"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Feel her out

Abcd

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 20, 2002
Messages
254
Reaction score
0
I haven't had to come here in a while because I usually just play the numbers game these days and don't concentrate on any one girl. But this one's an HB9.5 and a cool person, so I think it's worth my time to type for a minute.

I'm a sophomore in college, met this girl last week at the end of a frat/sorority exchange. Got her number, she asks me if I'm too drunk to remember to call her (she's sober), I'm thinking why would you give a ****, you're so hot.

Call her up this Thursday and ask her out for a Saturday night concert. Surprisingly she says she's free and that would be cool. I tell her I'll call her Sat. night for logistics.

Call up tonight, no answer. Call 10 minutes later, leave a message. She calls back 30 min. later, gives me a BS excuse, her roommate has boyfriend troubles so she's got to stay in.

Tells me she's going out with some people Thursday night, "could we do something after? I give her a "ummmm yeah maybe I'll be busy... " she's like "yeah cuz I want to do something with you" not too enthusastically. I'm like "what are you doing on thursday exactly?" It's kindof unclear whether I'm invited out with her and her friends or to go out with her alone afterwards. I'm iffy, maybe I'd be up for something. She says she'll call me Thursday.

Now, almost positive the friend with probs. bit is classic cliched BS to get out of a date. I'm also almost positive that this girl is iffy. Thing is, she's a beautiful engineering major in a kinda ****ty rep. sorority, she could (10% chance) just be shy, not used to hanging out with guys alone. Or something, you know, there's always some crazy explanation for this **** that would be in a movie or whatnot. Anyhow, I get the feeling she's actually going to call me on Thursday, and I get the feeling I'm going to be invited out with her friends, even if she wants to chill with me alone afterwards.

I decline this right? Perhaps just say frankly, "I dunno I don't want to hang out with your friends I want to hang out with you, coffee after?"

How do I play that phone call?
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 6, 2004
Messages
5,657
Reaction score
104
Location
Canada
Honest opinion right?

She used a bad excuse to get out of a date with you. NOT GOOD

She wants you to go out with her friends? bad idea. Never accept a group date because its not really a date, it takes only two to tango.

Quote:
"she could (10% chance) just be shy, not used to hanging out with guys alone. Or something, you know, there's always some crazy explanation for this **** that would be in a movie or whatnot"

hmmm she could also be lying on top of a guy at this very moment, but you see her as a shy innocent angel (don't you know that the quiet and innocent are not so quiet and innocent?)

If she calls, tell her you are buzy, that you have a friend in trouble, when she asks you what trouble , say : she is trying very hard not to lose her virginity and I will be there trying to help her out! maybe all three of us go out together next week, I will give you a call OK?! buh-bye.
 

Abcd

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 20, 2002
Messages
254
Reaction score
0
Yup

Anybody have some real advice on how to take the phone call? I know it's a long shot, just indulge me. I mean I still have to do something, I can't just hang up on her, and there is always some chance no matter how small that she's for real.

I'll be waiting for the replies now, since I got the shaft tonight. But if you want to be taken seriously, please, at least wait until the early AM to rush in your responses :) I want to believe that there's somebody on this board who's cooler than me...
 

Sart

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 14, 2004
Messages
420
Reaction score
0
Age
58
Location
Sydney
i dont agree

I dont know why but I think she is interested personally. Especially when she says she would like to do something with YOU afterwards.

I reckon you should just go along with what she wants and then get her alone afterward, as she promised. Hey, tell me if it works out right? I have a good sixth sense for other people, better than for myself. My gut feel is that she is actually interested dude.
 

Abcd

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 20, 2002
Messages
254
Reaction score
0
Never got much input on this. Anybody want to chip in?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Hoppy

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 7, 2004
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
Age
42
I'd say it's worth persuing if you just want to get layed but i doubt she'd make a good gf.
 

golf299

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 1, 2002
Messages
417
Reaction score
1
Location
STL
the key here is the counter-offer. if she did not want to see you, she would never counter-offer.

i think your plan on how to deal with the phone call is great...just go with it.

proceed as if she's interested until she tells you otherwise.
 

b's nuts

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 31, 2003
Messages
626
Reaction score
1
Age
42
Location
If I was up your ass you'd know
sneak into her room and steal her underwear, and later sell them online (don't forget to check the hamper). I think you should just see what happens and not stress to much on this one chick and look for others.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Top