Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Face it, Direct Game is not a good way to meet girls.

Someone Much cooler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Like i was sayin in the city everyone is so busy and there are so many people, its so much better to walk up to a girl you see. Maybe she is bored waiting for the train or the bus, maybe she is walkin with an ipod. I just say "excuse me miss" when she stops I say "Hey, I'm Someone much cooler" and extend my hand. She will of course shake it, smirk @ her and say "i though you were pretty and figured it couldn't hurt to meet a new interesting person" (your qualifing her) get her goin with some bs fluff, where she is from age blah blah. throw in a few compliments. I always compliment things that aren't obvious, say she has regular brown eyes, i would say "I like your eyes". Then she will be happy and curious, cause she know good and well her eyes are boring! walk and talk, slow down the pace a little, as long as she has no where to be, heck if she isn't goin anywhere ask her right on the spot if she wants to grab something to eat, she will say but I don't even know you or some BS, you reply, "well here's a great chance to beat out all those other girls and get to know me first". then smile and ask her if there are any coffee shops. I come up with this Bs off the top of my dome. It works and you gotta smile alot. lotta eye contact and try and tease her a lil. It works, IT WORKS, IT WORKS, http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1222854#post1222854

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bvbidd said:
Okay anybody who thinks direct game does sh!t. Go out to any random girl and say "Hi, I think your pretty." and tell us what happens, I've done this I know what the reaction will be.
Sorry to tell you this but that isn't game, that was lame. You have to at least be original in what you say. What would a woman see that's interesting in a guy who just says that she's pretty, anyone can walk up to a woman and say that. Is that why some guys believe that looks are so important in a direct approach, because they have to rely on their looks because their creativity is lacking?

Someone Much cooler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah thats not really game...but then where is the line drawn between game and not...i think game is more about the intention you use your words wit.

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
Sorry to tell you this but that isn't game, that was lame. You have to at least be original in what you say. What would a woman see that's interesting in a guy who just says that she's pretty, anyone can walk up to a woman and say that. Is that why some guys believe that looks are so important in a direct approach, because they have to rely on their looks because their creativity is lacking?
That's my point, it ISN'T game and won't work. And looks don't matter(it will still fail), I'm not that bad looking of guy and it's never worked for me nor anybody else concidered hot.

I was trying to show you guys how it doesn't do SH!T but creep out a girl. One of the reasons it does creep them out, is.. they don't think they are that hot themselves, a stranger coming up to you saying that they are so hot will just freak out girls. And even for the ones that do feel they are indeed hot, then your just saying the obvious to them.

DIRECT GAME is terrible. It's lame, and girls know this. Every friend I know all broke up with their boyfriends for saying those very words. Avoid it, keep to making fun of them.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Someone Much cooler said:
yeah thats not really game...but then where is the line drawn between game and not...i think game is more about the intention you use your words wit.

Right but that's what direct guys preach, go up to a girl and tell her she's beautiful, always be honest with your intentions, etc. When it doesn't work they modify "Direct" and borrow a bunch of tactics from Indirect, yet still claim they are being "Direct"and Direct works and continually attack and misconstrue Indirect.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Mad Manic said:
I went into town today to do some direct day game and then later meet up for a drink with my friend.

I approached 5 women directly in this time, would have done more but my results were very good today so decided to leave it at that.

I closed a 9, 8 and a 7 and was actually closed by the 8 herself. I'd consider 2 of the 3 closes solid, the other may be flakey.

The other 2/5, both were good interactions but they insisted that they had bf's but it was 'nice to meet you :)'.

I'd say that direct game is perfectly fine tbh, I mean I've had a few bad days with it but I have had that with indirect too. If I can close attractive women like this, I think it's a decent method.

SAYING that, I think direct puts your appearance on the line a lot; you'll get judged on this a lot when you do direct, so unless you're confident that you're attractive, it'll be hard to get success.

I'd say I'm a good looking guy and attractive to most girls, so I think I do ok with this because of that. Saying that, indirect can work fine too.

EDIT: Sorry didn't mean to brag or anything with this post, I should add I did direct day game the other day, did 10 direct approaches, but got no numbers despite good interactions. Things go like that sometimes.

Well good job. You say you approached the girls directly, but it's common for guys to approach indirectly and situationally and claim it was Direct. Why don't you FR it so we can judge just how direct or indirect your approach really was?

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
Okie doke ...

