FireOnTheMountain
Don Juan
- Joined
- Aug 13, 2007
- Messages
- 171
- Reaction score
- 3
These are good, but someof them take a lot more skill than I presently have. The more innuendo/direct ones need really good delivery for you not to sound like a creep.
You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.
Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.
Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.
Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.
Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.
She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.
Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.
So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.
The words come later. The impression comes first.
Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."
You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.
She's been waiting forty minutes.
Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.
dude....wtf?randomshinichi said:To a black girl (important, loses funny part if you say this to anybody else)
me: you know, talking to black people is seriously hard.
her: why?
me: it's hard to tell when they're facing you.
She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.
You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.
She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.
The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.
Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."
You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.
She's been waiting forty minutes.
Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.
Absolute gold right thereoldschooler said:After I catch a girl looking at me.
B: Do I have something on my face or are you just the staring kind? *Casual smiley face*.
G: No, no I wasn't staring at you. *Smiles interested*.
B: Happens all the time, don't feel bad.
G: So you tend to have that effect, huh?
B: Well, apparently on you.
G: *Laughs*, (I think she said unbelievable under her breath).
B: I know right, your lucky, I normally don't give future stalkers the time of day.
G: *Looks offended* (Thinks I had gone too far but maintains eye-contact smiling.)
G: What's your number?
B: 0, I like the number 0 and I'm willing to bet you do too.
G: I so hate you right now *smiling*.
B: You can't hate me we're family.
G: *Punches my arm*, sorry bro.
B: Hey incest isn't my thing but as long as you don't scream 'harder brother!', I'll deal with it.
G: Your sick, what's your name.
B: Speaking of screaming, sounds like you need a new name to scream out.
G: *Sarcastic tone* Your right, take me to the toilets and **** me like a slut.
B: I'm more of a long walks on the beach type guy.
G: *Looks at me intently* gonna give me your number.
B: No but you will give me yours.
G: Mutters unbelieveable.
*Gets number and walks off without saying goodbye*.
That night she calls proclaiming she got my number 'off a friend'.
B: Is that friend, friends with the phone book or?
G: *murmours*.
B: Your cute, meet me at X tomorrow at X. *hangs up*.
I went there an hour early because I had to do things there anyway and guess who had 'the same idea'.
She was easy, I don't know if that's C + F but it definetely would have been one of my most successful occasions, EVER.
You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.
And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.
Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.
The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.