Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fasting and fat loss

deadmasterx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm thinking about trying a fasting routine and, after that, trying some intermittent fasting.
I'm 1.86m/105kg and I got a decent amout of muscular mass, but fat really annoys me. I honestly ain't worried about losing part of my muscles because I can build them pretty easily, the main matter is that fat that I've been trying to get rid of for years (apparently, I'm an endomorph).
To begin with, I was thinking about keeping the intermittent fasting through the week and fast during weekends (idk if I should start at friday or saturday yet). I'll be eating at night in a maximum of 5 hours window.
That's gonna truly be a challenge for me because I haven't taking dieting too serious all these years, and going extreme like this is surely gonna be really hard for me but I'm truly willing to do it. No more belly fat, I hate to see that crap when I look myself in the mirror and it's truly my insecurity.
Do you guys have any tips to help me out? Especially when it comes to the fasting part, since I'm not used with staying more than 12h without food.
I'm also thinking about sharing the results later in this very thread, and update every 2 weeks.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm thinking about trying a fasting routine and, after that, trying some intermittent fasting.
I'm 1.86m/105kg and I got a decent amout of muscular mass, but fat really annoys me. I honestly ain't worried about losing part of my muscles because I can build them pretty easily, the main matter is that fat that I've been trying to get rid of for years (apparently, I'm an endomorph).
To begin with, I was thinking about keeping the intermittent fasting through the week and fast during weekends (idk if I should start at friday or saturday yet). I'll be eating at night in a maximum of 5 hours window.
That's gonna truly be a challenge for me because I haven't taking dieting too serious all these years, and going extreme like this is surely gonna be really hard for me but I'm truly willing to do it. No more belly fat, I hate to see that crap when I look myself in the mirror and it's truly my insecurity.
Do you guys have any tips to help me out? Especially when it comes to the fasting part, since I'm not used with staying more than 12h without food.
I'm also thinking about sharing the results later in this very thread, and update every 2 weeks.
You literally have to beat that fats azz with a combo of diet and cardio. For me what worked was:

1. Low carbs, while i'm shredding carbs under 100g for the entire day it's all counted
2. at least 30 mins of cardio for the day.
3. time. If you never been shredded theres "old" fat on you and it's resistant, so it will take twice as long as you think.

Just keep going and plugging and chugging away.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have a look at mine. Same forum.

Pro tip: don't complicate it.

Pick your Window. Stick to it. Mines 16:8. 8hr eat window. My abs are popping. Solid 6pack. I lift the same. I run 3x.

By summer its 8pack. I have switched onto 2 meals a day in 8hr window. Eventually I will swap to OMAD + day fasts.

Aesthetic wise, I have not looked this good since 24 in terms of lean. I have not been this deezed ever. I have contemplated keto, piss strips or OMAD. I have opted for OMAD but I have eased my way in. 16 fast is base line. OMAD is solid.

Read 16:8 by Jamie Rose i believe.

Again, don't complicate it. Its all cals in cals out.

If you eat donuts and practice body positivity, you won't get far. Weigh in once a week same time and during the fast period following sleep.

Good luck. Lift still brah.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I started 16:8 a couple of weeks ago. I had gained around 5-6 pounds on lockdown (doing stupid home exercises). After a couple of days of fasting I lost about 2-3 pounds. Second week-plus, I've only lost one more. I've been slowly introducing more exercise (can't wait to get back to real weightlifting).

Only thing was this morning I did a light/moderate workout while still in my fast window. Jumping jacks, pushups, situps, and squats repeated for 20-25 minutes. Sounds like nothing, right? After the workout I felt nauseated. Dizzy, sweating, had to lie down and I passed out for maybe 20 minutes. I can't remember the last time a workout made me feel that nasty.

This makes me not want to lift, when the time comes, during the fast. Have you guys done that? I used to have a protein shake before going. I don't want to pass out at the gym, lol.

I will say, despite the numbers, I look and feel lighter, mostly because I'm not eating/drinking late at night.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
I started 16:8 a couple of weeks ago. I had gained around 5-6 pounds on lockdown (doing stupid home exercises). After a couple of days of fasting I lost about 2-3 pounds. Second week-plus, I've only lost one more. I've been slowly introducing more exercise (can't wait to get back to real weightlifting).

Only thing was this morning I did a light/moderate workout while still in my fast window. Jumping jacks, pushups, situps, and squats repeated for 20-25 minutes. Sounds like nothing, right? After the workout I felt nauseated. Dizzy, sweating, had to lie down and I passed out for maybe 20 minutes. I can't remember the last time a workout made me feel that nasty.

This makes me not want to lift, when the time comes, during the fast. Have you guys done that? I used to have a protein shake before going. I don't want to pass out at the gym, lol.

I will say, despite the numbers, I look and feel lighter, mostly because I'm not eating/drinking late at night.
try that snake juice mentioned in another thread a couple months ago(basically electrolyte water you make yourself) search on youtube

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
try that snake juice mentioned in another thread a couple months ago(basically electrolyte water you make yourself) search on youtube
Snake oil? :rofl:

J/k, so like less sugary/chemicaly gatorade....will take a look.

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Isn't fasting working simply working because you're consuming less calories?

Would one get the same effect if he ate the same amount of calories as if he were on 16:8.

Is someone going to lose muscle mass on a fast like this?

Thanks

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Would one get the same effect if he ate the same amount of calories as if he were on 16:8.

Thanks
You lose less muscle mass than you would expect, the body will start eating out of it's fat stores. It's caloric requirements being satisfied mostly from body fat.