Approach 1: Girl in card shop, 8, I walked over to her, tapped her on the shoulder, smiled and said, "Hey there, I think you are gorgeous and wanted to say hello :)". She smiled and seemed flattered, a convo ensued and it was quite light hearted, a bit jokey as I commented on the card she was getting for her boss at her old work place. We chatted about uni and about Tiger Tiger, she happened to be there on the night I was there infact. After chatting, she asked me for my number and we swapped numbers. She said that I had quite a refiend voice and she thought it was cool. Two mins later after some more banter she said she needed to go as she had work at 4 pm but it was cool meeting me. I kissed her on the cheek and we parted ways.

Approach 2: Girl in HMV, 9, sexy! I walked over, tapped her on the shoulder and said, "Hello there, I think you're gorgeous and wanted to meet you :)". She smiled and blushed and she introduced herself to me and likewise. I then commented on the DVD she was looking at and we joked about it because she was a Johnny Depp fan and I wasn't. We then chatted about stuff, uni, life, work and she commented on the fact that I was brave for directly approaching her and that she liked that. We then joked about the lack of girls on my course and I made her laugh by implying it was packed with playboy girls. We then swapped numbers and a min later I departed since I had to leave and I told her it was great meeting her and she smiled and waved good bye.

Approach 3: Girl in Woolworths, HB6. Approached directly again and said, "Hi, you know I think you're quite attractive, so I wanted to pop over and have a little chat with you :)". She seemed quite surprised and we chatted a bit but it was quite lame as she was very caught off guard. She said she had a bf.

Approach 4: Girl in HMV again, HB7. Walked over, tapped her on shoulder and said, "Hey up, you are gorgeous and I wanted to meet you. I'm *name*". She smiled and introduced herself, we chatted about Nicolas Cage and his good films for a bit, then I attempted to close, she said she was flattered but had a bf, I tried working around it using some Tyler Durden advice, didn't work and she said sorry. I said goodbye etc and left.

Approach 5: Girl in Boots, HB7: Did my usual stuff and said "Hey there, you're quite attractive aren't you, I wanted to say hello :)". She seemed a bit surprised and said, "Ohhh ok, hi there." I then tried to warm her up by talking about how her day was and we exchanged info, I then joked about how her hair was quite curly and could do with the hair straightener that she was holding. She laughed a bit and playfully hit me, I joked that she was aggressive and wanted to beat me up. I then said hey lets swap numbers and we could hook up for lunch sometime, she hesitated and I said "Ohhh don't give me that face, you know you wanted to straighten your hair just for me". She said "haha whatever, ok then here is my num". We swapped, I chatted for another min, then parted ways.

All were girls aged 18-21, at university, doing direct day game. I think the first two were the best closes, in terms of IOI's, easiness to close, etc.

Real

Banned
Reaction score
the hotter the girl, the better confident directness will work on her

an hb8 or lower will think you are a player trying to get into her pants if you give her an astounding compliment......of course, she'll still talk to you! but may not be as relaxed

but to go up to a 9 or a 10, and tell her in a cool confident way "YOU are really beautiful, whats your name girl?" will work 100% of the time if done right

by right, i mean the following:

she finds you attractive
you talk like you know what you are doing
you don't use loser words such as "i wanted to meet you", that sounds so ****ing lame

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
OK You opened directly with a compliment per my own definition, I'll give you that, but I noticed you threw the compliment and went into chatting and vibing which is indirect. Especially in the last approach you used conversation strategy very consist with indirect tactics. A lot of these direct guys emphasize showing your interest and geting to know her and your interest and intent. That's what I disagree with.

Anyway where are you from?

Someone Much cooler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
in the streets i go pretty hard @ girls, actaully all i know how to do is direct game. thats all I know. lol as we speak I am tryin to learn how to network and talk to girls friends and crap. All i know is a direct approach. And it works for me.
@ school i don't even do all that, I say whats up, i'm "Someone much Cooler" whats your sweetie. thats it. thats all i do. i don't even mack heavy, i don't ask for the #, all i do is get to know em and dip out, next time i see em i invite them to one of my parties, then i get live.

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
ketostix said:
OK You opened directly with a compliment per my own definition, I'll give you that, but I noticed you threw the compliment and went into chatting and vibing which is indirect. Especially in the last approach you used conversation strategy very consist with indirect tactics. A lot of these direct guys emphasize showing your interest and geting to know her and your interest and intent. That's what I disagree with.

