"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Fear was IT.

Best friends? NAY

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 8, 2003
Messages
279
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Where ever I am
I was getting this chick's number in class today who I met and knew for the hole 1 our period. (We play musical chairs for who sits where in that class). All the sudden I realized even before I was a DJ I would have basically done the same thing AKA how I talked and acted. The thing that was stopping me before was FEAR.

FEAR she would tell all her friends and I would be a laughing stock
FEAR she would just look at me funny then turn around in disgust.
This all comes down to two things FEAR of REJECTION and EMBERESMENT.
So I would sit and hope she would make a move, sit and hope of would could possible happen just IF, just MAYBE. You would get exited and maybe tremble a bit, but that would just make you less confident and have NO chance.

No Longer though do I sit in fear , But in CONFIDENCE knowing she WILL give me her number (almost any girl will….ok maybe not to you weirdoes). :D

That is all I had to say.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Fear |-----------------------| Love

2 points for whoever guessed the reference
 

Heizen

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 7, 2004
Messages
422
Reaction score
0
Location
Vienna, VA
Originally posted by Vincent
Fear |-----------------------| Love

2 points for whoever guessed the reference
Donnie Darko.

I win :D
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Originally posted by Heizen
Donnie Darko.

I win :D
yay for you!

*gives 2 points to heizen*
 
Top