Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Famous Youtuber Wheat Waffle's makes an Anti-Cold Approaching Video

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to hear what @Jesse Pinkman thinks about this since this is his alley way. In addition, I haven't even watched the video yet, so this post is as blind as Heller Keller.

This is the same type of video category which is is promoted by these idiots that tell you that "cold calling customers doesn't work" and then goes on to promote e-mail marketing or LinkedIn instead (Or whatever online), because that is what they are selling.

Always consider source is my point of view.

In his case he seems to be selling this:

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What the couples graph showed me is that, as long as you're a 5-6.5 you can date above your looks match... Since five is average, this should apply to many men.
only If you are amazing in other departments

if you are average all the long way , then going outside your league is a very steep hill to climb . But it is not impossible . You will lack consistency though

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not just rejection, you can get people telling you not to come back to a store or establishment because someone complained you made them feel uncomfortable.
I've never had that experience to me in approaching over many years in non-bar venues. However, in recent years, I have been doing more outdoor approaching. The pandemic did ruin indoor approaching in places like grocery stores, malls, and bookstores. Of those 3 indoor type venues I mentioned, I had the best outcomes in grocery stores. I have also gotten dates from fitness classes at gyms, another indoor venue that was pandemic affected.

You are in Toronto, which is very anti-male. Toronto is a huge SJW/feminist cesspool. My city is not amazing but it is way better than Toronto, which is the biggest mating cesspool in North America.

Do not get me wrong, women are passive as hell. They will have interest in a guy but expect him to read her mind that she is interested. At the same time, they have all the advantage because they can always say no. If a guy says no to her, suddenly her world in shambles so she never gives the guy an opportunity by never initiating herself.
I find passive female behavior to be astounding. Many women barely contribute to the conversation on dates and in approaches as well. I have to do more of the heavy lifting in conversation. I've found that true even with women where I've been able to have sex with them.

Passive female behavior feels like a lot like apathy to me. How does someone tell the difference?

The woman makes an exception if the guy is really hot. Then she suddenly becomes a child and gives all the signals she wants. Touching, red cheeks, tilting heads, etc.
I will receive some IOIs but I've never experienced anything on this level.

Even though I haven't had much success with cold approach. I would advocate for every man to at least get over AA and do SOME approaching. Although getting rejected may suck, not taking a swing is even worse IMO. Because then you just kind of silently sulk with your d1ck in hand as you stand in the corner. When you approach at least you die on your sword.

And its not all about looks on the cold-approach. Most of it is just logistics, luck, and being forward enough to get the girl back to your place. I believe the primary reason I haven't had success is due to my poor logistics. Girls are incredibly fickle and if its a hassle to pull the girl back to your place its gg.
What is wrong with your logistics? Logistics are crucial in getting same lay nights. If you don't have good logistics and are trying for the same night lay, you're likely to not have good outcomes.

The biggest workaround for logistics is a slower dating process. It might take 3-4 dates to have sex if your logistics are not top notch. Also, in terms of logistics, it is best to do approaches in areas near where you live. When you do approaches near your home, it is likely that you're meeting women who also live close to that area. If you must swipe (which I don't recommend), I recommend setting the radius to within 10 miles of where you live and only do your swiping while you are at home so as to not confuse the geolocator.

Women are quite fickle. No one is going to argue that point.

It's also possible to regret not making the approaches. I've experienced that at times.

"cold calling customers doesn't work" and then goes on to promote e-mail marketing or LinkedIn instead (Or whatever online), because that is what they are selling.

Always consider source is my point of view.
This is good. Cold calling has been discredited as a sales method since the 1990s. However, a lot of email marketing and LinkedIn/social media marketing is complete hogwash as well. Email is tough to do well and has gotten tougher in the last 10-15 years.

In 2013, Gary Vaynerchuk gave a great speech about marketers ruining everything. It's still true today.

Last edited:

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In 2013, Gary Vaynerchuk gave a great speech about marketers ruining everything. It's still true today.
Everybody is sellling something so does Gary too:
He has all the reasons to discredit cold calling as he is a online marketer too.

