Fvck Fitness!

izza

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mexican_player2 said:
theres a difference between WANTING and GETTING.
:rolleyes:
Good point. I want a girl to like me for who I am. If I don't like lifting weights, then I'm not fvcking going to do it. And my supermodel had better be ok with that.

I find it interesting how you guys read what I'm saying to be "i would love to be morbidly obese." No, I want to be healthy.

What's his name made a great point... I am all for just being healthy for health's sake, and for happiness' sake. But I used to lift weight to get women, and I reeked of insecurity.

I think we can all agree.

izza

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
blinkwatt said:
While you prove some good points you also forget some other points as well;

-Your only as healthy as the food you eat

-You can only do as much as your health permits,i.e. your 400+lbs in an electric shopping cart at the grocery store.
Somehow you're getting the impression that I want to be obese. I'm just saying the more out of shape I am, the bigger the compliment to my personality.

Unfortunately, I don't like being obese, so I guess my ego will have to take a blow :D

izza

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drumbass,

Bottom line Drumbass you're a fvcking idiot and if you think guys who don't work out are just like you... you're WRONG!

Want a Charleston chew? You prefer barbells perhaps, I don't know.

You make a great point here. I am actually astonished, but I don't think you realize what it is.

You'll know who improves themselves to impress other people and people who improve themselves for themselves. As time passes there will be quitters and people who maintain a lifestyle, guess which one of the 2 are the ones who are genuine to themselves.
You're right, by stopping going to the gym, I was true to myself because I HATE THE GYM!!

I improve myself for myself. I hate the gym and I don't give a **** about six-pack. I care about health and making my body happy. I am not sedentary.

But like some guy above said, I think my point is that I don't need to be a bodybuilder. I just need to make my body happy, and I will be plenty attractive (yay genetics!).

...your post is really about you being a whiney bitch because you hate yourself for being a tool and getting no where, your still a bitch ass tool because your aren't getting success with the bitches and your frustrated..like a typical average frustrated chump so now you come on here out of jealousy because you do want to have a great body, but like 99.9% of the dick heads on the main board and a few in the Health and fitness section..your motivation and priorities are for the wrong purposes..even while you bash having a great looking outside appearance, look at your reasons for not caring about your appearance..for women, you want women who will overlook your laziness, but ultimately it is FOR WOMEN and thats what makes you the same as all the other chumps I see who care about what is the best way to get women.
You're a whiney b!tch, and it's quite evident to me that you hate yourself for being a tool. You must be frustrated, like a typical average frustrated chump, and now you hate my self-confidence out of jealousy. You do want a great body but like 99.9% of ****heads on this board your motivation and priorities are in the wrong places for the wrong purposes. You want women who will overlook your laziness, but you're just the same as all the other chumps I see.

Want a salad?

I do care about the best way to get women. Put simply, I'm finding that having an interesting and fun personality is way simpler and more effective, and ultimately more rewarding.

Sincerely,

Izza

Drum&Bass said:
the bottom line izza, your a fucking idiot and you think guys who work out are just like you...you're WRONG

You'll know who improves themselves to impress other people and people who improve themselves for themselves. As time passes there will be quitters and people who maintain a lifestyle, guess which one of the 2 are the ones who are genuine to themselves.

...your post is really about you being a whiney bitch because you hate yourself for being a tool and getting no where, your still a bitch ass tool because your aren't getting success with the bitches and your frustrated..like a typical average frustrated chump so now you come on here out of jealousy because you do want to have a great body, but like 99.9% of the dick heads on the main board and a few in the Health and fitness section..your motivation and priorities are for the wrong purposes..even while you bash having a great looking outside appearance, look at your reasons for not caring about your appearance..for women, you want women who will overlook your laziness, but ultimately it is FOR WOMEN and thats what makes you the same as all the other chumps I see who care about what is the best way to get women.

sincerely, drum & bass

izza

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm afraid of that too. I'm afraid women won't be interested enough in me to stay with me based on my personality alone. Granted, I will be looking elsewhere too (I'm a man).

Yeah, I'm not planning on being super-obese though. I mean, I love health for it's own sake.

I see attraction as like any other art. The purpose of art is not to be beautiful by the standards that pre-exist, but to redefine beauty with such power that others are convinced. This is the basis for any revolution in art.

