Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Firs date - should I next her for this?

bizzym

Banned
Reaction score
So I had a date with this really hot chick. The check comes and she didn’t offer to pay. I’ll admit she did say thank you. She ubered to the restaurant and I offered to take her home, which she took me up on. After I drop her off she texted me and said, “thanks again for the ride

Should I next her for not even offering to pay? She didn’t even do the fake grab at the check.

Igetit!

Reaction score
So I had a date with this really hot chick. The check comes and she didn’t offer to pay. I’ll admit she did say thank you. She ubered to the restaurant and I offered to take her home, which she took me up on. After I drop her off she texted me and said, “thanks again for the ride

Should I next her for not even offering to pay? She didn’t even do the fake grab at the check.

Dude..... is the fact that she didn't offer to pay really THAT BIG of a deal?

I can see it now.......

You're out, hanging with your friends, one of them asked you what you did the night before,and you tell them you had a date with a beautiful woman. You even show them a picture of her, and they all marvel at how pretty she is. You then tell them that you're considering not going out with her again.

They ask why, you tell them it's because she didn't offer to pay for the date when you two were out.

They then look at each other in stunned disbelief.

Just seems so petty and tacky.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Your the man and you asked her out so why the hell would you expect her to pay?
I agree. I always pay for the meal! Even if it's $60. Sometimes you need to beta to get the girl!I was paying up to $60 on dinner dates for first dates from OLD!

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

If you are that cheap that you expect a woman to pay on a first date you don't need to be dating.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

We all have different standards. Personally, I have two. If I'm not picking them up and they are more than five minutes late (on the first date) and there's no text or call, I'll walk slowly to the parking lot and drive slowly away. Once the date as started, I'm not as ridged. My minimum is that they'd better say "thank you."

Unfortunately, most women have been conditioned by former dates that were too weak to set standards (and back them up). The behavior that they arrive with is partly not their fault, but due to too many men making too many concessions.

If she had good manners, seemed to be into you and you like her, I'd suggest giving her another shot.

Glassguy

Reaction score
Just seems so petty and tacky.
It is petty and tacky. In a month he will be talking about how he cant get a date.

If I invite a chick out, I plan on paying. If you are that hard up for money you shouldnt be dating in the first place. Instead you should be spending that time finding a financial purpose and focusing on yourself.

My issue is she didn’t even offer.
But she did thank you. If I am in your seat, I would take that as a trade off. Next time just invite her to your place and you dont have to worry about it.

I always pay for the meal! Even if it's $60. Sometimes you need to beta to get the girl!
Please explain to me how picking up the check is being beta? I lead, she follows. I asked her to join me for dinner, drinks, etc. She shows up. I lead. Do the peasants lead their countries or do the kings lead it?

You dudes will do anything to blow up a first date through mega beta moves and then complain on the one that actually does show up for something petty.

Come on.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t expect her to pay. My issue is she didn’t even offer.
You may be too young to know who George Costanza is, but look him up. Lol.

EDIT ~ it may seem like her offering to pay is a good sign, but that's not necessarily true.

The most important thing is you not overthink this stuff. Be prepared to pay for a first date. You got drinks and apps, that's fine, you should be able to afford it.

If she offers to pay, it could be because she likes you. It could also be because she's not attracted to you and doesn't want to feel like she "owes" you something.

But it's really not worth thinking about, since throughout the date you should be picking up on her cues and doing your own little escalations.

I wouldn't next a girl for not offering to pay any more than I'd next her for using her left hand to raise her drink.

Plus, as I've mentioned before, if you end up FUKKING HER WELL, she will happily pay for plenty.

Last edited:

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Wow so many of you are handing out meals, maybe open a soup kitchen?

To answer your question OP that's stupid petty. If you want to split the bill bring it up. You didn't bring it up and there are so many cucks and pay pigs that she stays quiet, seeing if you're one too.

I always go dutch on the first couple dates and gauge the girl's reaction when I bring it up. If she makes a big stink about it I pass. Doesn't matter that I invited her out, truth is she's a complete stranger and I barely know her. It weeds out all the women trying to mooch and get free meals, and all the broke women that don't have their ducks in a row. Sure you can pick up the tab, but you're setting an expectation for the future with her.

OLD girls usually don't bring up splitting the check. I bring it up and make it clear that I'm only paying for my share. Think about it like this, if she gets upset that you're not paying for the whole thing then that means she ordered something she couldn't comfortably afford, otherwise she wouldn't give a crap about splitting it.

It's also a gauge of interest. If she likes me she wouldn't dare make a big deal about going dutch. And going forward she'll expect a fair even split unless I say otherwise. And you know what? She'll appreciate those times I do buy for us both.

Don't normalize cuck behavior.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it is that big a deal to you then don't go to dinner for a first date. A walk in the park gets you just as much conversation opportunity. Unless your main way of attracting a woman is by exhibiting your excellent table manners, of course...

Mbuckets82

Don Juan
Reaction score
Men always pay on the first. I like paying in general because it exudes a form of confidence onto them. Nothing too expensive just if we ask them out we should pay. Good girls will at least offer. Just like I always walk them to their car. It’s man code.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

GioWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I offered to take her home, which she took me up on. After I drop her off she texted me and said, “thanks again for the ride
Who cares about the check? The real problem here is you failed to escalate. Instead of bringing her home, you should have suggested a change of venue. Some fun activity. It’s kind of like having a second date on the same day and builds comfort. More opportunity to escalate.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
If it is that big a deal to you then don't go to dinner for a first date. A walk in the park gets you just as much conversation opportunity. Unless your main way of attracting a woman is by exhibiting your excellent table manners, of course...
I want to know why he is going to a restaurant on a first date to begin with.