Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fasting and fat loss

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You were never meant to do heavy lifting Or strenuous excercise without nutrients. That’s why the ancients loaded up on food if they knew they had to work. The food you eat has to be burned by your activities. Another meal at the end of the day is for you to restore yourself. So one to load up, And another to restore. When there is a perfect “sync”, you will know how much food you actually need. And you will automatically drop to your boxing weight class.

Given that, I usually skip breakfast and eat lunch. Then I eat dinner 8 hours later to restore. Then 16 hours of no food til lunch the next day. This has given me the most energy/weight lost.

Honestly I don’t even feel like I’m doing 16/8 because I’ve done it since I was a kid before I even heard of fasting. I just knew that breakfast made me bloated and nauseas. And I love the feeling of your stomach metabolizing and getting rid of toxins. Somehow I always knew the perfect time to eat was lunch and dinner.

I recommend morning yoga/stretching. Help your body detox during your morning fast. And workout before dinner. You will wake up the next day surprised at your fat shrinkage.
Thanks man. Actually I've been having great workouts and getting good results lifting or running during the fast. I think that time I got dizzy was just an aberration from being out of shape after confinement. I don't really like breakfast so I'm not missing anything, and I have plenty of fat to burn off for now. It's helped me focus. I only ever had smoothies before, so not much difference.

Matthew42979

Reaction score
Staying hydrated and keeping your fasting period short can be effective for your health in good way. I also do daily meditation to keep my mind relaxed and focus on daily tasks.

7onriverI f

Banned
Reaction score
I'm doing fasting from 6pm to 12pm the next day. Eat 3 meals a day.

12pm
3pm
6pm

Sleep at 8pm, wake up at 4am.

I drink a 1-2 green teas and a black coffee or two during the fasting hours. About 3 litres of water a day. Around 1500 calories a day and keto. 30g of carbs a day. 120g protein. 100g of fat. 1 hour of walking a day, 5 mins every hour over 12 hours. 3 sets of pushups and pullups 3 times a week. bodyweight squats and crunches 3 sets 3 times a week.

Only doing this until I lose 25 kg. Then slowly introduce good carbs and fruits again for maintenance and health.
Looking at getting there in 6 months. Might be less. Getting there in 4 months just in time for new years will be good.

Last edited:

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally, I decided to try out the keto diet late in 2018; unfortunately, because of possible genetic factors, the diet itself or otherwise, my Gall Bladder gave out very early into the diet and once it gave out, I would have Gall Bladder Attacks anytime I ate a food with fat in it... Ironically, the only type of food that I could eat that would not trigger an attack, was carb heavy food. So from time of first attack to operation was just under a year, definitely the most brutal year of my life diet wise, if you choose to do Keto, do it smart.

Now, I am back on Keto, without a Gall Bladder so I am very restricted in what my body can process; from what I understand, the liver has to work extra hard to break down fats without a Gall Bladder, so its been salad, meat, eggs and thats it, still managing to maintain a deficit while in Ketosis, avoiding carbs and fats as much as I can to an extent, supplementing with rasperry keytones daily since I just can't get the fats in.

So basically, I have lived carb heavy for a year and lived on a very modifided keto on and off for about a year, I say on and off because I am pacing my liver, give it some time off, definitely dont want it failing lol.

I ballooned up while on carbs, real bad, I never weighed myself but I had to be at least 280, I plan on hitting 180 in 3 months.

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm doing fasting from 6pm to 12pm the next day. Eat 3 meals a day.

12pm
3pm
6pm

Sleep at 8pm, wake up at 4am.

I drink a 1-2 green teas and a black coffee or two during the fasting hours. About 3 litres of water a day. Around 1500 calories a day and keto. 30g of carbs a day. 120g protein. 100g of fat. 1 hour of walking a day, 5 mins every hour over 12 hours. 3 sets of pushups and pullups 3 times a week. bodyweight squats and crunches 3 sets 3 times a week.

Only doing this until I lose 25 kg. Then slowly introduce good carbs and fruits again for maintenance and health.
Looking at getting there in 6 months. Might be less. Getting there in 4 months just in time for new years will be good.
Hey man, i had to react to this because what you're doing is not healthy. Your intake is 1500 calories per day AND you work out which puts your deficit way over 1000 calories per day compared to recommended normal intake for a man (2500). Meaning your weight loss will be unhealthy for your body. About 500 calories per day, meaning 3500/week (or 0.5 kg) is a recommended pace. You want to lose mostly fat and not too much muscles. When you exceed 500/day, your body is using fuel by breaking down (more) muscles.
Fasting is also really not fasting when drinking tea and/or coffee. Coffee is a great filler and your feelings of hunger disappears but it will break the fast even though it's without milk and sugar. Try to stay off it and drink it during your "eating window" instead, if you can. This is nitpicky and you will still see positive benefits but if you want to do the real fast and give your cells truly the time to regenerate, try to cut it out. Good luck.