So yeah... Again; always consider source. ;)

This is good. Cold calling has been discredited as a sales method since the 1990s.
I can assure you that it is one very effective method even today. But that of course depends on how it is used and implemented.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can assure you that it is one very effective method even today. But that of course depends on how it is used and implemented.
I believe that cold calling for business is a complete waste of time and useless. Approaching strangers for romantic purposes is somewhat analogous to the cold call. Very low rate of return. I have mixed feelings over approaching strangers since I had a boiler room sales job straight out of college and saw how bad it was. The only reason I do approaches is because my alternatives are worse. Swipe apps are worse. I have zero social circle options. Matchmaking services are a disaster too.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a boiler room sales job straight out of college and saw how bad it was.
Just because you had one job that used phones in bad manner, doesn't equal to that you can label everything all all companies that use them as bad.
I believe that cold calling for business is a complete waste of time and useless. Approaching strangers for romantic purposes is somewhat analogous to the cold call.
Which is why I used it as an example. Actually sales and pickup of girls has a lot in common with each other ironically...
But sitting at home (or whatever), with retarded smart phone apps/on dating website and getting zero or very low result to actually get some result is better than nothing, right?
The hit scores on dating apps are these days extremely low. Meeting someone in person will at least theoretically beat the dating apps because you establish a personal "human" connection instantly which the internet can't produce.

How many swipes do you have to to do to produce one connection vs. cold approaching?
Which has the most connections rejected/approved statistically?

if you look into the real data/numbers I'm guessing cold approach would still win that "fight". But, hey I might be wrong of course.

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a boiler room sales job straight out of college and saw how bad it was.
I only lasted 2 weeks in the boiler room before going apeshiit crazy. Another guy who started the same day as I did left the boiler room after only 1-2 days on the phones. Everyone took a lot of abuse on the phones. I haven't made another cold call since and haven't been in direct sales in 15+ years. I had one other non-cold calling sales job after that.

Just because you had one job that used phones in bad manner, doesn't equal to that you can label everything all all companies that use them as bad.
That company expected sales reps to make 200+ dials a day. This was 2005. Caller ID was a thing by then. You didn't get most people and the ones you did get were PISSED that you called.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That company expected sales reps to make 200+ dials a day. This was 2005. Caller ID was a thing by then. You didn't get most people and the ones you did get were PISSED that you called.
Calling B2C is utter shiete and should be dead and buried by now. Sadly it isn't.
However calling B2B is an entirely different beast and still a very legit sales channel if used correctly...

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Calling B2C is utter shiete and should be dead and buried by now. Sadly it isn't.
However calling B2B is an entirely different beast and still a very legit sales channel if used correctly...
The boiler room sales job I was referring to was B2B sales. In 2005, cold calls in B2B were utter shiete too. I don't think cold calling has any value in either B2B or B2C. Any organization that cold calls is at least 3 decades behind the times and has some major problem in the marketing mix.

At the bottom of that Inc. article (which was B2B focused) were recommendations to replace cold calling.
  • Recommendations and Referrals
  • Email Marketing (but not SPAM)
  • Networking and Social Networking
  • Inbound Marketing
In the mating marketplace, the equivalents of Recos & Referrals + Networking is social circle. Inbound Marketing's mating marketplace equivalent is receiving IOIs. In order to receive IOIs, you must weightlift for big muscles and be able to show at least 2 of @Mike32ct 's Big 3 of Height, Hair, and Money.

momentomori

Don Juan
Reaction score
What is wrong with your logistics? Logistics are crucial in getting same lay nights. If you don't have good logistics and are trying for the same night lay, you're likely to not have good outcomes.

The biggest workaround for logistics is a slower dating process. It might take 3-4 dates to have sex if your logistics are not top notch. Also, in terms of logistics, it is best to do approaches in areas near where you live. When you do approaches near your home, it is likely that you're meeting women who also live close to that area. If you must swipe (which I don't recommend), I recommend setting the radius to within 10 miles of where you live and only do your swiping while you are at home so as to not confuse the geolocator.

Women are quite fickle. No one is going to argue that point.

It's also possible to regret not making the approaches. I've experienced that at times.
Yeah, those are good points. Good logistics are especially important for SDL's. I definitely have been trying to go for the 3-4 date structure lately, and I think it's the correct way to go. I've done a lot of my learning from other guys who have amazing logistics in super dense cities with amazing public transportation. I always hear about how they can get SDL's and stuff like that. Guess we all got to tailor our game strategy for our specific situations.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
those are good points. Good logistics are especially important for SDL's. I definitely have been trying to go for the 3-4 date structure lately, and I think it's the correct way to go. I've done a lot of my learning from other guys who have amazing logistics in super dense cities with amazing public transportation. I always hear about how they can get SDL's and stuff like that. Guess we all got to tailor our game strategy for our specific situations.
How big is your metro area?

I am in one of the 5 most populous US metro areas. While it is the 4th most populous metro area, it's not that dense. Certain neighborhoods are dense and walkable to nightlife. There are also some neighborhoods that are a short Uber/Lyft ride from nightlife. If you want the same night lay, I would recommend being walkable to the bars, though I knew a guy who put up huge notch count numbers while living an apartment complex that was a short Uber/Lyft ride away (about 10 minutes) from the bar district where did the most approaches. Walkable is better.

