Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fasting

Vantagepoint34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
keep going strong. Science of fast is awesome too how the grehlin builds up and until next day you don't feel hunger. What's your longterm goal?

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you follow keto diet or carb restriction? Ketosis and fasting seem to overlap a little in my mind.
They do overlap bc your body does go into somewhat of a catabolic state i.e. breaking down protein. All keto does is mimic the effects of fasting, that’s why it works so well. It doesn’t have all the benefits of fasting, but it does have some. People don’t fast as much though simply because they have a weak will and can’t deal with hunger. Fasting cures pretty much every disease there is, it’s just that you can’t exactly not eat forever lol.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They do overlap bc your body does go into somewhat of a catabolic state i.e. breaking down protein. All keto does is mimic the effects of fasting, that’s why it works so well. It doesn’t have all the benefits of fasting, but it does have some. People don’t fast as much though simply because they have a weak will and can’t deal with hunger. Fasting cures pretty much every disease there is, it’s just that you can’t exactly not eat forever lol.
The best nonfiction book I have ever read was A Union Officer's Diary at Andersonville. The author was a pow of the south during the civil war at a prison that was a death camp. He wrote that hunger was very temporary, and only experienced the first day or two, even for people who eventually starved to death.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best nonfiction book I have ever read was A Union Officer's Diary at Andersonville. The author was a pow of the south during the civil war at a prison that was a death camp. He wrote that hunger was very temporary, and only experienced the first day or two, even for people who eventually starved to death.
Yup. But then afterwards you start to become apathetic and things thatont normally look tasty start to look tasty. I know several former POWs who together at the same place, 1 of them really well. He said that they’d eat bugs and maggots and stuff like that. There was one particular jailer who was wspecially cruel and was fat too. They were thinking at one point of grabbing him and killing him to eat. They never actually did because then suddenly the jailer brought some food for them. But yeah. Crazy stuff.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
I started today with a 19:5 as my goal. Saw a dramatic pic on a social media page and she revealed she did this....with a 36 hour fast once a month.

The pics were only 5 months apart but two totally different people!
No extra/change in exercise and no special way of eating in her open window.

I'm copycatting.
I closed my window at 1:30pm today and I'm hungry, lol. that's only 6 hours, yikes.
They recommend committing for 6 months.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
16 hour fast. Not doing **** and my abs are popping.

Spring is coming fellas. Give it a go. I started intermittent fasting. It compounded with lifting and hitt training.

8 hours of food window. 16 hour fast.
Make it about 2-3 days. All that glycogen and carbs will burn off releasing surface water which smooths you. Then add a little carbs and protein. Anytime you feel like you have too much bullshyt in you, throw a few fast days in occasionally. It builds will power.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
48-72 hours?!!! yes Sir, that is willpower
After you do it, it's not a big deal. Throwing in a single 24 hrs fast day a few times a month helps you stay in control of your self. Do it out of will power. The longest was 21 days.

It teaches you that a lot of your "hunger" was fake ( usually thirst ) and that you have food addictions. Theres something that triggers you and you want to eat this certain item... That's not you being in control...

Last edited:

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
After you do it, it's not a big deal. Throwing in a single 24 hrs fast day a few times a day helps you stay in control of your self. Do it out of will power. The longest was 21 days.

It teaches you that a lot of your "hunger" was fake ( usually thirst ) and that you have food addictions. Theres something that triggers you and you want to eat this certain item... That's not you being in control...
I am strong and will succeed-I'm freaking sick of carrying around a good 50% more in body mass than I'm comfortable with.

I'm so grateful I have frame from the confidence learning skills and giving up tv over 20 years ago.
Grateful my self-proprioception is still that of the person I was14 years ago. I don't recognise myself in photos, but in the mirror I still see fit, strong me, so my selfesteem has stayed relatively high.

I'm capable of achieving anything I set my mind to and I deserve to reset my food craving brain and take back the controls.

