Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Famous Youtuber Wheat Waffle's makes an Anti-Cold Approaching Video

momentomori

Don Juan
Reaction score
In non-bar approaching, it would be possible to spam approach in a Top 20-25 metro area in the USA. It wouldn't be possible in every neighborhood, but there's a spot in each of these areas where someone could spam approach. I wouldn't recommend it without having thick enough skin. I don't have thick enough skin for that.
Osaka is really incomparable to anything in the U.S except maybe New York. I live in a Top 3 city in terms of population in the U.S. and it's nothing compared to the volume you would encounter in Tokyo or Osaka. Also, the logistics are great there (e.g., On time trains, extensive public transit, apartments for cheap near metro stations, etc.).

Length of interaction isn't all that important if you're getting the dates. You need interactions to go at least 30 seconds. You can probably get digits in 2 minutes, but there's a good chance it is a flake job. The ideal interaction is between 5-15 minutes, you discuss a date idea and set plans in person, and only get digits after setting concrete plans. Even though interactions can lead to flake jobs too.
I agree, I try to keep my interactions around 30 seconds to five minutes long on the cold-approach, any longer then I just feel like I wasted my time if/when she ghosts. I almost always screen for the insta-date as well.

That's problematic. Right now, I have friends. They are not dorks, aspie tech, etc. They are normal men. The biggest problem with my friends is that they are all in LTRs and married. Some are starting to have kids. None of my friends now are in a similar place in life as I am. Many friends were at some point in the past, but that time has long since passed. Even when my friends and I were in similar spots, I received 0 arranged dates as a result of my primary friend group. Often times, my friends and I were competing for many of the same females that were in the orbit of the social sphere.
Yeah, it is problematic. It's extremely difficult to try to make friends as a guy, as most guys just think you're a gay trying to hit on them if you ask them to hang out. To a degree its the same thing with my friends. They are in relationships and just not down to do the same things.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To a degree its the same thing with my friends. They are in relationships and just not down to do the same things.
You do have male friends and that's good.

It's extremely difficult to try to make friends as a guy, as most guys just think you're a gay trying to hit on them if you ask them to hang out.
A lot of male friendships are activity based. It's good to find an activity that you and another guy have in common. Fishing is a good activity. If you ask a guy to go fishing with you, I can't imagine any other guy interpreting that as a homosexual gesture.

I almost always screen for the insta-date as well.
If you can make an instantaneous date happen from a non-bar approach, that's amazing. That's been quite rare for me in non-bar approaching.

momentomori

Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of male friendships are activity based. It's good to find an activity that you and another guy have in common. Fishing is a good activity. If you ask a guy to go fishing with you, I can't imagine any other guy interpreting that as a homosexual gesture.
Yeah. I've usually looked into sports mostly. These days I just don't feel like doing an intense sport just to hang out with people though, plus I'm exhausted from lifting. I also tried hiking meetups but was pretty disappointed with the demographic that actually showed up (old women). Fishing sounds pretty cool though.

If you can make an instantaneous date happen from a non-bar approach, that's amazing. That's been quite rare for me in non-bar approaching.
Yeah, I've had this happen a decent amount of times. Usually, it's just a quick coffee. Nothing usually materializes from this and they usually ghost though. Some have managed to come out on a second date.

Reaction score
I say still approach. I don't give a crap what others think of others or being left on hold when you have a plethora of women to go through on your phone. You are so preoccupied you don't even think of being left on hold. You keep going! Go through all 2 Billion women if you can, f*** it! Pregnate all them h***! Keep in mind there is no such thing as the ONE guys and know once you get with them. They might not have the type of @$$, pu$$y, tits, or face you want. They might have one but not the rest. You have to go for them all and have your different food all the time. Just tell them what's happening if they ask. If they don't like it. Move on. Simple. Most of the time women don't even ask and I noticed that the ones that do and you tell them you are spinning plates to find the quote on quote right "one". They still stick because they find you valuable and they think they are the ONE. They like knowing when they ask. Don't ever lie to a woman, stand up and be proud of you getting to be you! If you decide to settle one. Maybe in the future. I would definitely rather be with a woman I can put through my trials to know that hey she stuck it out. Okay, im old as crap, I want you for my older years. That still does not prevent a chad trying to come up and sweep her off her feet though. Know that the ONE perfect one does not exist.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Blackpillers...I am going to let them spread their poison and get more men out of game and out of approaching. Way too many spam approachers here in Miami meaning others have to pick their game up and be even more smooth if they want to score.

