Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fitness Standards: How Fat is “Fat?”

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm eating between 250-275g of protein a day.
Chrissst haha that’s a lot.

How much do you weigh? How many calories do you eat on average? What does a day of eating look like for you when cutting?

That being said, I don’t aspire to look like an IFBB pro. I just want a beach body and a nice amount of muscle.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How much do you weigh? What does a day of eating look like for you when cutting?
5'6 173lbs as of today. You don't need as much protein when cutting. When I was cutting, I started around where I'm at now, and then ended up around 180g of protein.

Meal 1 - Pre workout smoothie -
Meal 2- post workout smoothie
Meal 3- 7oz of chicken breast, 7oz of broccoli
This was my diet when I was at the end of my cut.
180g -protein / roughly 150g of carbs / 40g of fat rough numbers
The fats came from either cheese, and low fat mayo, on days I'd eat the chicken in wraps, and nuts on other days.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5'6 173lbs as of today. You don't need as much protein when cutting. When I was cutting, I started around where I'm at now, and then ended up around 180g of protein.

The fats came from either cheese, and low fat mayo, on days I'd eat the chicken in wraps, and nuts on other days.
Ok, that diet sounds pretty enjoyable tbh. I like it, especially the fact that it's only 3 meals.

I'd just need some fat free Ranch with my chicken, and make the post workout smoothie a Protein Ice Cream and I could stick to it decently well, assuming some social situation didn't come up that wrecked the diet lol.

I've associated high protein diets with misery because of these old diets I used to try to follow that would have you eat chicken broccoli and rice out of tupperware 6x a day :lol:
I failed at those literally every single time lol. Not only the whole chicken, broccoli and rice for every single meal, but the high meal frequency was a pain in the ass.

Last edited:

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've associated high protein diets with misery because of these old diets I used to try to follow that would have you eat chicken broccoli and rice out of tupperware 6x a day :lol:
I failed at those literally every single time lol. Not only the whole chicken, broccoli and rice for every single meal, but the high meal frequency was a pain in the ass.
Here's a secret for you. For some bodybuilders, they'll get to the point where their body is physically rejecting the chicken. Their throat will close up while trying to swallow it. So they end up blending a couple of their meals to be able to get them down.

I can't eat six meals a day.. So I'll opt for going a little higher protein in the meals I do eat, to compensate. Right now, because I don't have much of an appetite, my protein looks like this:
Whey - 44g
Chicken - 60-95g
Egg whites - 100g
peanut butter powder - 12g
yogurt - 12g

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I also wanted to share this: this is my most muscular physique, which I had in the summer of 2017. I was doing Push Pull Legs at the time.

At the time, I was eating around 100 G of protein a day, mostly coming from shakes and chicken breast.

Calories are unknown because I was mostly just eating intuitively(I know now that's a horrible idea lol.)

My strength was around a 315 squat for 5 reps and a 225 bench for 5 reps iirc.

I really like this physique. This is as about as muscular as I'd need to be. I just didn't have the leanness because at that time every cut I tried failed lmao. So if I could just have this muscularity with abs, I'm totally content.

Chuck Taylor

Banned
Reaction score
I also wanted to share this: this is my most muscular physique, which I had in the summer of 2017. I was doing Push Pull Legs at the time.

At the time, I was eating around 100 G of protein a day, mostly coming from shakes and chicken breast.

Calories are unknown because I was mostly just eating intuitively(I know now that's a horrible idea lol.)

My strength was around a 315 squat for 5 reps and a 225 bench for 5 reps iirc.

I really like this physique. This is as about as muscular as I'd need to be. I just didn't have the leanness because at that time every cut I tried failed lmao. So if I could just have this muscularity with abs, I'm totally content.

Lookin good bro. Check out these plant protein drinks. I have one a day. Taste great.

Chocolate Banana Protein Shake | Protein Drinks | Koia – Drink Koia Online

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's a secret for you. For some bodybuilders, they'll get to the point where their body is physically rejecting the chicken. Their throat will close up while trying to swallow it. So they end up blending a couple of their meals to be able to get them down.

I can't eat six meals a day.. So I'll opt for going a little higher protein in the meals I do eat, to compensate. Right now, because I don't have much of an appetite, my protein looks like this:
Whey - 44g
Chicken - 60-95g
Egg whites - 100g
peanut butter powder - 12g
yogurt - 12g
I had no clue that bodybuilders actually did that. I've heard of people doing that getting ready for movie roles. But truthfully, I always thought they were just saying that for clout lol.