The muscles will appear "flat" and less pumped after you get into ketosis, because all the glycogen has been burned.

They will look more "full" after you start eating again.

A very short fast of one to two days can be used to counteract a week or two of bad eating, and it will give you mental clarity.

After the fast, you can add back in proper eating. Thus the fast can be used as sort of a "reset" into new habits.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You lose less muscle mass than you would expect, the body will start eating out of it's fat stores. It's caloric requirements being satisfied mostly from body fat.

The muscles will appear "flat" and less pumped after you get into ketosis, because all the glycogen has been burned.

They will look more "full" after you start eating again.

A very short fast of one to two days can be used to counteract a week or two of bad eating, and it will give you mental clarity.

After the fast, you can add back in proper eating. Thus the fast can be used as sort of a "reset" into new habits.
1 day of fasting on a 200-250 lbs guy will lose around 3/4 lb of fat without any additional excersize. It's great for cleaning the system out ( detox ), and for adding to your discipline and will power.

xplt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Thanks
It's not simple as that. If you want to build muscles, you have to eat your calories within your two meals - so same intake over less meals.

Some studies have shown, that fasting vs. eating multiple meals per day, boosts your T levels. So it's easier to build muscles and the more you have, the more fat you will burn.
Another one showed, that fasting increased cortisol which led to a drop in T levels.
Has anyone insight in that fasting and testosterone subject?

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get the topic. I am very sure, that if we want to have less fat and pop the abs, just run and run hard, a lot. no jogging. It will happen and at the same time muscle will develop and stamina... I am so sure it works... I have others around me, that I have convinced and it works for them also. it is just very hard to do, takes an iron will. might be easier ways, but this is the shortcut.

I know this guy that was bigger and jogging all the time with plastic bags and fasting.. I told him, run, run.. he finally did it. amazing results.

Zontyy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been doing 5 day fasts, while jogging and walking. In fact today is the start of my next 5 day fast. So far I went from 250lbs down to 237lbs and have lost no muscle mass. I got a DEXA scan done before and after a few of these 5 day fasts because I was worried I would lose muscle. Apparently though your body floods you with HGH to hold onto your muscle mass. So far I've had pretty good results. I'm trying get down to 199lbs which will leave me at 16% bodyfat.

The longest fast I did was 34 days but that was after a breakup and before a international trip. Fasting is great for your mood and losing weight, plenty of other benefits. Downside is you can't build muscle while fasting.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been doing 5 day fasts, while jogging and walking. In fact today is the start of my next 5 day fast. So far I went from 250lbs down to 237lbs and have lost no muscle mass. I got a DEXA scan done before and after a few of these 5 day fasts because I was worried I would lose muscle. Apparently though your body floods you with HGH to hold onto your muscle mass. So far I've had pretty good results. I'm trying get down to 199lbs which will leave me at 16% bodyfat.

The longest fast I did was 34 days but that was after a breakup and before a international trip. Fasting is great for your mood and losing weight, plenty of other benefits. Downside is you can't build muscle while fasting.
It's true on the HGH, that's that "rush" feeling after about day 2. I wouldn't say my energy is higher than when I consume awesome carb sources of energy such as oats and some fruit. But you can tell your body is doing something. Fat gets ripped off relatively quickily.

How much daily jogging and walking did you do in your spiritual 5 day fast? That jog would kick up the metabolism and force the body to rip harder from the fat stores.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get the topic. I am very sure, that if we want to have less fat and pop the abs, just run and run hard, a lot. no jogging. It will happen and at the same time muscle will develop and stamina... I am so sure it works... I have others around me, that I have convinced and it works for them also. it is just very hard to do, takes an iron will. might be easier ways, but this is the shortcut.

I know this guy that was bigger and jogging all the time with plastic bags and fasting.. I told him, run, run.. he finally did it. amazing results.
So you all are saying real SPRINTS actually make the muscles especially the abs "pop" out more?

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So you all are saying real SPRINTS actually make the muscles especially the abs "pop" out more?
yes, it is a way to burn fat that is very effective. lowering fat will allow any muscle to show more. the sprints are very intense. it is possible to quickly get to a position of burning more energy than eating. it is also really cheap, no need for much equipment. when running really hard, the entire trunk can be worked also.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yes, it is a way to burn fat that is very effective. lowering fat will allow any muscle to show more. the sprints are very intense. it is possible to quickly get to a position of burning more energy than eating. it is also really cheap, no need for much equipment. when running really hard, the entire trunk can be worked also.
Makes ****ing sense. Walking burns cals but doesn't rev metabolism that much. Jogging and fast elliptical burns more and revs metabolism up more. Sprints must raise it as high as Itll go. And activates "beast mode" in the body. ( made that up but you know what i mean )

Zontyy

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's true on the HGH, that's that "rush" feeling after about day 2. I wouldn't say my energy is higher than when I consume awesome carb sources of energy such as oats and some fruit. But you can tell your body is doing something. Fat gets ripped off relatively quickily.

How much daily jogging and walking did you do in your spiritual 5 day fast? That jog would kick up the metabolism and force the body to rip harder from the fat stores.
Nothing really spiritual about it, just want to lose weight and the gyms are still closed where I live because of covid. Don't get me wrong I'm a pretty spiritual person, there always a constant battle right now between a women's affections and sin going on in my head but that is a whole another topic. I try and succeed on most days to wake up early before work and do 3 miles. It's not much but it gets the body going for the day. I walk/sprint to keep my heart rate up.

sosumba

Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, are you talking about complete day fasts like not eating att all for 5 days or are you talking about eating once a day for 5 days a week?