I'm from Leeds in the UK, England. Yes I open directly, telling her I find her attractive and thus wanted to meet/chat with her. I then joke for a bit, we start talking and stuff, then I try to close. It's all natural convo and stuff, nothing pre-planned, just go with the flow. I think it's fine, it's my style. I like a girl, I tell her I like her, we talk, try to get her number.

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
Real said:
the hotter the girl, the better confident directness will work on her

an hb8 or lower will think you are a player trying to get into her pants if you give her an astounding compliment......of course, she'll still talk to you! but may not be as relaxed

but to go up to a 9 or a 10, and tell her in a cool confident way "YOU are really beautiful, whats your name girl?" will work 100% of the time if done right

by right, i mean the following:

she finds you attractive
you talk like you know what you are doing
you don't use loser words such as "i wanted to meet you", that sounds so ****ing lame
I disagree, it depends on the type of girl. If you're going to open an attractive law student from uni doing a spot of shopping for her mother's b'day, then it's a tad too blunt and upfront to say "you're beautiful what's your name girl?". A bit more sophistication and politeness is needed. You're probably not the sophisticated type, which is cool, it's about congruency.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bvbidd said:
That's my point, it ISN'T game and won't work. And looks don't matter(it will still fail), I'm not that bad looking of guy and it's never worked for me nor anybody else concidered hot....
Lame lines do not work, no matter what circumstance/method you use to deliver it. Your looks will only have a slim chance of saving you.

Real

Banned
Reaction score
where's Derek Flint when you need him?

watch for my direct approach thread, tested and proven to work, and made simple for all the IDIOTS thinking direct game doesn't work

i mean goddamn, direct game even works on myspace (tell her shes beautiful, get her screen name, talk, #, hang out, hook up WOW SO HARD HUH???)

Agent Zero

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:

dude what do you think direct is? of course you should chat after you open, just don't use canned stuff.

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Talking about things other then how you feel about her is indirect.

Direct is when you talk about how you think she's so hot and stuff. Something that does not work.

Real

Banned
Reaction score
Bvbidd said:

Direct is when you talk about how you think she's so hot and stuff. Something that does not work.

only if she is not physically attracted to you does it not work

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No even if you are hot, she may get all flustered and flattered, but in the end your still that guy that came up to her and said she was hot, nothing else to offer, girls need more.. they don't just fvck a guy cuz he's hot or they look like wh0res.

Brak86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bvbidd said:

This quote is so retarded and so is this thread. Those who are against direct game are either a)keyboard jockeys who have never tried it b)guys who use the stupid "are you single line" c)guys who come across very weak when they go direct d)using it for night game, which isnt that good or e)ugly as hell.

Direct does work. I have done probably over 50 direct approaches and most of them have actually opened really well. Unfortunately, last year my game after the opener was terrible so i never get anywhere. But most of the girls liked the direct approach.

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo Troops,

ACTUALLY, I would say that the vast majority of the women I meet are from COLD APPROACHES / DIRECT GAME.

And 8 out of the last 10 women that I have successfully approached this past year have ALL been either IN the grocery store, OR leaving OUT of the grocery store.

I know it always sounds like a cliche, but believe it or not, it's really NOT that unusual or difficult when you're comfortable with approaching them there-----AND you have that "take no prisoners" mindset when you're doing it.

In fact, there are times when I go out to certain venues (see----GROCERY STORES, MALLS, SPORTING EVENTS, FESTIVALS, etc.), when the ONLY reason I am there IS to meet women.

Think of it like a MILITARY OPERATION:

What you're doing while you're walking around the store is REALLY "recon". And the basket that you're pushing or carrying is REALLY your cover, or your CAMOFLAUGE. Even as you talk on your cellphone while you peruse items on the same aisle as "your target", what you're really doing is leading "your enemy" into having a false sense of security. Many have NO idea that you've been checking them out THOROUGHLY until you smile and make eye contact. And "when" and "if" they RETURN your smile and/or make eye contact, THAT'S when you know it's time to "pull the trigger".

THIS type of manuever works for me MORE than you could imagine. I suggest that those who HAVEN'T seriously considered targeting women in venues like these, please consider it. The WORST thing that will happen is that you leave the store WITHOUT having picked up THAT particular babe as "an item".

The mindset that you have AT THE TIME that these scenarios play out is EVERYTHING, though.

You see, sometimes if you go to the grocery store JUST thinking about "eating up", all you'll see is food.

BUT, if you go to the grocery store thinking about "picking up", you might just find that all you'll see IS women.

SHOP ON!