I see a lot of your protein is coming from egg whites. Have you ever tried Egg Beaters? I love those. Same macros as whites but due to some of the stuff they put in them they look and taste like whole eggs.

You cook those up, add in some chopped onions, green peppers, nonfat cheese on top(very very very underrated protein source) and some "That Stuff" Hot sauce? Now that's a meal. Delicious. Extremely high protein and virtually no fat.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lookin good bro. Check out these plant protein drinks. I have one a day. Taste great.

Chocolate Banana Protein Shake | Protein Drinks | Koia – Drink Koia Online
Thanks man! I'm going to get back to this muscularity once I finish my cut. At this time, I was lifting 6x a week. In hindsight, that was probably overkill, I don't think you need all that volume.

By the way, to hit that 315 squat for reps, I had to use a belt. Does that still "count?"

I'll check it out. Chocolate banana sounds pretty good. I'd probably turn that into protein ice cream lol.

But the macros look solid. I also like how there's some fat in these, which probably helps the taste as well. Can't be cutting out all fats when you're cutting or you'll run into serious issues lol

Last edited:

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I see a lot of your protein is coming from egg whites. Have you ever tried Egg Beaters?
No. Honestly, cooking them up would make it seem like another meal that I probably wouldn't be able to put down. It's much easier just drinking the egg whites for the last meal. It's like drinking water that has the consistency of milk.

derringerG

Banned
Reaction score
Yo guys. Beach season is coming up, it’s time to start getting ready for it. I’m smack dab in the middle of my cut. It’s going well. At this point last year, I estimate that I was in the high 20s to low 30s in BF%. Chubby af lol.

So, I’d love to know what you all think. What is the hard BF% number to be considered not “fat?”

Dude, you're falling for the hollywood propaganda of the 'roided out action hero meathead. These types of physiques cannot be achieved naturally (in the vast majority of cases). Generally, it requires stacking and cycling gear indefinitely on and off to acquire these types of results.

If you are genetically gifted so that you are BOTH extremely lean and extremely muscular, lucky you. If not perhaps you can devote an inordinate amount of time in the gym, 2, 4, 6+ hours a day if you are disciplined enough to stay clean.

If you are doing this to impress women, I'd say it's a waste of time. My weight and physique have been all over the map from very, very wiry lean to noticeably overweight, to moderately muscular and athletic. Currently, I'm overweight by 20 pounds above my "ideal" weight.

It hasn't made one iota of difference in terms of attracting women. I am just as attractive now as when I am at my "ideal" weight. In other words, my "ideal weight" is spread out over such a wide range it really doesn't matter.

You should be lifting weights and/or engaging in weight resistance training (pushups pullups dips etc) anyway because it's healthy and gratifying and improves your overall quality of life and life span. It will not miraculously turn you into a gigolo.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If not perhaps you can devote an inordinate amount of time in the gym, 2, 4, 6+ hours a day if you are disciplined enough to stay clean.
No way... He'd simply over train, and not recover properly with no growth.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No. Honestly, cooking them up would make it seem like another meal that I probably wouldn't be able to put down. It's much easier just drinking the egg whites for the last meal. It's like drinking water that has the consistency of milk.
Different strokes I guess haha. I could never make myself drink egg whites straight even if they don't taste like anything. I'd feel too much like I'm in Rocky lol. At that point, I'd rather force feed another meal if I had to.

That being said, my appetite has always been huge. I could eat 4000-5000 calories in a day and be like "Ok, where's my next meal?" If I didn't practice calorie counting/dietary restraint.

That's why cutting has always been the hardest part of fitness for me, personally. I literally couldn't do it until I started implementing strategies like Intermittent Fasting and some Extended Fasting as well, to keep my appetite under control and let me eat bigger meals while still hitting my calories.

Speaking off egg whites though, once I want to switch it up from the high protein mac and cheese that I make, I've considered adding these to my diet. I've seen a lot of bodybuilders use them during prep:

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, you're falling for the hollywood propaganda of the 'roided out action hero meathead. These types of physiques cannot be achieved naturally (in the vast majority of cases). Generally, it requires stacking and cycling gear indefinitely on and off to acquire these types of results.

If you are genetically gifted so that you are BOTH extremely lean and extremely muscular, lucky you. If not perhaps you can devote an inordinate amount of time in the gym, 2, 4, 6+ hours a day if you are disciplined enough to stay clean.

