"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

field report. book store pickup with number close!

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2003
Messages
1,962
Reaction score
21
Location
toronto
ok this came naturally to me today I didn't even plan this! :)

I was at the book store and saw nice girl looking the magazines.

She was in my way and I couldn't grab the mag that I wanted.

So I went up to her and said, "hey move it or... i'll body. 'check' you".

As I went to grab the mag, I made sure that the first part the sentance was rather hard sounding and then I took my time on the word "or..." as I reached for the mag. I hen changed my tone to sound funny as I checked her out a bit.. I also made sure that I made eye contact with her and smiled.

she thought this was funny and laughed. then I just started a simple convo with her about the mags. Just when the conversation started to become comfortable, I made sure I didn't linger on and tolder her I had to go. I went to turn around and stoped myself from walking away. then, outwith out thinking about it I said , "hey, sorry for any intrusion, but how about I call you sometime. I might have time to do something fun this week?"

The girl replied with, "oh no.. it's no intrusion. :) and gave me her number" after that I got her name. by saying.. "gee... maybe I should of asked your name first?" she laughed and I left with her name and number.

only problem is I went around the long way as I left and didn't buy the mag. I Just hope she didn't see that. Iput it down somplace else. I didn't want to stand with her in the line up and have to talk to her. I just wanted to get the hell out
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Diggs

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 8, 2004
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Sounds like a good one. Did you call her? How are things going?
 

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2003
Messages
1,962
Reaction score
21
Location
toronto
no i did not call her yet.. .thing is i'm not playing a game either. i too busy with work and other women that i really don't have time for her right now. i'll call her when i feel like it i guess. not sure when but it won't be within the next week.
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Originally posted by 00Kevin
no i did not call her yet.. .thing is i'm not playing a game either. i too busy with work and other women that i really don't have time for her right now. i'll call her when i feel like it i guess. not sure when but it won't be within the next week.
I'm proud of 'ya... ;)
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Top