"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

Explain to me this nonsense

Walk this Way

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
107
Reaction score
1
Let's consider for a moment one of my best friends - a female. Attractive, still young, a little immature, etc. etc. We talk about everything together, literally EVERYTHING. We grew up together. Now, in my mind, I decided I had no chance quite a long time ago and moved on. Since then, this girl has continued to amaze me, because she constantly gets into relationships with what we here at these boards consider AFCs.

The one right now is the worst. First, I have never seen him offline. NEVER. Even my female friend admitted that he has no life so he spends it in front of the computer. He's unathletic, he's small and skinny and still has a few freckles, and he's not very smart. When I see them meet around on campus, he usually says "me loves you" or she'll be like "wanna hear something?" and he'll say "I ALWAYS want to hear what you have to say". He talks to nobody but her. He's a loser. But her justification is that he's SO nice, that he always apologizes for saying something sexual, that he's so sweet and sooo romantic. *I puke*

Now, it's not like she doesn't know what a MAN is. I play tennis, work out, am extremely ambitious and intelligent, am a great dancer, and my tongue is sharp and witty with tons of innuendo and my conversations with her, frankly, are far more interesting than the conversations she has with him. Of course, I expect nothing from her, but she's always telling me that I should "be more romantic and nice" like him, and that she'd rather go out with a romantic guy than a "bad" guy.

She likes him a lot, and is very physical with him, so her actions correspond with her words. In fact at the movies he said "kiss me i'm irish" and they made out. That's like something I would have done five years ago. It BAFFLES me what she could see in him. And it goes against everything I've seen here. And when I tell her he's so incredibly boring and ordinary, she laughs and says I'm jealous and that . My response: OF WHAT?

What do you guys think? Is she an exception? I can't beieve it!
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

am4591

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
252
Reaction score
1
I think she likes getting her ass kissed.

So is this guy getting any?
 

DreamerZZ35

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 18, 2004
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Location
Columbus
Originally posted by Walk this Way
Let's consider for a moment one of my best friends - a female. Attractive, still young, a little immature, etc. etc. We talk about everything together, literally EVERYTHING. We grew up together. Now, in my mind, I decided I had no chance quite a long time ago and moved on. Since then, this girl has continued to amaze me, because she constantly gets into relationships with what we here at these boards consider AFCs.

The one right now is the worst. First, I have never seen him offline. NEVER. Even my female friend admitted that he has no life so he spends it in front of the computer. He's unathletic, he's small and skinny and still has a few freckles, and he's not very smart. When I see them meet around on campus, he usually says "me loves you" or she'll be like "wanna hear something?" and he'll say "I ALWAYS want to hear what you have to say". He talks to nobody but her. He's a loser. But her justification is that he's SO nice, that he always apologizes for saying something sexual, that he's so sweet and sooo romantic. *I puke*

Now, it's not like she doesn't know what a MAN is. I play tennis, work out, am extremely ambitious and intelligent, am a great dancer, and my tongue is sharp and witty with tons of innuendo and my conversations with her, frankly, are far more interesting than the conversations she has with him. Of course, I expect nothing from her, but she's always telling me that I should "be more romantic and nice" like him, and that she'd rather go out with a romantic guy than a "bad" guy.

She likes him a lot, and is very physical with him, so her actions correspond with her words. In fact at the movies he said "kiss me i'm irish" and they made out. That's like something I would have done five years ago. It BAFFLES me what she could see in him. And it goes against everything I've seen here. And when I tell her he's so incredibly boring and ordinary, she laughs and says I'm jealous and that . My response: OF WHAT?

What do you guys think? Is she an exception? I can't beieve it!
Who is bull chitting who here? Men and women are NOT best freinds... one of the two of you has romantic interest. Dont tell me otherwise either. My guess is from reading your words you are the one with the interest. I think you want to fvck this chick and she isnt interested and it pisses you off. I dont care how strong your game is... if you aint her type, your game isnt going to matter squat. Anyone who thinks differently DOESNT GET IT.

Bottom line... you say he is "he's so incredibly boring and ordinary, she laughs and says I'm jealous and that." SHE IS RIGHT.

If she is really just a friend then WHY DO YOU GIVE A RATZ aZZ? You got a bad case of oneitis and SHE KNOWS IT. Why do you care what she sees in him? It doesnt sound like he treats her poorly or abuses her so ITS NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS.
 

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
Who is bull chitting who here? Men and women are NOT best freinds... one of the two of you has romantic interest.
Uh...NO
 

RabidDog

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 1, 2004
Messages
104
Reaction score
0
Age
47
Location
Knox, Tenn.
Uh... YES

You want it so bad you can't see straight, and the fact the she is giving you subtle hints like "I prefer nice guys over bad guys" and that "you should be more nice", Idicates she does too. You can have her, but you'l have to change for her. And she knows you want her too, her actions prove that.

NO my /-\ss!
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Walk this Way

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
107
Reaction score
1
I don't want her. I can and have done better than what she can ever offer me. But I want to know why because what appeals to one woman may appeal to them all.

And RabidDog, I was not the one who said "uhhh...NO", that was Porky, but the answer is no, I feel nothing for her. I've known her for over a decade, she's still eight years old in my mind playing with me in the park.
 
Top