Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Experiences with Hair Transplants?

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey brothers,

Another thread mentioned this somewhat in passing (thanks to the brother that passed this information along), but I wanted to get more information.

What's been your experience with hair transplants?

First hand experience would obviously be preferable, but a close buddy's experience would be helpful too.

Here's what I want to know:

1. What company/provider/doctor did you use?

2. How did they do the surgery? Pull from existing hair on the back of your head or something else?

3. Was there a scar?

4. Are you glad you got it done/Was it worth it?

5. Can anyone tell you got a hair transplant?

6. How much did it cost?

Thanks

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't have the issue. Long blonde hair. Thick too. I don't shampoo. I use a conditioner. I eat healthy.
My grandpa had solid hair and lived till near 100. Just own it. If the time comes shave it and move on.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just bumping this as I came across this guy that seems to have a lot of info on his videos. This might give you some info.

Reaction score
I did not experience hair transplantation but I was researching hair transplantation for a while. I think it may be a painful experience.:)

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I knew a guy that came to my city to get a hair transplant and he told me it was extremely painful and they didn't treat him very well. If you go for it, be careful and choose a company with a good reputation rather than just going for cost. I think it works but personally I don't think the pain is worth it.

Jor-El

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Its not painful.maybe slightly uncomfortable for a bit.The needles at first is the worst part..after that,its more boring than anything else because its such a long procedure. Avoid the cheapo "hair mills".As with everything,you get what you pay for. if you are are going to do it,my advice is do it sooner,rather than later,the reasons being,the longer you leave it,the more hair you lose,the less your options are and the more it costs. Its one of the best things ul ever do

sid77

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey brothers,

Another thread mentioned this somewhat in passing (thanks to the brother that passed this information along), but I wanted to get more information.

First hand experience would obviously be preferable, but a close buddy's experience would be helpful too.

2. How did they do the surgery? Pull from existing hair on the back of your head or something else?

3. Was there a scar?

6. How much did it cost?

Thanks
I had one done and made a HUGE difference in my SMPV and confidence level. I couldnt recommend getting one done higher.

1. Dr. Barusco in Port Orange FL.

2. Went fine. No complaints

3. There is a scar. Its avg in width. Not huge but not invisible either.

4. Yes

5. Not really. No one has ever called me on it.

6. Approx 10k.

*** The only caveat Id say about Dr Barusco is a lot of the follicles didnt survive the procedure. So X number of graphs dont equate to that many surviving. This is not a simple cost of getting the procedure, some Dr's do a better job during the harvesting process and dont damage the roots. Some dont. That would be my biggest complaint about Dr Baruscos team.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Hey brothers,

3. Was there a scar?

6. How much did it cost?

Thanks
How bad is your hairline? Upload some pics

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just shave it off and call it a day. You'll never be totally happy with a transplant. Plus, they are not guaranteed, require a lot of upkeep and are very expensive.
That's the way I used to think too but upon further analysis, only the guys with chiseled faces and a good cranium can benefit from it. Otherwise, I'm going to guess you lose 1-2 points in smv.

Upkeep is a myth, especially now adays. I personally know 3 people that's had it for quite a few years now. They basically go in twice a year for touchups or checkups. It's true right after you get the procedure done, you have to use special shampoos and treatments for a few months to a year but otherwise very minimal after that.

Image doesn't really have a price for some and relative to how much one makes. It might be a difference between foregoing a couple vacations for some guys.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm planning to do it for the simple fact that my situation is not terrible, I would say 1000 units on my hair line alone would solve 90% of the problem.

In your case keep in mind that after a certain point you simply have not enough resources in your donor area to cover an empty head.

Jor-El

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just shave it off and call it a day. You'll never be totally happy with a transplant. Plus, they are not guaranteed, require a lot of upkeep and are very expensive.
Go to challenge this, they are expensive yes,but its a lifetime investment in yourself.You cant put a price on that....they do not require a lot of upkeep.In fact,thats the great thing,they dont require any.I mean,yes,in the early weeks,there is some ""upkeep" as in any surgical procedure.You have to baby it a bit until it beds in,use gentle shampoo`s,keep out of the sun,avoid lifting weights,but,this is literally until the scalp calms down again.3/4 weeks at most.After that,its normal hair,and you can cut it,dye it,style it,grow it,just as you would your ordinary hair.A wig requires a lifetime of attention...a HT requires a month.And looks infinetely better.Theres no comparison

