Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Experiences with Hair Transplants?

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Man, lucky you. Can you post it again or post the link to it?
Also care to detail your methods for everyone else too?
Only thing with that is, don't you have to keep using it or you'll lose it?
Here you go dude.

I live by this regimen:

Finasteride / Minoxidil (also available from a dermatologist with an RX)

Toco-Sorb (take daily)

Biotin (take daily)

Ketoconazole Shampoo (also available from a dermatologist with an RX) - use twice a week

Lipogaine Shampoo (use daily)

Lipogaine Conditioner (use daily)

Scalp Massager Anti Hair Loss Hair Growth Comb (stimulate hair follicle growth)

Yes, you have to continue to use the shampoo, conditioner, Biotin, Toco-Sorb daily. The Finasteride / Minoxidil I've switched to once a day after a shower. It can take several months for results, but it will help block DHT and regrow hair. Since the Finasteride / Minoxidil is not orally taken, it doesn't go through your blood or organs, so there are minimal side effects. For the record, I've not had any since I started in 2012.

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here you go dude.

I live by this regimen:

Finasteride / Minoxidil (also available from a dermatologist with an RX)

Toco-Sorb (take daily)

Biotin (take daily)

Ketoconazole Shampoo (also available from a dermatologist with an RX) - use twice a week

Lipogaine Shampoo (use daily)

Lipogaine Conditioner (use daily)

Scalp Massager Anti Hair Loss Hair Growth Comb (stimulate hair follicle growth)

Yes, you have to continue to use the shampoo, conditioner, Biotin, Toco-Sorb daily. The Finasteride / Minoxidil I've switched to once a day after a shower. It can take several months for results, but it will help block DHT and regrow hair. Since the Finasteride / Minoxidil is not orally taken, it doesn't go through your blood or organs, so there are minimal side effects. For the record, I've not had any since I started in 2012.
You say "shave it bro" but in reality you're running a pharmacy on your scalp

Hair transplants are not expensive, there is no upkeep, and results are very good

Sorry bro. Its a no brainer. I would do it all over again if I could

RickTheToad

Reaction score
You say "shave it bro" but in reality you're running a pharmacy on your scalp

Hair transplants are not expensive, there is no upkeep, and results are very good

Sorry bro. Its a no brainer. I would do it all over again if I could
Maybe in your country it is, but in the US, the cost for a good hair transplant is five figures. Always best to start small and see what works before taking gamble on something like that.

Jor-El

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know dudes who've spent over 30k for transplants from the best rated docs in NYC. They have all had many issues and just had it removed, stopped treatment, shaved it off or left it alone. I can think of better things to do with 30k. Shaving one's head or a hat works really well. It might even give the dude some better style too.
Thats fair enough if thats the experience of people you know...but,spending all that and getting issues galore is not the norm I would say.I mean,I dont know the figures of success and failure here but we cant quote the outliers as the norm...Iv had a positive experience,as have people I know (which "proves" nothing of course in the grand scheme of things) So im not arguing with you im just saying id wager many more have had a postive experience than a negative.Im on a forum for HT and some of the (MANY)results are amazing (as was mine).Some crap results also to be fair,but unfortunately,thats the nature of these things. But all things being equal and fair,if you are suitable and go to a decent clinic you are a lot more likely to have a decent result

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So im not arguing with you im just saying id wager many more have had a postive experience than a negative.Im on a forum for HT and some of the (MANY)results are amazing (as was mine).Some crap results also to be fair,but unfortunately,thats the nature of these things.
Yeah that's like the same thing with boob jobs. I felt my fair share of them and most of them were decent to great. Of course the guys that felt up the $800 ones from Mexico or crappy ones might have a differing opinion. LOL

powersize

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why are you afraid to be bald? Since I have started getting bold from the forehead I just shaved to 0 and happy with my new look.

Jor-El

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Since I have started getting bold from the forehead I just shaved to 0 and happy with my new look.
Quite a feat to train your forehead to be bold...must be reading self help books,but,good stuff ;):lol:

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just bumping this as I'm officially on day two of trying out a natural way using Topical Rosemary Oil.

There's been studies that it can be just as effective as Minoxidil without the irritation and a much more economical solution at $15/4oz bottle. Gonna try it for 4-6months and see if I get any noticeable results.

Jor-El

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just bumping this as I'm officially on day two of trying out a natural way using Topical Rosemary Oil.

There's been studies that it can be just as effective as Minoxidil without the irritation and a much more economical solution at $15/4oz bottle. Gonna try it for 4-6months and see if I get any noticeable results.

Well best of luck and hope it works for you! But,I would set your expectations low..many people start these oils ands expect results akin to a hair transplant..not saying you are doing that..just sayin`

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well best of luck and hope it works for you! But,I would set your expectations low..many people start these oils ands expect results akin to a hair transplant..not saying you are doing that..just sayin`
Thanks. I'm fully aware of that but the good thing is minimal investment and effort so really everything to gain but nothing to lose.
I don't have any expectations except improving my focus(study has shown) when smelling the Rosemary fragrance. LOL

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm fully aware of that but the good thing is minimal investment and effort so really everything to gain but nothing to lose.
I don't have any expectations except improving my focus(study has shown) when smelling the Rosemary fragrance. LOL
Have you noticed any results?

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey brothers,

Another thread mentioned this somewhat in passing (thanks to the brother that passed this information along), but I wanted to get more information.

What's been your experience with hair transplants?

First hand experience would obviously be preferable, but a close buddy's experience would be helpful too.