I am far from suggesting a revolution of fat men. But on a different scale, I think it is possible to redefine what a woman sees as physically attractive through self love and self-acceptance.

As with most relationships, the man leads. I believed I had a bad body in my previous relationship, and the girl ended up losing her sex drive, even though I was in fabulous shape.

I am sensing a ton of insecurity and inadequacy from these replies. Perhaps I am just projecting insecurity and inadequacy from my own mind, I don't know.

Jariel said:
It's a nice attitude in theory, but I know guys in that exact position. The problem is, although their girls love them for their charm, personality and the security, as soon as a hot guy walks past, their heads turn and their minds start wandering.

One of my mate's ex-girlfriends told me that although she loved the guy she would think of other guys when they have sex. I've had quite a few girls in relationships proposition me too. They don't want to leave their boyfriends, but they do want to experience the physical excitement of being with an attractive guy.

Strong relationships are built on physical and mental attraction. If you can't provide your woman with both of these, she may seek it elsewhere.

izza

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
if you can't provide your woman with those you have no business being with her in the first place.

but: if your girlfriend does truly love you, no matter how unattractive you think you are, to her you'll be the most gorgeous thing on the planet and her head will never turn. o'course, you gotta find the right woman for that. and when I did, I was fat, didn't deter her one bit. :D
Yes, that's what I was trying to get at. Thank you.

izza

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Throttle said:
izza, your several posts above are riddled with contradictions. let's try a few ideas that aren't:

- those who ignore fitness & live a sedentary lifestyle live shorter, less happy, less fulfilled lives, typically lack confidence in themselves & project desperation, especially to the opposite sex.

- every human body needs exercise. so you have to find things that you enjoy. hate gyms? avoid them. hate running? don't. hate weights? don't touch 'em. find the things you enjoy -- they're the only ones you'll keep up with. but if you say "i want to look like _____" -- whatever the reason -- then you just might have to take up exercise you don't like.

- eating what your body tells you to eat only works if your body is sending the right signals. most of us are surrounded by food choices that are literally engineered to trick our senses -- sweetness, crispiness, etc. that are not available in any natural guise.

- nobody needs a perfect body to attract desirable members of the opposite sex. it cannot compensate for lack of personality, nor a lack of self-confidence. however, for many, getting in better shape supplies more than enough extra confidence to make all the difference.

- nearly everyone should be eating better and excercising more (and more intelligently), and to me, any motivation that produces that is a Good Thing.
- every human body needs exercise. so you have to find things that you enjoy. hate gyms? avoid them. hate running? don't. hate weights? don't touch 'em. find the things you enjoy -- they're the only ones you'll keep up with. but if you say "i want to look like _____" -- whatever the reason -- then you just might have to take up exercise you don't like.
Good point. That's what I do. I hate gyms, but my body loves exercise, so I walk and bike and play basketball outside.

- eating what your body tells you to eat only works if your body is sending the right signals. most of us are surrounded by food choices that are literally engineered to trick our senses -- sweetness, crispiness, etc. that are not available in any natural guise.
That's true. I guess I'm worried that my body won't be able to tell what I want and need to eat. But I find that my cravings for certain types of food give me a good hint (I needed a salad last night, so I ate one and it was good).

Also, the more I improve my self-acceptance, the more I eat to nourish, not to forget, if you know what I mean.

Thanks for the reply, I enjoyed reading it.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can't mention that you want a hot girl, a supermodel, a gorgeous babe, yet say that you don't want women to go for you because of your looks, without being a hypocrite. Be consistant one way or the other.

In your post, you reverse-rationalize reasons why you can't be bothered to go to the gym or to eat the way you would need to in order to get a six-pack. Subconsciously, it's your insecurity, and the feeling that you're not good enough and don't deserve the benefits that putting work into yourself will bring.. You then convince yourself that you just don't care, in order to rationalize away your insecurities.

What you do becomes what you're worth. Are YOU worth the effort to shed bodyfat and build muscle? Are YOU worth the effort to build a business or complete college, and make bank? Are YOU worth the effort to buy nice clothes that fit well and match well?

