonight... Let her sweat it... If you call her tonight, you're letting her know you still have control. Act like you did something important tonight too. Too important for her. ~ZappaOriginally posted by JohnJones
She called me 3 times in the last hour and left messages saying she had a good time, that he knows what's going on and that he just wants to meet friends. She was trying to hook up with me tonight but I didn't respond.
I should clarify that she has never cheated on me, but has in the past on others.
Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.
I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.
Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules. Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.
What Jay is suggesting is actually a very interesting psychological phenomenon. We, as humans, are more motivated by the prospect of LOSING something than by the prospect of GAINING something. However, if indeed this girl is playing one side against the other or cheating on you or whatever, then it's not worth it in the first place.Originally posted by Jay Fiedler
You have to make her realize what she would be LOSING by playing these games. What she would be RISKING if she persists in doing this.
I might be able to buy the theory that she didn't cheat on you -- I don't know the chick. But do you honestly believe that through the whole process of meeting this guy, giving him her phone number, offering to go out to dinner with him on a Friday night, and neglecting to tell him about you -- that she was just "failing to see a date being set up"? I gotta say, that stretches my ability to suspend disbelief.Originally posted by JohnJones
This situation was one where she failed, like all girls, to see a "date" being set up, failed as Cassanova said, several steps along the way.
That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?
She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."
She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.
I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.
Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.
This couldn't be farther from the truth. Giovanni nailed it on the bullseye with this one. My last ex did this to me, and I later found out she was totally playing the field as a single girl, even though she was with me. Your girl has a different agenda to be out to dinner with this guy. She could've handled this in so many other alternate ways. Why dinner? Why not lunch? Why Friday? Why not a normal weekday? Maybe she only seeks his company for attention. Maybe she indeed has cheated on you. Who knows.Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova
John, listen to me very carefully: Girls do not give their numbers to guys they barely know, go out to dinner with them, and fail to tell them that they are already seeing someone WITHOUT A REASON. Think very carefully about why you would give your number to a girl you don't even know, turn her down for a group activity but agree to a one-on-one activity, and fail to inform her you have a girlfriend. I can only think of one reason. Perhaps you're more creative than I am.
Based on what you come up with, I think you know the appropriate action to take.
You may feel free to PM me as well. Lord knows I've been through this before, also.
This is the last thing I'm going to post to you from one of your previous posts. You spend too much time defending her. She's a strong gal, let her defend herself through her actions. If she can't, you have some serious evaluating to do. Any defending you do of her, is just you painting an illusion over your own eyes. ~ZappaOriginally posted by JohnJones
Let me defend her:
Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.
Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers. Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.
I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.
Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.
You've been "getting ready" for two years.
She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.
Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.