Rescheduled the dietitian appt. that was tomorrow because I want to avoid hospitals like where I meet her; I'd like to have her shocked by the changes I can affect in my habits. There's nothing like the validation by another woman and she's in a career I once strived to be. I was in a cook apprenticeship(unfinished Red Seal yet) and planned to study at uni at night for free to become a Registered Dietitian(free tuition employee benefit by working fulltime in the university kitchen as the apprentice)

Regret dropping the ball on that one. That was a 2 year work + 1/2 year chef school aberration in 2003 and 2009 from all the working with steel.

Steel pays better though.

I actually whined and complained like a little p@$$y about how hard my 1 day fast was to her at the last appointment. I'm ashamed. I can get her attention and validation next appt., with my fasting successes, that will drive me to keep succeeding. Health care team members are there to be used for attention and validation. My private opinion.

She did approve of intermittent fasting and so has my regular doctor so what's stopping me?

I'm writing a lot. I should go journal write, lol

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am strong and will succeed-I'm freaking sick of carrying around a good 50% more in body mass than I'm comfortable with.

I'm so grateful I have frame from the confidence learning skills and giving up tv over 20 years ago.
Grateful my self-proprioception is still that of the person I was14 years ago. I don't recognise myself in photos, but in the mirror I still see fit, strong me, so my selfesteem has stayed relatively high.

I'm capable of achieving anything I set my mind to and I deserve to reset my food craving brain and take back the controls.

Rescheduled the dietitian appt. that was tomorrow because I want to avoid hospitals like where I meet her; I'd like to have her shocked by the changes I can affect in my habits. There's nothing like the validation by another woman and she's in a career I once strived to be. I was in a cook apprenticeship(unfinished Red Seal yet) and planned to study at uni at night for free to become a Registered Dietitian(free tuition employee benefit by working fulltime in the university kitchen as the apprentice)

Regret dropping the ball on that one. That was a 2 year work + 1/2 year chef school aberration in 2003 and 2009 from all the working with steel.

Steel pays better though.

I actually whined and complained like a little p@$$y about how hard my 1 day fast was to her at the last appointment. I'm ashamed. I can get her attention and validation next appt., with my fasting successes, that will drive me to keep succeeding. Health care team members are there to be used for attention and validation. My private opinion.

She did approve of intermittent fasting and so has my regular doctor so what's stopping me?

I'm writing a lot. I should go journal write, lol
Sometimes we cant talk. Your in a place right now where you should get your stuff done. But you probably have pressure on yourself so it makes sense NOT to talk.

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Spring is coming fellas. Give it a go. I started intermittent fasting. It compounded with lifting and hitt training.

Keep up the good work !

I started the Master Cleanse about 3wks ago, hit the elliptical 15m, then 30m daily, Basic weights. Have shed 25lbs now.

Feels so good !

I’m gonna transition into what you are doing plus do a combo of paleo/keto for food choice.

Dropping weight is the reliable way to turn back the age clock. So I’ve now ‘youthed’ 4yrs.

What’s your hit program? How are you hitting your abs?

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I started today with a 19:5 as my goal. Saw a dramatic pic on a social media page and she revealed she did this....with a 36 hour fast once a month.

The pics were only 5 months apart but two totally different people!
No extra/change in exercise and no special way of eating in her open window.

I'm copycatting.
I closed my window at 1:30pm today and I'm hungry, lol. that's only 6 hours, yikes.
They recommend committing for 6 months.
Keto food choices support the intermitting fasting.

Also, get some pysillium husks from Trader Joe’s. It’s more a bulking agent and will fill your belly to relieve some of the hunger pains. It has the added benefit of supporting detox if you go that route.

On another note;
I picked up Deepak’Chopra’s ‘What are you hungry for?’

One of the passages is about when we were babies we used crying as a way to get fed when we were hungry. That neuro pathway still exists and it also works in reverse. When we are sad, we eat to satisfy the sadness.

It goes deeper in so many ways,
Highly recommend it.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
Sometimes we cant talk. Your in a place right now where you should get your stuff done. But you probably have pressure on yourself so it makes sense NOT to talk.
I keep rereading this.

Makes sense and it fits but its covert communication. I'm used to overt because of working with all men.
You helped me, thanks, I think I got your meaning.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
Keto food choices support the intermitting fasting.