Here's what I want to know:

1. What company/provider/doctor did you use?

2. How did they do the surgery? Pull from existing hair on the back of your head or something else?

3. Was there a scar?

4. Are you glad you got it done/Was it worth it?

5. Can anyone tell you got a hair transplant?

6. How much did it cost?

Thanks
Most of the time for 7 years im comfortable with shaving my hair, lately i can see my follicle (temple area) receding more and more.. I like shaving, didnt like the fact that im going balding soon.. Check if you still have follicle to grow.. If u do still have it consider stemcell +prp first then refine it on hair transplant.. Long term planning yield better result than going on hair transplant alone.

Research on hair transplant, i put that on last resort.. It will produce permanent t scar and remember even you succeed doing it hairloss are progressive in manner.

2nd option for extreme balding consider scalp micropigmentation bro.. U need highly skills doc to get best long lasting result..

Currently on my 2nd prp treatment.. Massive Dense babyhair growing.. Hoping it thickening on my 3rd month.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you noticed any results?
Well it's only been less than 2 months and typically, results aren't noticeable until closer to 6 months. I also haven't been consistent with the application during the holiday period. I've been more consistent in the past two weeks. Haven't noticed anything yet but it hasn't gotten worse or better.

Jor-El

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Research on hair transplant, i put that on last resort.. It will produce permanent t scar and remember even you succeed doing it hairloss are progressive in manner.
That is not correct. Well.Partially.It depends which method of HT you have FUT or FUE. FUT leaves a scar yes,but for the most part its hidden by your hair anyway (you just gotta have it a fraction longer than total shave) FUE leaves no scar at all,and,unless you go upto your hair with a microscope,its virtually indetectable (assuming you have been to decent surgeon) You are right that hair loss is progressive,so having a HT will not magically stop you from going bald in other non transplanted areas of your head,so you have to plan for that with meds like finisteride (which is not a big deal really,assuming its safe FOR YOU PERSONALLY,iv took for years with no ill effects,only the rather pleasant side effect of a head full of hair...or is that the main effect not a side one LOL
Interesting your PRP result...I had 3 rather expensive sessions and it did sod all.....may have helped the healing but at £300 a go i wasnt minded to keep doing it

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That is not correct. Well.Partially.It depends which method of HT you have FUT or FUE. FUT leaves a scar yes,but for the most part its hidden by your hair anyway (you just gotta have it a fraction longer than total shave) FUE leaves no scar at all,and,unless you go upto your hair with a microscope,its virtually indetectable (assuming you have been to decent surgeon) You are right that hair loss is progressive,so having a HT will not magically stop you from going bald in other non transplanted areas of your head,so you have to plan for that with meds like finisteride (which is not a big deal really,assuming its safe FOR YOU PERSONALLY,iv took for years with no ill effects,only the rather pleasant side effect of a head full of hair...or is that the main effect not a side one LOL
Interesting your PRP result...I had 3 rather expensive sessions and it did sod all.....may have helped the healing but at £300 a go i wasnt minded to keep doing it
How many month took the transplat hair grow? How many graft you done?

DSterlen

Don Juan
Reaction score
My dad had a transplant 20 years ago, and I've looked into it heavily for myself. I've concluded that if you're on the path to advanced hair loss eventually anyway, then all the money in the world will not get you what you really want, which is "good hair" like you used to have. I estimated that $40,000 would get me only mediocre looking hair, in the end. Just because you'll have some hair on your head doesn't mean it's going to be enough to actually look good.

My dad spends a ridiculous amount of time putting black powdery stuff, almost daily, on his head for it to look how he wants. His scar is pretty clearly visible if he doesn't use the black stuff.

I personally started getting laid way more after I shaved my head. I was extremely self-conscious about having a crappy hairline and my confidence skyrocketed once I shaved it and got comfortable with it. I really don't think most chicks actually dislike it much, if at all. They may say they do but females say all types of bull$hit and do the opposite, as we all know. They also started fvcking me more so there's that experience.

The look also goes well with a little bit of a 'harder' dress style, which is the direction I went.

+1 vote for shaving. Try it, get some sun on your head and get some nicely trimmed facial hair going on.

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My dad had a transplant 20 years ago, and I've looked into it heavily for myself. I've concluded that if you're on the path to advanced hair loss eventually anyway, then all the money in the world will not get you what you really want, which is "good hair" like you used to have. I estimated that $40,000 would get me only mediocre looking hair, in the end. Just because you'll have some hair on your head doesn't mean it's going to be enough to actually look good.

My dad spends a ridiculous amount of time putting black powdery stuff, almost daily, on his head for it to look how he wants. His scar is pretty clearly visible if he doesn't use the black stuff.

I personally started getting laid way more after I shaved my head. I was extremely self-conscious about having a crappy hairline and my confidence skyrocketed once I shaved it and got comfortable with it. I really don't think most chicks actually dislike it much, if at all. They may say they do but females say all types of bull$hit and do the opposite, as we all know. They also started fvcking me more so there's that experience.

The look also goes well with a little bit of a 'harder' dress style, which is the direction I went.

+1 vote for shaving. Try it, get some sun on your head and get some nicely trimmed facial hair going on.
True i didnt have any problem with girl on full shave hair.. Even girl with bf that has full hair cant quit checking me out.

Jor-El

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How many month took the transplat hair grow? How many graft you done?
It takes 34 months to start seeing some results,and about a year or so for full results,Iv had 3 HT so a few thousand grafts,im no to sure to be honest,maybe about 5000/6000 ish but its a decent result

Last edited: