"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

FR: Elevator in my apt. complex (seeking analysis)

static

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 31, 2003
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Location
LA
I was in my workout clothes (shorts,sleeveless shirt) as I entered the elevator going down in my apt. complex. The elevator opens and I see this girl whom I've never seen before. She was dressed like she was either going to a club or on a date. It was about 8:00p.m.

Dialogue and action:

Elevator door opens. She puts her head down (NOT in the "I don't like you" sense, but more in the depressed sense) and moves the back corner of the elevator.

Me: Hey, what are your plans for tonight?
Her: I don't know. I don't have anything planned. What day is it?

puase, she is thinking

Her: Oh, it's saturday. I just haven't been doing my regular thing lately, so I forgot. (Note that she didn't sound like one of those dumb girls. She wasn't talking really fast either. She just seemed kinda in a weird state of mind). Well, I don't have anything planned.

I was smiling at her when she didn't know what day it was.

Me: That's funny that you didn't know the day.

The door opens

Me: Well, I hope you have fun whatever you do tonight.
Her: Smiles and is happy, Thanks

Then I walk out since I got off on the floor above her.

Looking back I think I should have invited her to my place.
I thought maybe her saying that "she doesn't know what she gonna do" and then after that , DESPITE THE WAY SHE WAS DRESSED UP, she was perhaps trying to forgot about her plans that she had because she didn't like them and was hoping I'd change them.

You guys will probably say I'm reading into this too much. But I'm just curious why she was dressed that way and then saying more progressively (3 different times, and stronger, more direct each time) that she wasn't doing anything?

edit: My question is: Was this a come on by her or was it just regular convo.?
 
Last edited:

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

KiInCollege

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
424
Reaction score
3
Location
USA, Graduated Already - old screen name!
Damn all this thinking and no closing.

Why don't you tell us about how you were second-guessing yourself in the elevator the entire time? All the girl can do is give you some hints. She did and you didn't go for it - there's nothing more to discuss except that you should be disappointed in yourself and use this motivation for next time.
 

Crank_It_Up

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
546
Reaction score
1
the girl meets you for the first time in an elevator, she doesn't know you from jack the ripper... don't ask her to follow you to your place, but someplace where she will feel more safe, like a public place
 

wolfie

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 27, 2003
Messages
298
Reaction score
1
lol
i wish we could see more 'field reports' like this. maybe one that took place coming out of the lobby and saying hi to the doorman, or having a chat with the bus driver as one gets off at their stop.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

R3N3G4D3

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 21, 2003
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Originally posted by wolfie
lol
i wish we could see more 'field reports' like this. maybe one that took place coming out of the lobby and saying hi to the doorman, or having a chat with the bus driver as one gets off at their stop.
So I was ready to get off the bus, and I asked her "Could you please stop the bus here?"

AND SHE DID! That must a definite sign of attraction, guys do you think I should have asked her out?
 

Crank_It_Up

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
546
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by R3N3G4D3
So I was ready to get off the bus, and I asked her "Could you please stop the bus here?"

AND SHE DID! That must a definite sign of attraction, guys do you think I should have asked her out?
no, you should have remained on the bus and banged her after everyone else got off, haven't you learned anything here?
 
Top