Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Faveorite Beer?

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My favorite beer?

The kind that comes in a bottle.

1. Schlitz
2. Blatz
3. Leinenkugel's
4. New Glarus (any, but the seasonals, like Fat Squirrel, are bomb)
5. LaCrosse
6. Capital Brewery
7. Great Dane Brewery
8. Angelic Brewery
9. - 15. Other Wisconsin beers I missed
16 - 43. Miller and Miller Products
44. Guiness
45. Smithwick's
46. Stella Artois
47. Spaten (and Spaten Optimator, Dopple Spaten, etc.)
48. Haaker Pschorr
49. Sapporo
50. - 10,092. Various imports.
10,093. Budweiser, and Budweiser products
____
End of list

(What can I say, I'm from Wisconsin. Wisconsin beer, thus, trumps any and all others.)

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Oberon Ale
2. Samuel Adams
3. Killian's Irish Red
4. Molson Canadian
5. Guiness

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Sunshine Wheat
2. Blue Moon
3. New Castle
4. Amstel Light
5. Fat Tire

Reaction score
Ricky said:
Milwaukees Best Light- This is my favorite cheap beer. It has more flavor than other domestics. But get the Light not the regular. It is also dirt cheap. Miller makes this and Miller Lite tastes bland compared to it.[.
All beer is cheap!!!! It is only beer kid!!! Milwaukee's Best Light is the "best" when posting on SoSuave - you don't remember what you posted the day before and your posts are always a pleasant surprise, even to you!!!!!!!

foomee

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Keystone Ice ;)

One of the cheapest beers you can find AND it's 5.9% alcohol.
Also one of the strongest beers you can find.

Perfect choice for a college student with low funds and just wants to get drunk :p

banGbro

Banned
Reaction score
Natural Ice
Milwauke's Best Ice
Fosters

No beer for now though

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My current faves:

Gulden Draak Trippel Ale 10.5% ABV if I recall correctly, with a real lot of flavor. Hoppy, heavy, hellacious, and unfortunately, very hard to get.

Motor City Brewing Works Strong Ale They ain't kidding. 10%, also very flavorful, just the right amount of hops for me. Very hard to obtain outside of their own brewery/bar, unfortunately: they rarely bottle it.

Unibroue Maudite Anything I've had by this company kicks ass. This is a relatively sweet strong ale, about 9%. Also strongly (ahem!) recommended is their 9% golden ale La Fin du Monde ("the End of the World"). Very crisp and clean-tasting, that one.

For a dark beer, I recommend Old Rasputin. ("never say die") 8 or 9%, very dark, strong, and tasty.

Fave common beers are Molson Canadian and Beck's Dark.

Last edited:

Slevin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Steinlager

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bonhomme said:
My current faves:

Gulden Draak Trippel Ale 10.5% ABV if I recall correctly, with a real lot of flavor. Hoppy, heavy, hellacious, and unfortunately, very hard to get.

Motor City Brewing Works Strong Ale They ain't kidding. 10%, also very flavorful, just the right amount of hops for me. Very hard to obtain outside of their own brewery/bar, unfortunately: they rarely bottle it.

Unibroue Maudite Anything I've had by this company kicks ass. This is a relatively sweet strong ale, about 9%. Also strongly (ahem!) recommended is their 9% golden ale La Fin du Monde ("the End of the World"). Very crisp and clean-tasting, that one.

For a dark beer, I recommend Old Rasputin. ("never say die") 8 or 9%, very dark, strong, and tasty.

Fave common beers are Molson Canadian and Beck's Dark.
Ever tried Dogfish Head Worldwide Stout? 18% alcohol and it tastes like liquid gold. Seriously, the stuff is absolutely AMAZING.

Tried that Gulden Draak stuff, not bad but a little too alcoholey for me. Rasputin is good too.

Tried Sierra Nevada Bigfoot awhile back and was pleasantly surprised at its level of drinkability for a barley wine.

If you get a chance try Gouden Carolus. It's a nice Belgian ale that will kick your ass. Mmmmm....

More tasty and STRONG Belgians that will rock your world:

St Bernardus
Rochefort 10
Kwak
Chimay Blue
La Binchois

Whatever you do, DO NOT introduce your chick to the Belgian lambics. Not if you are buying, that is. The stuff is awesome (it's made by spontaneous fermentation with wild yeasts from the air...it can only be made in specific regions) but it's one of the most expensive beers I have found. Get your chick hooked on this stuff and it will drain your wallet FAST.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, STR8UP :up:

... especially the one about the Belgian Lambics ... though gals usually buy me more drinks than the other way around...

Lots of great beer from Belgium, eh? Oughta take a vacation there to hit the breweries, but not until after hitting the rest of Europe first ... wouldn't want to be too drunk to miss it.

I haven't had the Dogfish Head Worldwide Stout, but I have experienced their 20% ABV 120 Minute IPA. Pretty awesome (and expensive, ~ $8 per bottle, if I recall correctly), and most amazing of all, it actually tastes like beer, unlike a lot of brews that are so strong. Dogfish Head is another first rate brewery.

Scumfrog

Don Juan
Reaction score
(In no particular order)
Guinness
Kilkenny
Double Bastard
Duvel
Creemore

:rockon:

p.s. I brew my own beer as well... next batch will be a dark red ale :whistle:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I generally prefer hard liquor to beer. Beer is good though.

My overall favorite beer comes from a local brewery in my area. I can either get it at the brewery itself or in some local liquor stores.

In terms of mass produced beer brands, I like Pacifico and Budweiser a decent amount.

5. Miller Genuine Draft
I do find it interesting that 2 posters mentioned Miller Genuine Draft. Miller Genuine Draft is a decent beer. It's not marketed much. Even back in 2007, it wasn't marketed much. Miller put a lot of advertising dollars into it in the 1990s and just stopped advertising it in the 2000s from what I remember. It's not the only beer that Miller doesn't advertise much. High Life is the same way. The only Miller brand advertised now is Miller Lite.

Travel memoir21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I generally prefer hard liquor to beer. Beer is good though.

My overall favorite beer comes from a local brewery in my area. I can either get it at the brewery itself or in some local liquor stores.

In terms of mass produced beer brands, I like Pacifico and Budweiser a decent amount.

I do find it interesting that 2 posters mentioned Miller Genuine Draft. Miller Genuine Draft is a decent beer. It's not marketed much. Even back in 2007, it wasn't marketed much. Miller put a lot of advertising dollars into it in the 1990s and just stopped advertising it in the 2000s from what I remember. It's not the only beer that Miller doesn't advertise much. High Life is the same way. The only Miller brand advertised now is Miller Lite.

Corona, Heineken. I like a Budlight Chilada at the gas stations.

mikedee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you get a chance try Gouden Carolus. It's a nice Belgian ale that will kick your ass. Mmmmm....

More tasty and STRONG Belgians that will rock your world:

St Bernardus
Rochefort 10
Kwak
Chimay Blue
La Binchois
Tripel Karmeliet
Duvel
Westmalle Tripel
Delirium Tremens

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Just wondering what is everyone's top 5 faveorite beers?

My top 5 would have to be:
1. Heineken
2. Corona Extra
3. Coors Light
4. Guinness Draught
5. Miller Genuine Draft
I took one sip of Heineken, spit it out and never drank it again. The most disgusting thing I have ever tasted.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sam Adams has changed their formula for Boston lager. Now it tastes Iike a half flat imitation. I think Sierra Nevada pale ale sucks now, too. These used to be my two favorite beers.