If you are doing this to impress women, I'd say it's a waste of time. My weight and physique have been all over the map from very, very wiry lean to noticeably overweight, to moderately muscular and athletic. Currently, I'm overweight by 20 pounds above my "ideal" weight.

It hasn't made one iota of difference in terms of attracting women. I am just as attractive now as when I am at my "ideal" weight. In other words, my "ideal weight" is spread out over such a wide range it really doesn't matter.

You should be lifting weights and/or engaging in weight resistance training (pushups pullups dips etc) anyway because it's healthy and gratifying and improves your overall quality of life and life span. It will not miraculously turn you into a gigolo.
Yeah, I would never try to maintain 5% bodyfat year round, ever. Cutting is already hard enough for me as it is. I can't imagine trying to maintain that physique lol. I'd have to do Alternate Day Fasting the whole year to even stand a chance, more than likely.

It's a mix of both for me. I have a genuine interest in lifting/cardio and stuff like Intermittent Fasting. I really do love it.

And lifting/having a nice body increases my inner game exponentially. So it's a two for one lol.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I would never try to maintain 5% bodyfat year round, ever. Cutting is already hard enough for me as it is. I can't imagine trying to maintain that physique lol.
Bodybuilders also don't maintain that year round. They get there during "contest prep". What you see on stage, is a combination of using insulin, gear, and diuretics under highly supervised timing from coaches. Think.... "Okay you're three hours from stage, you can drink another cup of water".

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bodybuilders also don't maintain that year round. They get there during "contest prep". What you see on stage, is a combination of using insulin, gear, and diuretics under highly supervised timing from coaches. Think.... "Okay you're three hours from stage, you can drink another cup of water".
Sheeeeesh... I just wanna look sexy on the beach... :lol:

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you need to find your sweet spot. I have been in the single digits with body fat...at one point my upper back and legs were at 5 percent. With my shirt off I looked diced.. veins everywhere, abs were popping.... but with a shirt on I looked like a skinny crack head. I got zero attention from females unless it was at a pool or beach. I then bulked back up and went from 185 lbs to 225.... I found for me around 15 percent looks good with a shirt on and also good enough with a shirt off. I also feel much better and can keep my strength.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you need to find your sweet spot. I have been in the single digits with body fat...at one point my upper back and legs were at 5 percent. With my shirt off I looked diced.. veins everywhere, abs were popping.... but with a shirt on I looked like a skinny crack head. I got zero attention from females unless it was at a pool or beach. I then bulked back up and went from 185 lbs to 225.... I found for me around 15 percent looks good with a shirt on and also good enough with a shirt off. I also feel much better and can keep my strength.
That’s the thing. You want to be lean enough to look good when you’re at the pool, and having sex. Just with your shirt off. But you also want to look like you lift in normal clothes. You don’t wanna look like a skinny DYEL :lol:

Also, I don’t believe in that maingaining/gaintaining bullsh*t at all. Not gonna work unless you’re on gear lol. So I’d need to find a range that I can bulk and cut in and still be happy with how I look. Once I get to my goal weight, of course.

Can you see your abs at 15%? How tall are you?

Last edited:

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want a good recommendation to spice up things like chicken and seafood, I highly recommend this.

View attachment 8305
Picked up your seasoning just now man. It’ll be going in my High Protein Mac and Cheese.

It’ll also be going in my Canned Crab. I love that stuff, I can eat it from the can without adding any condiments. Though, I don’t eat it every day.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bumping my own thread here…

I was thinking that I could never drink egg whites on their own, and that I’d end up throwing up if I were to do that lol. But I got linked to this short recipe on Youtube, and it looks pretty appetizing.

Having something like this would be great. Say I drank 4 cups of this chocolate milk a day, that’s already 100 G of protein. That would make hitting my macros damn easy.

I just had all of my wisdom teeth pulled, so this is the perfect time to try this out. I’ll give it a shot, and then report back. I’ll be doing Strawberry Milk tho:

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was thinking that I could never drink egg whites on their own, and that I’d end up throwing up if I were to do that lol.
Try it with the chocolate milk, then after a while you'll realize you're still drinking egg whites. Then re visit drinking them plain and see if it has a psychological effect still. I too thought it would be gag inducing, but it wasn't because I already rationalized that I have been drinking them anyways... Regardless if there was other ingredients added.