Is your home within a 10 minute Uber/Lyft ride of bars or a 10 minute drive of bars? That's the maximum you can do if seeking the same night lay. If driving, you must be parked in a parking lot immediately adjacent to bars. A woman will not tolerate a walk from the bar to your car and then a 10 minute drive to your home if you want a same night lay.

If you don't have the logistics I described, you're going to have to do some other things, mainly not seeking the same night lay. You'd have to meet women and then schedule dates. If you're really good, you can get a woman to come over to your place on a 2nd date. 3rd-4th date is more typical for a home date (either your place or hers but more typically yours). I've gotten all of my sex within the first 3 dates. I did go on a 4th date once and didn't get laid on the 4th date with her. There were no future dates. I was feeling meh about her as a prospect anyway.

1 in-person approach + 3 dates is easier for getting sex than 3 in-person dates + swipe app as first contact. There's been more in-person interaction when the initial interaction is done in real life. It's easier to close on the 1st or 2nd date in the first interaction was an in-person approach.

Some men can even get same day sex from non-bar approaching if they are doing non-bar approaching at a venue that's walking distance from where they live. That's even more difficult to do.

Pandemic has wrecked nightlife. Nightlife in 2022 isn't yet what nightlife was in 2018 or 2019.

If you don't have good logistics, it's better to focus on getting laid within a few dates, which is more of a model for extended relationships. If you're going to go on a few dates before sex, you might as well try to get an extended relationship out of that effort.

momentomori

Don Juan
Reaction score
How big is your metro area?

I am in one of the 5 most populous US metro areas. While it is the 4th most populous metro area, it's not that dense. Certain neighborhoods are dense and walkable to nightlife. There are also some neighborhoods that are a short Uber/Lyft ride from nightlife. If you want the same night lay, I would recommend being walkable to the bars, though I knew a guy who put up huge notch count numbers while living an apartment complex that was a short Uber/Lyft ride away (about 10 minutes) from the bar district where did the most approaches. Walkable is better.

Is your home within a 10 minute Uber/Lyft ride of bars or a 10 minute drive of bars? That's the maximum you can do if seeking the same night lay. If driving, you must be parked in a parking lot immediately adjacent to bars. A woman will not tolerate a walk from the bar to your car and then a 10 minute drive to your home if you want a same night lay.

If you don't have the logistics I described, you're going to have to do some other things, mainly not seeking the same night lay. You'd have to meet women and then schedule dates. If you're really good, you can get a woman to come over to your place on a 2nd date. 3rd-4th date is more typical for a home date (either your place or hers but more typically yours). I've gotten all of my sex within the first 3 dates. I did go on a 4th date once and didn't get laid on the 4th date with her. There were no future dates. I was feeling meh about her as a prospect anyway.

1 in-person approach + 3 dates is easier for getting sex than 3 in-person dates + swipe app as first contact. There's been more in-person interaction when the initial interaction is done in real life. It's easier to close on the 1st or 2nd date in the first interaction was an in-person approach.

Some men can even get same day sex from non-bar approaching if they are doing non-bar approaching at a venue that's walking distance from where they live. That's even more difficult to do.

Pandemic has wrecked nightlife. Nightlife in 2022 isn't yet what nightlife was in 2018 or 2019.

If you don't have good logistics, it's better to focus on getting laid within a few dates, which is more of a model for extended relationships. If you're going to go on a few dates before sex, you might as well try to get an extended relationship out of that effort.
Yeah, I've been on a 3rd date once in my life. I probably could have ****ed the chick I went on the 3rd date with but I may have lacked the aggression necessary to seal the deal.

I definitely should play the long game with my dates and shoot for 2-4 dates going forward. Getting the girl out on a second date is such a rare event for me though, even if I do have good chemistry with the girl. Out of about 20 dates, I have had only 3 or so second dates.

I do live in a top 3 metro area in a fairly central area, but it's not walking distance to anything significant other than a Starbucks, which is difficult to find parking at. And parking in front of my place is a hassle. If we're going back to my place it kind of has to be planned, it's difficult to just rock up to my place because there could be no parking spots. I think with a 2-4 date approach inviting the girl back to my place is the most reasonable strategy.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Out of about 20 dates, I have had only 3 or so second dates.
If you've only been on dates with 20 women lifetime at 32, that's a low number of dates. I have been on dates with hundreds of women at 39.

I've been on a 3rd date once in my life. I probably could have ****ed the chick I went on the 3rd date with but I may have lacked the aggression necessary to seal the deal.

