Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Epic Friendzone Stories

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never looked her up. But saw her leave another bar with a tatted, shaved head dude months later. So she was probably correct about being into bad boys.
I have lived in big U.S. metro areas since college graduation more than 15 years ago. I've been in the same city now for 10 years. I rarely run into people I know randomly. So if I want to know what a random person I know is doing, social media pages are how I tend to find things out.

One benefit of living in bigger cities/metro areas is that you tend not to run people randomly. This is good when you don't want to see a woman after a bad interaction or a longer term relationship goes sour. I briefly dated a woman in a nearby apartment complex and saw her a couple of times after the fact. Then, I also had a bad interaction with someone in my gym and had to see her in the gym for a bit afterwards until she changed gyms. I even saw her in the grocery store. Biatch!

I can imagine a lot of men on this forum haven't been bad enough dudes to be the bad boy. Even though I score well in the 2 of the 3 dark triad traits, I don't give off an immediate bad boy vibe.

gabvfx

Don Juan
Reaction score
It was definitely a very mixed message.
Yep she said "Im into badboys" and told him to leave, if he was a badboy he wouldn't have left , instead, he chose to leave like a goodboy.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean during the pandemic my social bubble was really small and a bartender was inviting herself over to my house to f*** but that was just her crude way of stringing me along and keeping me around at the bar lol...pretty extreme.

I slept with one of my current friends and she friendzoned me to date women bc not straight, but it was somewhat mutual obviously.

Went on date with a woman that came up to my apartment at her own invitation. Beyond a sure thing. Made a move, nothing. Proceeded to try to use me for boring daytime dates and free professional services, which I flaked on totally.

Briefly escaped friend zone with friend, hooked up, no chemistry, back to friends while she immediately enters long term relationship (I mean like the next day). Later she says it could have worked between us, go figure, but ship has sailed.
Hell at least you’re getting sex! Most guys would have your experiences except get no sex.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure if it's a good thing or bad thing or we just aged out of that sort of stuff, but it seems like women don't really do stuff like this or try to cuddle buddy you or what not anymore. I view the lack of cuddle buddy stuff as women's total detachment from intimacy because even younger women don't do it, just fvck or AW online.
Maybe you don't look like the kind of guy that they could get away with it with. They know which guys they can manipulate.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Met a chick at a bar circa 2005. Went to her place for date 3.

Watched tv, played with the cat, ate pizza, and talked. She gets up to go change. Comes back with just a tshirt and panties on. Sits next to me. I move in closer. She pulls back and says:

“You’re everything I ever wanted in a guy, Mike. Even my cat loves you, and he hates everybody. But I’m into bad boys. You should leave now.”

I walked out and deleted her number from my (analog lol) phone.
sounds like that chic who came round mine in her pyjamas(after a date), she had no intention of sleeping with me, and knew all the body positions to lock me off from escalating after leading me on(she even knew how to angle her knee, so i couldnt get in close)

its quite amazing how they have low IQ but are professors of their trade.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got you all beat! I’ve been “family zoned” before. Friendzone doesn’t have sh!t on that!

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you sure she didn't want you to make a move? IF the mantra "watch what they do, don't listen to what they say" is true, she stripped to her panties and shirt then sat next to you.
I can give him some forgiveness for not knowing what to do then. If he had the right mentor or father figure, he would know to jump on that.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can give him some forgiveness for not knowing what to do then. If he had the right mentor or father figure, he would know to jump on that.
I didn't learn to push back with women giving me shiit until around age 30 or so. @Mike32ct got shiit from that woman about not being the bad boy. I lacked a good mentor and father figure.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see how the father figure is relevant. One can have the picture perfect father, but he could be of the provider mindset. Thus leading to bad advice. I agree with the mentor part.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't learn to push back with women giving me shiit until around age 30 or so. @Mike32ct got shiit from that woman about not being the bad boy. I lacked a good mentor and father figure.
I didn't either, so I'm not saying I did any better. I just know fathers earlier were more hardy with women which taught their boys to be more upfront with them. As our culture became feminized, it seems it affected how boys interact with girls to the degree that have them looking for people today to help with women.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see how the father figure is relevant. One can have the picture perfect father, but he could be of the provider mindset. Thus leading to bad advice. I agree with the mentor part.
You have a point because many early Millennial men (1982-1989 births) had Baby Boomer fathers who were good provider males who were appreciated by their wives. Boomers were the last generation where that happened. My cousins had that happen with my uncle.

My father did nothing for me in terms of training me for the 2000 and beyond mating market. I doubt he could have even if he had paid attention to being a father beyond having a job. I wasn't technically a statistic of a single mother household for most of my childhood because my parents didn't separate until I was 15. Due to my father not spending much time with me and my strained relationship with him, there are similarities in my upbringing to single motherhood.

