Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Flu shot vaccine

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree that the process is flawed just like this Covid thing to begin with but I digress.

In my area, grocery workers are also on the priority list. I can just see people wanting to get hired into a grocery store just to get the vaccine now. :rolleyes:
Senseless outrage. Everyone in the US will be eligible for one of the vaccines at some point in 2021.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Senseless outrage. Everyone in the US will be eligible for one of the vaccines at some point in 2021.
Yes, it’s a national distribution program the enormous scope of which I can’t ever remember seeing before in my lifetime, and the public’s me first attitude always surfaces…

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shouldn't courts decide this?
Sure. I imagine someone will sue. Curiously enough, the eeoc was established to enforce the 1964 civil rights act in the workplace. Their role has always been to protect individual rights. But now they are actually doing the opposite, protecting the employers instead of the employees.

It's the "right to work" bs that will cover the employers asses. No one, including the government, can force you to get a shot. But right to work actually means the opposite, the right to be fired for any reason. You don't have the right to a job, so you can be fired for refusing the vaccine.

Last edited:

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
“Attention grabbing headlines with sensationalist content can attract even the savviest internet users and studies have shown they tend to generate more user engagement”, warned the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development, in July, 2020. “As a result, content personalisation algorithms can repeatedly expose people to the same or similar content and ads even on the basis of disinformation.

This is how social media works to keep users engaged and what people like @stovepipe fall victim to. He's so far down the rabbit hole of the conspiracy theories that no amount of facts to the contrary will convince him otherwise, and he's far from alone.
I took this flat earth movement as a hilarious joke, until i noticed that a surprising large amount of people were actually serious about it and it was followed by 'pizzagate', and here we are again. Now vaccines are supposedly dangerous to our health and we're not supposed to trust facts, governments and professionals instead get lost in conspiracy stories and delusions that ultimately threaten our democracy.
This is just showing how dangerous social media has become on a global scale, since it's business model thrives on keeping people engaged at all costs, truth or not is irrelevant.

Medicines are not sugar pills, they're potent, good and bad, they have effects and side-effects. That's why they don't sell them as candy in the grocery store. That there are risks involved with all medicines is a price we have to pay in the times we live in now, times of advanced science and not in the middle age.
What we do know is that 77 million people have caught Covid-19 and 2 million have died from it. It's caused severe, traumatized illness for many who survived, teared down medical personnel and postponed healthcare for people with other serious illnesses.
Lockdowns have led to more isolation, depression and lost school years. The economic fall has to led to people losing their income, life's work and risk of losing their homes.
The fact that now, less than a year from the discovery of the pandemic, there are multiple vaccines that give us the chance to reach herd immunity under 2021 is quite an amazing achievement, but that assumes that the majority of people actually will take the vaccine.
If everything goes to plan then the success of Covid-19 can help to stop the anti-vaxxers destructive movement on the internet, which would save many lives in the future.

"A paper published in Nature earlier this year mapped online views on vaccination. The authors concluded that “although smaller in overall size, anti-vaccination clusters manage to become highly entangled with undecided clusters in the main online network, whereas pro-vaccination clusters are more peripheral”. They warned that in a decade the anti-vaccination movement could overwhelm pro-vaccination voices online. If that came to pass, the consequences would stretch far beyond COVID-19."

Source: The online anti-vaccine movement in the age of COVID-19

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I will be seeking out to take this Flu shot vaccine BEFORE trying the Covid-19 vaccine. This way I will built up immunity to protect my body against the side-effects of the Covid-19 vaccine and if there is any adverse reaction, it's better to get it with the flu shot than with a covid-19 shot which has a greater statistical occurrence of side-effects, more intense side-effects, and chances are, if you are allergic to the seasonal flu shot, then that's a solid idea to pass a controversial, conspiracy theory, rushed vaccine that's seems as spooky as the actual virus.

Anyone else trying the flu shot before they take their chances on the covid vaccine or are you just going to take the plunge? I'm right now worried about even this flu shot as I've never taken one in my life and I don't know how I would react to this.
As soon as I can get one of the Covid vaccines, I'll take it. Although, hopefully it will be one that's been properly tested rather than the Russian or Chinese one.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well what I thought would happen, happened a lot sooner as UK is reporting mutated Covid virus. It now remains to be seen how efffective the current vaccines are against the new strain.

Also for anyone that has gotten the vaccine, do they tell you which one you'll be getting? Right now it's between Moderna and Pfizer but there are at least 3 others on deck for approval sometime in the near future. It will be interesting to see if there are different effects between them.

One of my plates that's a nurse is scheduled to get hers next Monday. I'll report back then on anything she says.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well what I thought would happen, happened a lot sooner as UK is reporting mutated Covid virus. It now remains to be seen how efffective the current vaccines are against the new strain.

Also for anyone that has gotten the vaccine, do they tell you which one you'll be getting? Right now it's between Moderna and Pfizer but there are at least 3 others on deck for approval sometime in the near future. It will be interesting to see if there are different effects between them.

One of my plates that's a nurse is scheduled to get hers next Monday. I'll report back then on anything she says.
In the UK it's currently the Pfeizer vaccine which is made in Belgium. The Moderna (USA) vaccine won't arrive in the UK until April. The other one is Oxford Astra-Zeneca, which should be approved very soon and is the cheapest and easiest to distribute and manufacture, so that's what most people will get. I doubt they will tell you, though, unless you ask.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the US, Johnson and Johnson's Covid vaccine is expected to be approved in January as well.

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well it's been exactly 3568 documented mutations to this date, so it was just a matter of time before one would change it's behavior substantially for better, or for worse and one solid argument for lockdowns since viruses natural way is to replicate and evolve but they will only evolve if they're allowed to by being given enough opportunities.
In theory, if the world would have had no lockdowns then the virus would have mutated a ton more by now.

They seem confident about the vaccine working on the new mutation but let's see about that. I'm sure we'll notice ;)

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just got my flu shot yesterday. My **** fell off today...

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zekko, all I have is a runny nose two nights in a row now. No big deal as per the usual.