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Didn't you hear him dude? HE said he wanted his supermodel gf to GET IN HIS BELLY!!!

dopexile

Don Juan
Reaction score
Seems like a rather hypocritical premise... you don't want to be used for your body yet you want to use a girl for her attractive body. I'm not quite sure how you expect women to perfect their looks for you yet you can't be bothered to do anything in return.

I remember a few years ago on TV someone was interviewing Donald Trump's wife and they asked her "Do you think you would have married Mr. Trump if he wasn't rich?", she replied "Do you think Mr. Trump would have married me if I didn't look this good?". This is not a ground breaking concept, people get in relationships because they are mutually beneficial.

izza

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MetalFortress said:
You can't mention that you want a hot girl, a supermodel, a gorgeous babe, yet say that you don't want women to go for you because of your looks, without being a hypocrite. Be consistant one way or the other.

In your post, you reverse-rationalize reasons why you can't be bothered to go to the gym or to eat the way you would need to in order to get a six-pack. Subconsciously, it's your insecurity, and the feeling that you're not good enough and don't deserve the benefits that putting work into yourself will bring.. You then convince yourself that you just don't care, in order to rationalize away your insecurities.

What you do becomes what you're worth. Are YOU worth the effort to shed bodyfat and build muscle? Are YOU worth the effort to build a business or complete college, and make bank? Are YOU worth the effort to buy nice clothes that fit well and match well?
Great response. One of three here were actually worth the four seconds they took me to read. For some reason, I feel ok with hypocrisy.

Men and women look for different things. In my experience, women are way more flexible about looks because the personality aspect seems to be so much more important.

Well since you are pretending to know how I feel, I think I'll reverse the tables:

Are you interesting enough to attract a hot babe using your personality? What if you add 100 pounds. Are you still interesting enough?

I think you are using exercise to mask your insecurity about who you really are, and feelings of inadequacy.

I don't know you... but then again, you don't know me. For the record, you may be right that I'm "masking" insecurity with my body by focusing on healing my insecurity about my boringness. Then again, I figure my insecurity about my body begins with feelings of unworthiness about my soul.

I may be wrong though, that is just my operating assumption.

Izza

izza

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Create Reality said:
Didn't you hear him dude? HE said he wanted his supermodel gf to GET IN HIS BELLY!!!
My supermodel gf would totally get in your belly.

Want a tic-tac?

izza

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mr_elor said:
Damn you're right you know, exercise is for losers.

I hate having a nicer body, feeling far more energetic, feeling mroe confident, applying self-discipline, eating right and therefore feeling better, being stronger, being able to exercise using stronger weights and for longer. Yeah, it's a pain, I'll just sit here with my McDonalds instead gettinng fat and waiting for my heart to burst/diabetes to worsen.

The same standards I look for in a woman I feel I should apply myself, and it just wouldn't be right for me to expect a woman with a decent body whilst I have a beer belly. Plus it's a nice bonus regardless to add to my other qualities.
Yeah you're right, sitting around at a gym all day because you have no personality is for winners. God how I love making up for being boring by such mentally stimulating activities as lifting iron, putting it back down, and lifting it back up again.

I hate following my body's directions for when to exercise and when not to exercise. Making my body happy makes me so sad.

God I hate eating better, and listening to my body's nutritional desires.

And God how I hate feeling better, living longer, and feeling more energetic. (read the original post more carefully)

Man I hate having more self-confidence and a true feeling that no matter how I look, I will still be getting weightlifters girlfriends - while they're at the gym. I hate doing interesting and stimulating things with my time. That really pisses me off.

I am fine with applying different standards to women than I apply to myself. Women want different things from a man than I want from a woman. Look at Mystery. He looks like a stick. Yeah, he doesn't suck with the ladies.

Mmmmk?

izza

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dopexile said:
Seems like a rather hypocritical premise... you don't want to be used for your body yet you want to use a girl for her attractive body. I'm not quite sure how you expect women to perfect their looks for you yet you can't be bothered to do anything in return.
I don't want to use anybody for their body. A personality is a must for me. So is beauty.

But you know, women are different from men. They appear to have different needs. All I need is sex and food. I want a good personality.

Women need a person who is happy to be the leader of a relationship. Women pay a huge price for being shallow, because women are much harder to "manage." Women are far less visual, by all accounts. If I rock a woman's world with my personality she will love my body.