There is a fatherhood crisis in the United States and other Western nations. Younger men are not being trained well. There are either absentee fathers or well meaning beta male provider fathers whose game is outdated. Both are bad for men. Both are why there are stories of the friend zone.

I got you all beat! I’ve been “family zoned” before. Friendzone doesn’t have sh!t on that!
What is that?

Last edited:

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have a point because many early Millennial men (1982-1989 births) had Baby Boomer fathers who were good provider males who were appreciated by their wives. Boomers were the last generation where that happened. My cousins had that happen with my uncle.

My father did nothing for me in terms of training me for the 2000 and beyond mating market. I doubt he could have even if he had paid attention to being a father beyond having a job. I wasn't technically a statistic of a single mother household for most of my childhood because my parents didn't separate until I was 15. Due to my father not spending much time with me and my strained relationship with him, there are similarities in my upbringing to single motherhood.

There is a fatherhood crisis in the United States and other Western nations. Younger men are not being trained well. There are either absentee fathers or well meaning beta male provider fathers whose game is outdated. Both are bad for men. Both are why there are stories of the friend zone.

What is that?
It’s when you’re so deep in the friendzone that you’ve become “like family” to her. Don’t ask me how you get there, I have no clue. Women have all these slots to put you in and you never know where you’re going to end up. It’s the same as “you’re like a brother to me” except she said “you’re like family”. I wanted to throw up. Women either think this is a compliment or they subconsciously say it as a way of letting you know you’re so ugly to her that you’ll never get out of the friendzone. I haven’t figured out which to be true.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s when you’re so deep in the friendzone that you’ve become “like family” to her. Don’t ask me how you get there, I have no clue. Women have all these slots to put you in and you never know where you’re going to end up. It’s the same as “you’re like a brother to me” except she said “you’re like family”. I wanted to throw up. Women either think this is a compliment or they subconsciously say it as a way of letting you know you’re so ugly to her that you’ll never get out of the friendzone. I haven’t figured out which to be true.
I do an amazing job avoiding the friend zone. I refuse to be slotted there. Or the family zone. I've probably lost social circle introductions as a result of avoiding the friend zone but I don't have any epic stories of bullshiit like this.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do an amazing job avoiding the friend zone. I refuse to be slotted there. Or the family zone. I've probably lost social circle introductions as a result of avoiding the friend zone but I don't have any epic stories of bullshiit like this.
You’re in the UK right? Friendzone seems like it’s popular in the US, I have yet to hear much about it from girls from other countries.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You’re in the UK right? Friendzone seems like it’s popular in the US, I have yet to hear much about it from girls from other countries.
I am in the US. That makes it an even bigger achievement to avoid the friend zone.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am in the US. That makes it an even bigger achievement to avoid the friend zone.
No sh!t! Wish I could say I’ve been as lucky but it’s gotten me twice lol

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sounds like that chic who came round mine in her pyjamas(after a date), she had no intention of sleeping with me, and knew all the body positions to lock me off from escalating after leading me on(she even knew how to angle her knee, so i couldnt get in close)

its quite amazing how they have low IQ but are professors of their trade.
They get plenty of practice at the subtle art of kok teasing.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is what you get if you spend too much time listening to a girl's BS, without making a move.

You have to put your hand on her knee and if she takes it away, its Friendzone. If she doesn't, it's incest.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is what you get if you spend too much time listening to a girl's BS, without making a move.

You have to put your hand on her knee and if she takes it away, its Friendzone. If she doesn't, it's incest.
I’ve never been friendzoned because I didn’t make a move, I’m proud to say that. Both times I’ve been friendzoned we went on a few dates and then they stuck me in it. We’d kiss but they’d never let me go further, or they’d make it impossible for me to go further basically. But then when they’d Friendzone me they’d keep wanting all the attention and to still hangout all the time and stuff so I’d just fall deeper and deeper into it. both girls knew exactly how I felt, they just either dismissed it or they’d say “not looking for a relationship right now”.

isasda66

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was friendzoned. We were both sober, madeout but too much LMR. Got the usual ljbf a day or 2 later. I said fvck it. Had just found TRP and SS. Gave her 1 word answers. Ignored her, didnt reach out at all. She invited me out to something and I was cold to her. Received a long@ss message rivaling the length of a novel. Just gave a 3-5 word reply. Few weeks later she tried to invite me out again. Sent her a screenshot of my confirmed date with a new piece.
Suddenly her chasing became rabid. Preselection, it works.
Anyways after some 3-4 weeks met up with her since she was chasing non-stop. Again got LMR but thirsty me gave her a second chance and then finally sealed the deal. Weirdly I couldnt see her for anything more even though earlier she was a one-itis. Kept her in the rotation for almost a year. She then avoided confirming dates so I ghosted her.
Initially I missed her but like the advice here got fixated on another girl and that fixed it. Got another plate to have my rotation spinning.