Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ego: Is it good or is it bad

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ego is a big part of Masculinity it seems, but I've also heard that good things can come from completely letting it go

Thoughts?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Neither good nor bad.

Just something that exists and has an evolutionary purpose, but can get in the way of certain goals. My life is more peaceful the less effect my ego has on me. Or maybe, the more I recognize it and don't act impulsively on it.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ego is a big part of Masculinity it seems, but I've also heard that good things can come from completely letting it go

Thoughts?
Isn't Ego literally your sense of who you are? Your self-concept. So you can't really let it go because you will always have some idea of who you are. The problem is when there is a big gulf between who you really are and who you imagine or present yourself to be.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Neither. It depends on if you are in control of it or if you let it control you.

It's like asking is water good or bad. It depends on the context and situation. If you are caught in a Flash flood, it isn't so good. If you are drinking it from a cup to quench your thirst it's good.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Thoughts?
If you're interested in this subject, try watching the film Revolver. It really explores this issue in an unusual way.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesn't matter, you can't get rid of ego, it doesn't actually exist, and people who claim to have removed their ego actually have more of an ego than anyone else. Letting it go, in the sense of not being attached to your sense of identity, is ideal, but that doesn't necessarily have much of an impact on your success with women.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
It's more a question of which one fits your personality and which one you can use properly to good effect.

1. A big ego guy (done right) can use his grand self image to propel him to success, i.e. be fiercely competitive to try his best to live up to that image.

2. A small ego guy (done right) will be super humble, potentially downplay his ability and thus overprepare which can also lead to success.

I personally lean more towards #2.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's more a question of which one fits your personality and which one you can use properly to good effect.

1. A big ego guy (done right) can use his grand self image to propel him to success, i.e. be fiercely competitive to try his best to live up to that image.

2. A small ego guy (done right) will be super humble, potentially downplay his ability and thus overprepare which can also lead to success.

Too "small" of an ego won't sell himself or speak up, he won't seek credit where it's due, and eventually will be "stolen from" or "used" to prop up a "bigger ego" person.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Thoughts?
Too much of anything can be good or bad. Likely, what provokes you to game is ego but prior to learning, you can resort to ego in cowardly fashion.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having an ego equates to being a slave to outside variables.
When your ego is active, your self-worth is not defined by you, but instead you are measuring your worth - by comparison to others.

That... which you give the opportunity to feel good about yourself, also has the same power to make you feel bad about yourself.
Why breathe life into something like that?

Last edited:

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having an ego equates to being a slave to outside variables.
When your ego is active, your self-worth is not defined by you, but instead you are measuring your worth - by comparison to others.

That... which you give the opportunity to feel good about yourself, also has the same power to make you feel bad about yourself.
Why breathe life into something like that?
I didn't feel "ego" necessarily had to dealing others viewpoints and upholding an artificially increased "rep". But if ego and "self image " are two separate entities then I stand corrected. I felt ego and "self image " at least had some overlap.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Thoughts?
i think that women have a higher ego than men in general , so I would not say thst Having an ego makes you masculine

now , having an ego can be a good or a bad thing . Depends on how you use it

having an ego to not back down when you learn new things , or till you master something , it is a good ego

having an ego and thinking that everyone should kiss your balls without really having a powerful reason , that is a bad ego

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your ego is who you are, you can't get rid of it and you shouldn't.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your ego is who you are, you can't get rid of it and you shouldn't.
you should try to train your ego on the good stuff , as this will help you down the line , otherwise it can also make a lot of problems

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't feel "ego" necessarily had to dealing others viewpoints and upholding an artificially increased "rep". But if ego and "self image " are two separate entities then I stand corrected. I felt ego and "self image " at least had some overlap.
Just to give a personal example; if I get repped for a particular posting, it's nice to see that it was appreciated.
However, I also know in advance that some of my postings (when I weigh heavy on negative behaviors demonstrated by some old-timers here) well... I know in advance that these are going to get zero repp'ed. Because I'm not dependent on the approval of others here, I say what I think. Some people like it and some people don't.

A person of ego might think.... oh I want to keep my postings to rep numbers looking good and so I'll only post 'popular' things.
For instance; you'll see several members that are unoriginal, and mainly re-hash things that they read in pick up books (attempting to pass this off as their own advice) . They are probably after rep points because it feeds their ego.

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you should try to train your ego on the good stuff , as this will help you down the line , otherwise it can also make a lot of problems
Ofcourse you need to draw the line in everything but ego is just peoples nature, something withing everyone. The difference is someone is egoistic to the core yet someone not so much

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

I have always believed that if you are truly worth the praise it will come from others of their own free will and not from yourself.