I appreciate the black pill for existing, it is taking men out of the market and clearing way for the men with strong mindsets to go in and grab a bigger share.
There's aren't enough blackpillers and MGTOWs out there to make a meaningful difference in the marketplace. The surplus of males is ridiculously bad.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, you can't be over here gaming women on 40% BF man. Your BF is high, so I do question rather if you have a mental/emotional issue that causes excesses eating. Get that solved first before you dive in to losing weight. Now, if you are just a lazy fuq then that's easier to deal with lol.
Tangentially related. Don’t want to hijack the thread, but..

I know that some PUAs would argue otherwise, but hypothetically, would you say that at that bodyfat you should make your first priority losing weight, or would one want to game concurrently?

I’ve heard some PUAs argue that waiting until you’re shredded, lean, or even just lean(er) to game is stupid because it’s a form of productive procrastination. You’ll just keep putting it off indefinitely, and you’re just using the excuse of “girls won’t like me until I’m leaner” to avoid getting rejected out in the field. So instead of waiting until you’re lean to game, you should dive into the field right away.

However, I’ve also seen guys that are significantly overweight approach decently consistently over a whole year and not get a single date from it. That’s crazy, imo.

It’s two interesting sides of the discussion. Was just wondering if you had an opinion on it

Cerwin Vega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to think that Blackpillers were a cancer but now I see them as a great thing for game and society. The reason for this is because their poison gets men out of game and into being shut-ins which means more opportunities for me. I am not even going to bother debating with these guys, they cannot be reasoned with. However, I am going to let them spread their poison and get more men out of game and out of approaching. Way too many spam approachers here in Miami meaning others have to pick their game up and be even more smooth if they want to score.

I appreciate the black pill for existing, it is taking men out of the market and clearing way for the men with strong mindsets to go in and grab a bigger share.
1. "True" blackpills are rare. Once most self-proclaimed blackpills sniff a hint of a chance for getting laid they'll go after it.
2. For every man taking himself out, there are ten dirt-thirsty goat ****ers ready to flood the market, not afraid of assaulting woman because of the lack of repercussions, and it works! Nothing you can compete with.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Osaka is really incomparable to anything in the U.S except maybe New York. I live in a Top 3 city in terms of population in the U.S. and it's nothing compared to the volume you would encounter in Tokyo or Osaka. Also, the logistics are great there (e.g., On time trains, extensive public transit, apartments for cheap near metro stations, etc.).

I agree, I try to keep my interactions around 30 seconds to five minutes long on the cold-approach, any longer then I just feel like I wasted my time if/when she ghosts. I almost always screen for the insta-date as well.

Yeah, it is problematic. It's extremely difficult to try to make friends as a guy, as most guys just think you're a gay trying to hit on them if you ask them to hang out. To a degree its the same thing with my friends. They are in relationships and just not down to do the same things.
Are you a White man in Japan?

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I watched the entire video. He acknowledges that approaching strangers in person is likely better than swipe app use. This is more focused upon stranger approaching in non-bar venues than bars/nightclubs, though some of it is applicable to bars/nightclubs.

The three reasons he cites for not doing stranger approaches are....
1. You are judged most on looks, 70% on looks and 30% on persona. Being a 6 or less will lead to a lot of rejection. I think I'm a 7 and I've taken a lot of rejections in non-bar approaching. @momentomori took even more rejections as a guy with photos rated 8.5 on PhotoFeeler. If you don't have looks, don't bother doing stranger approaches.