Also, get some pysillium husks from Trader Joe’s. It’s more a bulking agent and will fill your belly to relieve some of the hunger pains. It has the added benefit of supporting detox if you go that route.

On another note;
I picked up Deepak’Chopra’s ‘What are you hungry for?’

One of the passages is about when we were babies we used crying as a way to get fed when we were hungry. That neuro pathway still exists and it also works in reverse. When we are sad, we eat to satisfy the sadness.

It goes deeper in so many ways,
Highly recommend it.
I actually haven't read him yet. Shakti Gwain(sp?) recommended him a long, long time ago....thanks, I'll see if there's his audiobooks on youtube
The equivalent to Trader Joe's is probably like Dad's Organic. But I actually forgot I had some here with my other unique ingredients-the powder form psyllium for wheat-free, grainfree baking. I wonder if I could straightup take it in a glass of water?

Thank you for helping me, as well.
My appetite finally started decreasing this morning, coincidentally. I only felt like eating half my breakfast.
That 'eating mindfully' book I read on Friday finally sunk in or that biological condition that eating wheat causes has finally subsided....its in the 'wheat belly' and 'grain brain' series of books.

In pain right now at hour 10.5

I have a high tolerance for pain, fortunately.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I keep rereading this.

Makes sense and it fits but its covert communication. I'm used to overt because of working with all men.
You helped me, thanks, I think I got your meaning.
It happened to m3. Wish i didn't talk. Sometimes we are extremely focused. We have alot of steam. But if we speak Itll be speaking our mind and thoughts which wont go well with others. Plus you may broadcast your intentions and the world normally tries to stall or block or progress. So its better to say nothing. If your disciplined enough to stay on a single subject you can talk about the local weather or sports. Just dont give them your mind. It's easier to say nothing.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
It happened to m3. Wish i didn't talk. Sometimes we are extremely focused. We have alot of steam. But if we speak Itll be speaking our mind and thoughts which wont go well with others. Plus you may broadcast your intentions and the world normally tries to stall or block or progress. So its better to say nothing. If your disciplined enough to stay on a single subject you can talk about the local weather or sports. Just dont give them your mind. It's easier to say nothing.
I got it. Your full meaning. Sorry it took over a day.
Hey thanks, I appreciate it, I won't forget you reminding me to selftrigger on my current state.

I take responsibility for the quality of my life and the persona I present and I will continue to work on improving and improving.
Sorry for the lack of judgement in sharing too much on this forum. I beg your pardon to all members here.
I'm grateful, this is a privilege to learn here.

Weather:
It has been sunnier out lately but with some wind gusts every day. There are signs of the seasonal change in birds and critters but not every critter, I notice.

Fasting:
Heading into day 3 of 18:6 fasting. My midsection is tighter. I get fuller, faster when I do eat. Fascinating stuff. Will keep on, keeping on.

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score

i generally eat once a day so thats about 23h fasting all the time

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep up the good work !

I started the Master Cleanse about 3wks ago, hit the elliptical 15m, then 30m daily, Basic weights. Have shed 25lbs now.

Feels so good !

I’m gonna transition into what you are doing plus do a combo of paleo/keto for food choice.

Dropping weight is the reliable way to turn back the age clock. So I’ve now ‘youthed’ 4yrs.

What’s your hit program? How are you hitting your abs?
I am shred. I haven't been this lean six pack since my. Mid twenties.

Diet is immaculate.Max fast was 20hrs.

I will do a full day fast eventually. it is hard to lift on fast. 20hrs in on chest day was garbage.

my HIIT training - 10× sprint full boar.

I mix in jogging a few miles. I skip. I do plyometrics.

as for abs, they're made in the kitchen not the gym. yes, engage it. I do cable crunches. I do hanging knee raises and length raises. I do ball crunches. more reps + volume.

atm, I am going through a 5x5 strength training program. the ideal is strength 75-85% of max. I am now swapping into calisthenics. it is a nice change of pace and nice rest on the joints.

pickup Dr E Braverman book, younger thinner you diet. use herbs and spices to spike AcH dopamine gaba serotonin plus it helps promote weight loss.