I openly joke about my little belly. I joke about being out of shape. The women I know and love, love a man who does what he feels like. When I feel like exercising I will. But now I don't.

So I won't.

Izza

I remember a few years ago on TV someone was interviewing Donald Trump's wife and they asked her "Do you think you would have married Mr. Trump if he wasn't rich?", she replied "Do you think Mr. Trump would have married me if I didn't look this good?". This is not a ground breaking concept, people get in relationships because they are mutually beneficial.
I'm really sorry you feel that way. But I admit that you may ultimately be right. I'm just doing what feels best for my life.

That said, I really detest the cynical view of relationships that you just espoused. I hope your life will be filled with true love, and that your loves will transcend what is only "mutually beneficial."

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i hated the gym so much until i started powerlifting. you say you like sports, try powerlifting.

izza

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kev07 said:
i dont think anyone here ever advocated working out for the sole purpose of attracting women. not to mention, if that was your only reason to work out, you wont last long
Good man!

I agree, people don't advocate that. But then again, do you think this thread would receive this much hatred if people didn't work out to try to impress the ladies? When I first joined this board, I looked down on "tricks" but then I went out and used the tricks found here. When I first came to this site, I told myself I was working out "to improve myself", when in reality, I didn't feel that my body was worthy of a gorgeous girl.

Seriously, count how many people said, "I work out because I love working out." Like 3 out of a lot of replies.

I'm sure working out to impress the ladies works great, and that people love exercising. Or maybe they see it as a necessary duty. I don't know. But that sure is a lot of insult-filled replies.

You'll forgive me if I wonder if I've hit some sort of nerve with other people as well. I think some people are afraid they'll go to the gym tomorrow and realize... that they hate the gym. But maybe not. I'm not saying this is the case with you.

I'm just feeling a lot of fear.

Izza

izza

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wolf116 said:
i hated the gym so much until i started powerlifting. you say you like sports, try powerlifting.
I wade through untold rivers of flames and abstractions and commands and arrogant declarations to read posts like yours. Thank you for sharing your personal experience (there is next to no personal experience posted on this thread, I'm astonished).

I will look up what powerlifting is (as opposed to just lifting?) I have lifted weights before and I hated it, but I will keep what you said in mind. Working out that's fun would be great, because my body would like a bit more stimulation.

I posted this thread hoping that people would share their experiences and emotions. Instead I get judgment. Which is ok, people are afraid of what I'm saying. They're afraid that they'll lose their motivation and their momentum. They're afraid of getting stuck. If I were depending on my body to attract women, I would feel afraid too. Maybe they're not afraid. It's possible that I'm just plain wrong.

Anyway, I appreciate your insight. Thanks,

Izza

shagnscoob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
izza said:
I would rather pick up a hot babe when I'm 100 pounds overweight, than with a six-pack.

I would rather pick up a super model when I'm 100 pounds overweight than with a six-pack.

okay cool. get the **** out of the HEALTH AND FITNESS forum then.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is actually a very interesting thread.

I have often wondered how many guys go to the gym just because they want to improve their physique because they think they can meet more girls this way? It really makes me wonder.

I'd say the guys where that is the main motivator, may not stick with it as much.

The other thing is, it seems like that for guys that are in their early 20's there are tons of them that are in great shape. Heck you really don't even have to workout that much to be in that good of shape at that age since your metabolism is sky high. In the early 20's there may be more guys in good shape than girls. So what the hell is going on. The guys are competing to get in the best shape to go after fat girls with pretty faces. It's kind of unfair.

As guys get into their 30's though, especially with many of them married, you really don't see nearly as many guys in good shape. That's a shame but it's true. Metabolism slows down as well.

In any event I do like working out. I like the challenge and the instant feedback with numbers that you get (weight lifted, time ran, weight, body fat)

I think I got a bit addicted to the buzz of working out and if i stop for too long I feel bad.

I don't blame the author of the thread for his thoughts though. In fact I've thought the same thing. I think alot of the guys at the gym may be AFC's who feel like they have to get a perfect body to meet a girl. This also explains that muscle dysmorphia (not sure if that's the right name), where guys look in the mirror all the time and are never big enough. Kind of like an inverse anorexia deal.