2. Low return of return. I absolutely agree with this. Approaching strangers has a lot of rejection and a high failure rate. I don't understand why a lot of people don't draw the parallel between approaching strangers looking for dates/sex and cold calling for business sales. @Jake_Gyllenhaal69 should understand this by working in a boiler room sales environment. I also worked in a boiler room sales environment for a short period after college graduation. I lasted 2 weeks. The rejections on cold calls for sales are ridiculous and the boiler room company I worked expected hundreds of cold calls per day. In 2005, it was amazing to me that companies were still asking sales reps to cold call because cold calling had been discredited as a business method by the early 1990s. Approaching strangers, especially in non-bar venues, is a lot like cold calling. The rejections I have taken in non-bar approaching haven't been as vicious as my boiler room sales job. That's probably because I am a 7. However, way too many of my conversations fizzle out in 60 seconds or less. This morning, I got in a decent approach on a woman in terms of exceeding the 60 second threshold. I might have made it to 3 minutes but the woman was likely 40+ and had at least one child. I ended up wasting 3 minutes on an unqualified prospect. Although I wasn't rejected per se, it wasn't a pleasant experience. I've just seen way too many conversation fizzle out before I can even ask for the date. I'd like to think a lot of those women aren't in the market for new penis, but I don't know. Either way, it is frustrating to do non-bar approaches. If you are approaching strangers at a bar, you do know that the women at the bar are in the market for new penis because females generally don't show up to bars unless they are seeking new penis.

Yes, it is possible to have success from it and I have. However, a lot of the feedback you will receive in approaching will be negative.

3. Cold approach has negative effects on your self esteem. I agree and I have experienced this. I had to go to therapy for multiple years due to relational trauma as well as some childhood trauma. Failed romantic interactions, including cold approaches that went nowhere, were contributing factors to some of my mental traumas. I was evaluated for PTSD based upon my traumas, including failed cold approaches, failed relationships, and too many "one date, no sex, no second date" interactions from both online and real life sources. I've experience this and currently have a lifetime notch count that is above the notch count of most men's lifetime notch count. More of my rejections from stranger approaches have been soft nexts or conversations that go nowhere like the example from this morning. Those still hurt and do negatively affect self esteem.

Wheat Waffles is a black pill person. While I think the black pill has merit, I don't identify as a black pill person. Millennial men have embraced black pill more than red pill, whereas Gen X went more towards red pill than black pill, though even Roosh said he moved from red to black pill before ultimately having his religious conversion.
These are exactly my thoughts on the situation. Like i always say dating is like sales. Its all a numbers game.

Cold approaching eventually does effect your self esteem. I used to cold approach ALOT. I have cold approached hundreds of women. Now I think its almost masochistic.

I had one girl yell at me so badly that it shook me to my soul. We were outside a bar and I just introduced myself and she let out the most horrific and humliating slew of words you could say. I was shocked and just calmly walked away. That killed my night. After a while you dont want to expose yourself to random energy. You could be approaching someone who has alot of low vibrational energy. You are giving them the oppurtunity to unload it onto you.

Most interactions are fairly pleasant though. I will say that cold approaching is very rewarding when you eventually do score. It feels great. Had I not cold approached I would have missed out on some wonderful sexual experiences and girlfriends.

I would advise to only cold appproach if you really like the way the girl looks. Let it be worth the potential humiliation. Reject is sometimes better than regret.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would advise to only cold appproach if you really like the way the girl looks. Let it be worth the potential humiliation. Reject is sometimes better than regret.
I agree with this. I am more motivated by the chance to get Stacy-tier poon than to get the "sure thing" with fat, sub-Becky-face poon.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with this. I am more motivated by the chance to get Stacy-tier poon than to get the "sure thing" with fat, sub-Becky-face poon.
After age 50, most men aren't getting Stacy-tier poon unless they are directly paying for it. They might get Stacy's Mom - tier poon with hot older women (think 35-55) without directly paying for it.

All men pay for sex, whether directly or indirectly. Caleb Jones (Blackdragon) doesn't think men need to start paying for sex directly under 60 to get 20 somethings, but I think it's about 50 in most cases. Few 50 year old men can get a 20 something girlfriend naturally. Think about @Mike32ct 's 3 factors. Height, hair, and money. You need height and money to do so.

Most interactions are fairly pleasant though. I will say that cold approaching is very rewarding when you eventually do score. It feels great. Had I not cold approached I would have missed out on some wonderful sexual experiences and girlfriends.
That's close to my experience with cold approaching, though I am pissed when an interaction doesn't lead to a date, no matter how pleasant the interaction may be. Most interactions are short (under 3 minutes) and don't even result in a date being offered or a phone number collected.

Last edited: