Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

FwB with an Ex?

M

member160292

Has anyone had experience with keeping an ex around as a plate with no intention of a relationship?
I ended my relationship with her a few weeks ago and it’s been a little difficult setting up dates lately. Her and I ended on very amicable terms and the reason why I moved on was because she did not the ambition to further her career. She is currently 35 so I had to break it off so she can move on to find someone to have kids with before it’s too late.

We had conversations and I made it explicitly clear that if she wanted to hang out, we can but there will be no future between us. She will be coming over in a few hours to stay over for the night.
I know this might not be a good idea and wanted any experiences like this and what to watch out for. Thanks.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exes in my experience are almost always willing to have sex with you again. However, their old feelings (and problems) will also return. It is a temporary arrangement at best. I’ve fvcked exes from up to ten years ago. If she is single, she is often unwilling to turn down the rare opportunity for consistent sex that does not add to her body count.

Last edited:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll admit to being stoned right now and reading the title as "Fwb-EX", like a Fed-Ex but for Tinder/Insta wh0res. Dudes get background checked and pay for the ride, drivers hang around outside while the plate gets banged. Service charges low fees so people use the service. When the investor cash runs out, a competing service arises.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll second Eye's experience on old plates.

M

member160292

Exes in my experience are almost always willing to have sex with you again. However, their old feelings (and problems) will also return. It is a temporary arrangement at best. I’ve fvcked exes from up to ten years ago. If she is single, she is often unwilling to turn down the rare opportunity for consistent sex that does not add to her body count.
That's very good insight. Thanks

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with keeping an ex around as a plate with no intention of a relationship?
I ended my relationship with her a few weeks ago and it’s been a little difficult setting up dates lately. Her and I ended on very amicable terms and the reason why I moved on was because she did not the ambition to further her career. She is currently 35 so I had to break it off so she can move on to find someone to have kids with before it’s too late.

We had conversations and I made it explicitly clear that if she wanted to hang out, we can but there will be no future between us. She will be coming over in a few hours to stay over for the night.
I know this might not be a good idea and wanted any experiences like this and what to watch out for. Thanks.
What was her career?

M

member160292

We had a good time last night and she was very eager to get intimate as IB mentioned. We agreed this would only be temporary and not the last time.

My blue balls relieved, which was killing me the entire week.

The question now is when to completely move on.....

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
We had a good time last night and she was very eager to get intimate as IB mentioned. We agreed this would only be temporary and not the last time.

My blue balls relieved, which was killing me the entire week.

The question now is when to completely move on.....
Keep it up until the juice is no longer worth the squeeze

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

You can. If you guys liked being around each other and there was some respect and not one "used" or highly manipulated the other then it's a good situation. You can have sex with someone you are attracted to and LIKE as a person and no one feels disrespected.

If that is your stance make sure you are dating others as well.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not intentionally. I really do believe and practice no contact. Once it's over, it is OVER. If I see her on the street I'll be a gentleman and say hi but no intent to keep taps AT ALL.

I only keep in touch with one ex but that is because we lost our virginity to each other, we went out for several years, and this was when we were young teenagers. We just have a lot of history together and truly care for each other beyond our romantic relationship.

And if she is single and I am single, we do get together and back to our old ways. But she is the only exception to my no-contact rule.

Modern Man Advice

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve done it... pretty much every ex if ever had has presented the opportunity to fck again. Both times I took them up on the opportunity it ended to getting weird. They both eventually tried to turn it back into some type of relationship. I felt that pressure building and would distance myself only to get crap from them... eventually I said wtf was the point of this... I got out a relationships with them and their clingy attitudes made me realize why.

I think it’s a bad idea

M

member160292

Another Saturday with the ex while I’m dating others. I have to say it really takes a LOT of pressure off the dating scene since I’m still coming up to speed after being away for so long

We have a good time and she is absolutely horny to get to the bedroom. This was missing when we were living together in over 2 years. I guess my self-improvement has sparked the reality that she would lose me one day.

Of course this will run its course one day, but we are very much enjoying our meetings together. I see it as a win-win scenario for me and she knows this is her best shot at having a good time.

M

member160292

Interesting tidbit,

With her ex of 10 years, sex was a negotiation. He had to do that because she was not aroused by him due to lack of leadership. This happened 3 years into the relationship and it was negotiated every month or so. They slept in separate rooms for years.

It’s much easier out there than what we make it out to be in SS, boys. Keep fighting the good fight

M

member160292

That’s classic Beta provider lifestyle. She was likely entertaining other options on the side and a monkey branch was likely at some point, depending on what the beta is providing her with.

It actually is quite hard out there. There’s quite a lot of committed players who are good at what they do, routinely smashing women. This is making women increasingly harder for average guys. It’s like an arms race.
Yep, it’s an arms race. Either compete or get left behind and feed on scraps here and there. Nothing comes easy, you get what you deserve.

Evolution at its finest. Period

Grounded eagle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

If you can keep your emotions out of it,and if you can avoid getting baited into a relationship with her,then go for it.

RBK

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This never ends well, one of you will likely catch feelings again and it will be a mess from there on out.

Have your fun but be prepared.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thinking about the whole"Ex" thing....I only had one relationship that was exclusive and sexual before I met my wife in college. All the others were ONS's.

"T" dumped me in October of my Sophomore year in college and started dating one of my best friends. During Spring Break six months later, she gets ahold of me to meet up (in the days before cell phones nonetheless). She's visiting one of her high school friends in my hometown 800 miles away from her new BF. I think she wanted to see if she could convince me to hookup and betray my buddy. I went to see her but nothing happened. By the summer she and my buddy had broken up.

Now she is an elementary teacher in her hometown and married to a guy who looks like Harry Goldenblatt with a couple of kids. We are friends on social media and she is envious of how attractive my kids are. She serves as a reminder that I can and HAVE upgraded after heartbreak.

We are all going to have Exes in our lives. Employers, roommates, landlords, friends. Learn to manage them for the best outcome and slot them accordingly in your life. But once they become an ex, they go to the consolation bracket and can never be in the winners bracket again. Best they can do is "Honorable Mention".

M

member160292

She's fine with me seeing other women, she did mentioned she started checking out Hinge. Since she is going to her home town in a couple of months with a strict COVID protocol, she won't be meeting with anyone. Who knows.

It's nice to know she technically downgraded herself to a plate. We have all the benefits of the fun and no obligations.

To add, she's down to do cosplay so I'm going to think up of some kinky sh!t

Last edited by a moderator: