"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

From mega shy to over confident

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 17, 2004
Messages
944
Reaction score
1
Age
41
This year I was too shy now I'm over confident. How can I fix this? This is feed back off some grls which told my friends this.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Caveman

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 22, 2001
Messages
694
Reaction score
2
Location
NL
LOL
Overconfident is way better. Just take it down a notch. Be aware of your godlike greatness in your own mind. Don't brag about it :D
 

Knicknack

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 3, 2003
Messages
602
Reaction score
0
you're probably being a little too ****y and not enough funny. just try to be a little more playful.
 

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 17, 2004
Messages
944
Reaction score
1
Age
41
great stuff guys :) never talk about my greatness :D
 

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
Or if you do talk about your greatness, at least make sure it's perceived in a funny way and doesn't make them feel snubbed or inferior.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 17, 2004
Messages
944
Reaction score
1
Age
41
yeah I make alot of pple inferior to me, guys and girls. Will calm that down too.

1 jelous guy was like trying to crash and burn me to grls (N)
 

Seeph

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 18, 2003
Messages
145
Reaction score
1
Location
Cloud 9
You went from one extreme to another, it is stupid to ask how to fix being over-confident..
 

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
This is a problem I had when I started DJing. I went straight from nice guy to jerk, from insecure to arrogant and from being warm to being ice cold and a number of people have said the same thing.

But don't worry, give it time and you'll find the balance you're most comfortable with and that serves you best.
 

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 17, 2004
Messages
944
Reaction score
1
Age
41
Yeah thats exactly right what Dirtheart said. I still think I need more confidence though to cold approach on a street or something.

Normaly I used to walk down the road and think no1 was intrested now I feel like I'm in my own matrix reading what people think like its printed on their head.

Even when a girl is speaking to me it's like I can here a second convo in my ear with what shes realy saying. It's almost like magic powers.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

biker_gixxer

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 3, 2004
Messages
688
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Dirtheart
This is a problem I had when I started DJing. I went straight from nice guy to jerk, from insecure to arrogant and from being warm to being ice cold and a number of people have said the same thing.

But don't worry, give it time and you'll find the balance you're most comfortable with and that serves you best.
I agree. You'll find that 'comfort zone', just be patient.
 

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 17, 2004
Messages
944
Reaction score
1
Age
41
This is how it went,

shy
just cant do it
feeling fake
know everything but not using it
doubt
becoming a robot
being quiete
over confident

I guess there will be more to add to that list
 

MacDiddy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 9, 2004
Messages
1,070
Reaction score
2
Location
Down South. Between the Y junction.
So chicks think you're over confident!!! If a chick thinks that you're a jerk, would she go out with you? Most likely.

Don't ever pay attention to what a chick has to say. Pay Attention to her actions!!!!
 

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 17, 2004
Messages
944
Reaction score
1
Age
41
I agree but jerk is before don juan. I want to become a master dj
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

legolas

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 2, 2003
Messages
951
Reaction score
14
Location
Red Sox Nation
If you want to become a master DJ, you need a DJ board and lots of disks to spin :D

What do you exactly mean by overconfident? You mean you act like an ass.hole? If you act like an ass.hole, you've seen the other side, it is now time to find the golden balance. Confidence is more of a knowing and believing type of thing, which means you so things because you are 100% convinced that a certain thing will happen. Confidence is more about being quieter and slower because you konw what's going to happen.

If you're acting like an ass.hole, that's not confidence, that's just being an ass.hole :D If you're not acting like an ass.hole, then what do mean by overconfident?
 

SDBmania

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 29, 2003
Messages
296
Reaction score
0
Age
45
By over-confidence, you mean arrogant? Yeah that's bad, but that's ok.

You can be confident and modest. Modesty is good too. Just don't go around telling people you're all that. Be modest around others, but to yourself, be like, "Oh yea I rule!" You know, just balace external modesty with confidence and you'll be fine.
 

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 10, 2004
Messages
523
Reaction score
2
i think over-confidence can at times hurt you.
so mix it up...ACT afc sometimes!

A True DJ knows how to balance his act to get MOST response from women.

i'm not saying to be less confident..but sometimes ACT like you are less confident....it is really very easy
so next time you meet a girl...act like you are kindof shy...trust me...you'll have more fun with this than anything else!
 

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 11, 2002
Messages
3,015
Reaction score
5
SOLID, I remember you when you first came to this forum. You seemed like a nice guy, and I dont mean a "nice guy" like an AFC. You seemed a lot more sure of yourself then than you do now.

Now you seem like an immature little girl. Go ahead and read over your first posts, and your posts now. Fake confidence? I think so. Take a step back and look at yourself and you will discover why some girls who know your friends think this. Oh and by the way most girls are not attracted to this kind of "confidence"..........!!
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

Top