"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Ex and best friend

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 1, 2018
Messages
953
Reaction score
690
Age
30
Or should I say ex best friend.

I broke up with my first ever girlfriend, with whom I had a relationship for 4 years, earlier this year. Obviously she meant a lot to me though given our history.

I knew that one off my high school friends was going to the same program as her for med school. And in dealing with the breakup, I developed the idea that maybe they'd get together. At the time, that was irrational because they hadn't interacted since high school, I had no reason to think that. I knew that. But I let them both know of my fear that would happen. They both assured me that was ridiculous (ha!)

Sure enough, he goes through a hard time with his work and they start studying together. Next thing I know, he's telling me he's been getting closer with her. I've known him for 7 years.

I cut ties with him unless he wanted to talk about making things right. He said that was hard to hear. Pff ... Should've thought if our friendship was worth getting with her.

I'm pissed. I was just getting better about the breakup situation. Trying to enjoy the holidays with my family before I go to school on the other side of the country.

I don't want to waste energy thinking about these two so my question is this; what kinds of things can I do to deal with this appropriately mentally but to get back to where I was as far as moving on? I'm thinking I'll get back into meditation as I've been meaning to for some time and if I find myself thinking about them then to go do something to improve myself and my well being.

What do you guys think? Any additional healing tips?

Thanks
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
7,175
Reaction score
5,571
You broke up. What does it matter who she sees? Is your ego so fragile that you can't accept that maybe he is better for her than you were? Is that why you are so upset about it?
 

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,755
Reaction score
9,953
They always say bro code dictates you don't date a friend's ex. But I've never really understood that. If you don't want her, what difference does it make who she dates?
 

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 1, 2018
Messages
953
Reaction score
690
Age
30
Fair points. But I'm not asking for you to evaluate the situation. I'm asking for your advice on how to best deal with the mental challenge of not letting it bother me.
 

Billtx49

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2013
Messages
5,989
Reaction score
5,410
Location
DFW
She’s now gone from your life, make him gone also and keep moving forward.
Realize that people are not always who you think they are in that process.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Spaz

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
8,337
Reaction score
6,878
Go talk to ur friend.

If he's true he will drop her. Because I would rather then lose a buddy.

If he doesn't then you drop him and keep to ur standard.
 

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 27, 2017
Messages
1,966
Reaction score
1,969
Age
39
If you're studying on the other side of the country, then you just need to move on from both of them and start a new life for yourself. You have that benefit. Erase them off social media and completely worry about yourself and what you're doing.
 

sosousage

Banned
Joined
Aug 22, 2017
Messages
3,547
Reaction score
1,219
Age
36
s
Or should I say ex best friend.

I broke up with my first ever girlfriend, with whom I had a relationship for 4 years, earlier this year. Obviously she meant a lot to me though given our history.

I knew that one off my high school friends was going to the same program as her for med school. And in dealing with the breakup, I developed the idea that maybe they'd get together. At the time, that was irrational because they hadn't interacted since high school, I had no reason to think that. I knew that. But I let them both know of my fear that would happen. They both assured me that was ridiculous (ha!)

Sure enough, he goes through a hard time with his work and they start studying together. Next thing I know, he's telling me he's been getting closer with her. I've known him for 7 years.

I cut ties with him unless he wanted to talk about making things right. He said that was hard to hear. Pff ... Should've thought if our friendship was worth getting with her.

I'm pissed. I was just getting better about the breakup situation. Trying to enjoy the holidays with my family before I go to school on the other side of the country.

I don't want to waste energy thinking about these two so my question is this; what kinds of things can I do to deal with this appropriately mentally but to get back to where I was as far as moving on? I'm thinking I'll get back into meditation as I've been meaning to for some time and if I find myself thinking about them then to go do something to improve myself and my well being.

What do you guys think? Any additional healing tips?

Thanks

she wants to fucc him its ogre op



RUN
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,755
Reaction score
9,953
I don't see why you can't just be happy that your friend and your ex found someone whose company they can enjoy. Again, you didn't want her, why do you care if someone else does? To me, that seems like the most positive attitude to have over it.

I don't see any betrayal here at all. Does everyone else need to stop their life just to please you?
 

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 1, 2018
Messages
953
Reaction score
690
Age
30
I don't see why you can't just be happy that your friend and your ex found someone whose company they can enjoy. Again, you didn't want her, why do you care if someone else does? To me, that seems like the most positive attitude t
I don't see any betrayal here at all. Does everyone else need to stop their life just to please you?
They can do what they want. Everyone's actions have consequences. Mine did. Theirs do. I don't have to agree with what they do or support it. Especially if it causes me pain. You're stuck on this. The point has been made, no need to keep beating a dead horse. I'm trying to deal with the pain. Convincing me that I shouldn't care because neither of them owe me anything and I should be happy for them is irrelevant. I'm aware of this point and understand it. But the fact is that I feel how I feel. Just as their decision wasn't about me, but still affected me; my decision isn't about them, and may or may not affect them - their problem not mine.

Thanks to everyone who offered helpful viewpoints. I'm just going to do whatever I need to do to move forward and forget about it. Continue improving my physical and mental health and making the most of my adventure in a new environment. I spent too much time being sad and broken this year, I'm not going to let this stop me from continuing to progress.

But we learn from it.

Be easy fellas. Happy holidays.
 

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,755
Reaction score
9,953
Convincing me that I shouldn't care because neither of them owe me anything and I should be happy for them is irrelevant
You're missing my point. I'm not attacking you, I'm saying adopting that point of view is the best way to cope with it. As you get older, you learn that people break up, it's painful but it's not the end of the world like it seems when you're younger. Acceptance is always a big part of healing.

The only other alternative is cut them both out of your life and let time heal all wounds. That's perfectly acceptable, but I think the other way allows for greater growth. But if you think the relationships are toxic, you don't have to spend time with them.
 

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 1, 2018
Messages
953
Reaction score
690
Age
30
You're missing my point. I'm not attacking you, I'm saying adopting that point of view is the best way to cope with it. As you get older, you learn that people break up, it's painful but it's not the end of the world like it seems when you're younger. Acceptance is always a big part of healing.

The only other alternative is cut them both out of your life and let time heal all wounds. That's perfectly acceptable, but I think the other way allows for greater growth. But if you think the relationships are toxic, you don't have to spend time with them.
Understood. Thanks for re-explaining. I've decided that right now I'm not ready for that. But I'm open to that changing in the future if it needs to. Meaning if we start to cross paths again somehow, I'll consider letting them be a part of my life. But right now, Im choosing to be selfish.
 

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 1, 2018
Messages
953
Reaction score
690
Age
30
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Top