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
+1

It sucks that not every dude pulls it off like beckham. Judge law is a example of what no hair and a funky head shape is like. No harm in doing it if it makes you happy and you can approach again. If it will legitimately ruin life, you can't get past it, sure, transplant it. Personally I would shave or buzz it.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Go to challenge this, they are expensive yes,but its a lifetime investment in yourself.You cant put a price on that....they do not require a lot of upkeep.In fact,thats the great thing,they dont require any.I mean,yes,in the early weeks,there is some ""upkeep" as in any surgical procedure.You have to baby it a bit until it beds in,use gentle shampoo`s,keep out of the sun,avoid lifting weights,but,this is literally until the scalp calms down again.3/4 weeks at most.After that,its normal hair,and you can cut it,dye it,style it,grow it,just as you would your ordinary hair.A wig requires a lifetime of attention...a HT requires a month.And looks infinetely better.Theres no comparison
I know dudes who've spent over 30k for transplants from the best rated docs in NYC. They have all had many issues and just had it removed, stopped treatment, shaved it off or left it alone. I can think of better things to do with 30k. Shaving one's head or a hat works really well. It might even give the dude some better style too.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
That's the way I used to think too but upon further analysis, only the guys with chiseled faces and a good cranium can benefit from it. Otherwise, I'm going to guess you lose 1-2 points in smv.

Upkeep is a myth, especially now adays. I personally know 3 people that's had it for quite a few years now. They basically go in twice a year for touchups or checkups. It's true right after you get the procedure done, you have to use special shampoos and treatments for a few months to a year but otherwise very minimal after that.

Image doesn't really have a price for some and relative to how much one makes. It might be a difference between foregoing a couple vacations for some guys.
If one it bald up at top with a horseshoe, it can hurt. However, if it's that far gone, just shave it off. Unless you're going to spend five figures +, it's going to be a challenge. If there are still hairs, you can try ultra light therapy and propecia. However, again, if it's that far gone, you're throwing money out the window. This is why I tell dudes as soon as you see thinning hair, get on some topical propecia and 15% minox. One can usually reverse it.

Not trying to beat up on you dude. Just trying not to blow smoke up your butt. Shave it off, see how it looks. If you are a little chubby in the face, cardio is the answer (along with dropping most carbs). If that doesn't work, hats are a great option. I think getting a free opinion from a hair club is also an option. However, it's very expensive. Try the free or low cost options first.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If one it bald up at top with a horseshoe, it can hurt. However, if it's that far gone, just shave it off. Unless you're going to spend five figures +, it's going to be a challenge. If there are still hairs, you can try ultra light therapy and propecia. However, again, if it's that far gone, you're throwing money out the window. This is why I tell dudes as soon as you see thinning hair, get on some topical propecia and 15% minox. One can usually reverse it.

Not trying to beat up on you dude. Just trying not to blow smoke up your butt. Shave it off, see how it looks. If you are a little chubby in the face, cardio is the answer (along with dropping most carbs). If that doesn't work, hats are a great option. I think getting a free opinion from a hair club is also an option. However, it's very expensive. Try the free or low cost options first.
I'm not disagreeing with what you say but everyone has their own preferences. Different strokes for different folks applies here.

Let me ask you, are you bald or thinning in anyway?

I often see people that aren't in certain situations and won't be, advocating things from an outside perspective that is different as they haven't experienced it to form a certain sensitivity or deeper thoughts around it. My $.02

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I'm not disagreeing with what you say but everyone has their own preferences. Different strokes for different folks applies here.

Let me ask you, are you bald or thinning in anyway?

I often see people that aren't in certain situations and won't be, advocating things from an outside perspective that is different as they haven't experienced it to form a certain sensitivity or deeper thoughts around it. My $.02
Yes, I was balding in the front and crown, both sides. I started using topical finasteride and 10% minox along with light therapy and a concentrated Vitamin E supplement. It took awhile, but I reversed 98% of it. I posted pics of me a while back. I also posted the items I used in order to successfully reverse the hair loss.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I was balding in the front and crown, both sides. I started using topical finasteride and 10% minox along with light therapy and a concentrated Vitamin E supplement. It took awhile, but I reversed 98% of it. I posted pics of me a while back. I also posted the items I used in order to successfully reverse the hair loss.
Man, lucky you. Can you post it again or post the link to it?
Also care to detail your methods for everyone else too?
Only thing with that is, don't you have to keep using it or you'll lose it?