Getting the girl out on a second date is such a rare event for me though,
It's not easy to get 2nd and 3rd dates, especially if your main fishing holes lifetime have been dating websites (pre-swipe app era) and swipe apps.

I definitely should play the long game with my dates and shoot for 2-4 dates going forward.

You might want to focus on social circle at this point. Your approaching of strangers has been putrid. Those results are abnormally bad. I'd be curious about what was learned from 2,000 in-person approaches. I don't even think I've done 2,000 in-person approaches lifetime.

I do live in a top 3 metro area in a fairly central area, but it's not walking distance to anything significant other than a Starbucks, which is difficult to find parking at. And parking in front of my place is a hassle. If we're going back to my place it kind of has to be planned, it's difficult to just rock up to my place because there could be no parking spots. I think with a 2-4 date approach inviting the girl back to my place is the most reasonable strategy.
Given that, you're going to need to have a woman with high interest level to come over to your place. You're looking at someone willing to go on multiple dates with you. That is the short to medium term solution.

momentomori

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you've only been on dates with 20 women lifetime at 32, that's a low number of dates. I have been on dates with hundreds of women at 39.

It's not easy to get 2nd and 3rd dates, especially if your main fishing holes lifetime have been dating websites (pre-swipe app era) and swipe apps.

I definitely should play the long game with my dates and shoot for 2-4 dates going forward.

You might want to focus on social circle at this point. Your approaching of strangers has been putrid. Those results are abnormally bad. I'd be curious about what was learned from 2,000 in-person approaches. I don't even think I've done 2,000 in-person approaches lifetime.

Given that, you're going to need to have a woman with high interest level to come over to your place. You're looking at someone willing to go on multiple dates with you. That is the short to medium term solution.
Yeah. Maybe I'll get a breakthrough with cold-approach at some point lol. A lot of my cold approaches were spammy and uncalibrated. I followed this guy who advocated for essentially spam approaches. It worked for him because he lived in Osaka and had insane logistics and volume to work with. That strategy probably wouldn't work in most situations.

I was feeling really hopeless about cold-approach last week though. However, I made some approaches today and I made my interactions a little longer and felt like I was connecting better. Maybe this is a step in the right direction. I remember in the past I used to focus on having long interactions with girls and still get ghosted. That was pretty demoralizing.

Even though rejection sucks, not approaching also sucks. Although, I may have to hang up my cold-approach boots at some point, I still kind of feel I can make it work with some adjustments.

I can't do social circle though. I barely even have any friends lol. I have no idea where to get started with that. I tried doing a hiking meetup and there was nothing but old lesbians so I bounced.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of my cold approaches were spammy and uncalibrated. I followed this guy who advocated for essentially spam approaches. It worked for him because he lived in Osaka and had insane logistics and volume to work with. That strategy probably wouldn't work in most situations.
In non-bar approaching, it would be possible to spam approach in a Top 20-25 metro area in the USA. It wouldn't be possible in every neighborhood, but there's a spot in each of these areas where someone could spam approach. I wouldn't recommend it without having thick enough skin. I don't have thick enough skin for that.

I was feeling really hopeless about cold-approach last week though. However, I made some approaches today and I made my interactions a little longer and felt like I was connecting better. Maybe this is a step in the right direction. I remember in the past I used to focus on having long interactions with girls and still get ghosted. That was pretty demoralizing.

Even though rejection sucks, not approaching also sucks. Although, I may have to hang up my cold-approach boots at some point, I still kind of feel I can make it work with some adjustments.
Length of interaction isn't all that important if you're getting the dates. You need interactions to go at least 30 seconds. You can probably get digits in 2 minutes, but there's a good chance it is a flake job. The ideal interaction is between 5-15 minutes, you discuss a date idea and set plans in person, and only get digits after setting concrete plans. Even though interactions can lead to flake jobs too.

I can't do social circle though. I barely even have any friends lol.
That's problematic. Right now, I have friends. They are not dorks, aspie tech, etc. They are normal men. The biggest problem with my friends is that they are all in LTRs and married. Some are starting to have kids. None of my friends now are in a similar place in life as I am. Many friends were at some point in the past, but that time has long since passed. Even when my friends and I were in similar spots, I received 0 arranged dates as a result of my primary friend group. Often times, my friends and I were competing for many of the same females that were in the orbit of the social sphere.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
only If you are amazing in other departments

if you are average all the long way , then going outside your league is a very steep hill to climb . But it is not impossible . You will lack consistency though
My build has helped me out tremendously

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My build has helped me out tremendously
we all like to think that we are this amazing guys and so on , but very few guys actually do better than what naturally is expected …

but as a rule , we live in a world now with a lot of people suffering from mental problems . So things will get worse till they will get bette r