Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

first date: hug or handshake?

Nex

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in Brazil. Here, everytime I'm going to greet a girl I know or don't know, I give a hug and kiss on the cheek (or I get the kiss on the cheek). Oh, it's great!

blackjack

Don Juan
Reaction score
World , (not always like a place that sucks). :-)
yup it could be as i said it totally depends on ur region and the culture u have there. In italy guys kiss others on streets.( YUCKK) and if in middle east there is still the 'parda' system there. so it totally depends on u to take one step more than others to make ur self more appealing.

Titus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by JT47319
Buddha fycking Christ, what kind of BULLSHYT AFC HORSE MANURE CRAP IS THIS?!

Listen, if you're having a Day2 (ie date) with a chick, you must think of yourself as having made the cut from NON-FYCKABLE to FYCKABLE. So on your "date", you are not thinking AFC (ie do I kiss on the first date? hug? shake hands?), no, that's thinking from the FYCKING BOTTOM.

You are thinking, is this date going to end up with a FYCK? If not, then a BLYWJOB? A Handjob? A Makeout? A kiss? A hug? etc. etc. etc. That's TOP DOWN thinking.

YOU ARE THE PRIZE AND SHE WANTS YOU. You need to induce and maintain a state of emotional sexuality in her so that she finds YOU desireable and sexual.

You must understand that she is NOT thinking of whether or not to FYCK you, but whether WHEN she is going to fyck you. Tonight or the next date.

THAT'S HOW THE GAME IS PLAYED.
*crosses himself*

JB101

Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't imagine any scenario in which a handshake is acceptable. It's way too formal and it's not at all sexual.

Hugs are so much better. To avoid akward hugs:

Slow down! Gauge her reaction and match her tempo.

It should be an embrace. Hugging a girl and then patting her on the back is a no no. It implies that you aren't too sure of yourself. Make sure to feel her. Make it a warm embrace. Two bodies coming together. Giving her some of your energy. Leaving her happier than she was before.

Tkman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Give her props, "yo hommie touch it touch it dont let me be hanging".

j/k

Date 1 = Hug

Date 2 = Hug + Longgggggg Kiss + Lots of Touching

Date 3 = Bring a condom with you.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whoa! Easy there, cowboy. Everyone knows that in this situation, you're getting way too far ahead of yourself.

A simple wave should be fine. And be careful, you don't want to get too close. Maybe you can stand on the other side of the street and wave at her when traffic clears.

I mean, a handshake involves touching, and that's way too fast for a first date, you wild stallion.

And then hugging? Man, doesn't anyone have any morals anymore? You're liable to get the girl pregnant with those sorts of shenanigans and goings-on.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova
A simple wave should be fine. And be careful, you don't want to get too close. Maybe you can stand on the other side of the street and wave at her when traffic clears.

I mean, a handshake involves touching, and that's way too fast for a first date, you wild stallion.

And then hugging? Man, doesn't anyone have any morals anymore? You're liable to get the girl pregnant with those sorts of shenanigans and goings-on.
A wave? On a first date!? Easy man, remember...You shouldn't even ACKNOWLEDGE her on the first date. I mean, it would be HORRIBLE to show interest, right? Even looking towards her is dangerous since you could be moving too fast.

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova
Whoa! Easy there, cowboy. Everyone knows that in this situation, you're getting way too far ahead of yourself.

Handshakes? Hugs? Waves... DATES!!? What is wrong with you people? Where are your morals and values? Jesus, I like to wait until the fifth date before I even maintain eye contact with a woman... and we are already jumping to handshakes? Hugs? Jesus Christ, the dating scene sure has changed from my day.

And Crazykid... screw all of that not acknowledging stuff... I will do you even one better... I do not even show up for the first date. That sends their interest level through the roof!

*All of the following from your friendly neighborhood moderators, should be taken with a grain of salt... or maybe a margarita*

Yotsuya-san

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Matrix: Reloaded
Handshakes? Hugs? Waves... DATES!!? What is wrong with you people? Where are your morals and values? Jesus, I like to wait until the fifth date before I even maintain eye contact with a woman... and we are already jumping to handshakes? Hugs? Jesus Christ, the dating scene sure has changed from my day.

And Crazykid... screw all of that not acknowledging stuff... I will do you even one better... I do not even show up for the first date. That sends their interest level through the roof!

*All of the following from your friendly neighborhood moderators, should be taken with a grain of salt... or maybe a margarita*

Ohh..so sorry. You're all wrong, wrong, wrong!!!!!. No handshake, no handkiss, no high five, no kiss, no nothin! Here's how you do it. You give them the Vulcan salute!!!
"Live long and Prosper!"

Unbridled_1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this was a legitimate question. We get a few sarcastic replies then everybody piles on with their favorite "AFC" catcalls. I sometimes wonder about this myself, and I don't always do the same thing. Whatever you do, don't hesitate and feel comfortable. If that means skipping the hug and smiling and going about your business then do that.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you've gotten to the point where you're confused as to whether or not a handshake or a hug is a more appropriate way to end a date, you can pretty much assume you wont be having any more dates with this one. If you haven't gotten physically comfortable with each other during the course of the date (i.e. Kino, etc.), you could pick your nose at the end of the date for all the good it would do you.

Reaction score
Give her a hug. Women love hugs. A kiss might be too presumptuous to some women.

You actually should be able to answer your own question since you know the female better than any of us on this site.

It's your world dog, not ours.

Unbridled_1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the poster meant how to GREET her, as in when they meet up, not when the date is over.