Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Effects of Sex and the City

sensible juan

Banned
Reaction score
One sided post! lacking substance, what the heck is sex and the city if you dont know, this forum is global. Quite a number of Don juans from china to pueto rico down to Africa and up to even Tibet .Think global and stop feeding every one here with your American junk.

For the fact that this forum is free doesn't mean you should clogg our database with junks.I know if you need to pay to be here you wont have show your cheap face.Be creative kiddo juan.

-Sensible Juan

Don Juanabbe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by sensible juan
One sided post! lacking substance, what the heck is sex and the city if you dont know, this forum is global. Quite a number of Don juans from china to pueto rico down to Africa and up to even Tibet .Think global and stop feeding every one here with your American junk.

For the fact that this forum is free doesn't mean you should clogg our database with junks.I know if you need to pay to be here you wont have show your cheap face.Be creative kiddo juan.

-Sensible Juan
Sensible -

Yes - it's an American television show, we have it in Canada, it is also shown in Australia, Britain, Ireland, South Africa. I think that is global enough.

Count yourself lucky you haven't seen it. It is relevant to the board though, given how much discussion there is about the anti-male crap out there.

Austin mentioned Friends - now that one makes me sick - the three characters - Ross is a wimp whom I'd like to b*tch-slap, Joey is a retards, and the other guy is a neurotic.

Granted, they don't exactly paint the girls in a very good light either.

DonCruez

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi

And really, what is on TV for the 'average' male to watch other than sports? I would challenge anyone on this BBS to give me one example of a male character on TV today that exhibits a fraction of masculinity that is portrayed as being a positive trait. .
I don't watch a lot of TV, but surely "The Shield" has some male rolemodel in it?

Don Juanabbe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Problem is, there aren't any real men in Hollywood that aren't pussies. Aside from maybe Russell Crowe and Mel Gibson.

tatlongxxx

Don Juan
Reaction score
ei..

SEX AND THE CITY MAKE WOMEN TO BE SLUT$.

It will develop their selfishness... and be fücked by anyone they want.... Spread STD virus.....

Honestly speaking, the true objective of this tv show is that "being a woman is the same as being a man"

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Originally posted by DonCruez

And really, what is on TV for the 'average' male to watch other than sports? I would challenge anyone on this BBS to give me one example of a male character on TV today that exhibits a fraction of masculinity that is portrayed as being a positive trait. .
The character of Dr. Christian Troy on Nip/Tuck is THE Alpha male prototype.

Any guy that can persuade a woman to wear a paper bag over her head while getting drilled from behind and knows he has the option to do it and relish it, well, That's my kinda guy.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the media is about one thing and one thing only.... appealing to people's base emotional nature.

so sex and the city plays to womens desires to see life as one never ending soap opera. girl gets guy, girl falls for other guy, girl finds out first guy is gay, girl has threesome with 2 gay guys, second guy can't have sex because he just had a vasectomy, girl doesn't know what ot do, sleep with gay guys or limp **** strasight guy, girl finds out her father was a cross dresser, girl experiments with lesbian...

blah blah blah blah.

f*ck tv guys. tv is a total waste of your time. everything on tv is geared to lull you into NOT improving your own life.

sex and city btw, i think, its just a night time version of the soap operas that are on in the day time. its absolute trash. Same goes for desperate housewives.

the only thing that just shocks me is that idiot women (and men who regularly watch) actually beleive this sh*t has only one degree of seperation from reality.

GIVE ME A BREAK. it's as far from reality as you could possibly imagine (for most people).

J

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
That's a rather pessimistic POV don't you think?

You can't honestly tell me that Maury's paternity test shows don't have sociopathic benefit to our fellow man can you?

True most television is absolute crap and geared strictly for our dollars but I think it can be used as a tool for knowledge as well.

I know I'm "1000% sure I ain't the baby daddy!"

JackPrescott

Banned
Reaction score
"Sex and the City" tries (desperatley) to empower women BECAUSE of their sexuality, and really, really plays up "Pu$$y Power" which really does exist. Carrie Bradshaw is built like a 19 year old, and has $$$ and lives in Upper Manhattan, and dresses like a fashion model, and f**ks who when and how she wants, and young women see this, and idolize them, imagine a show where the tables were turned, and it showed single men in NYC using women! The ladies would despise it. Kim Cattrall is hot for an old woman, but at this stage, all she is good for is a one night stand, she cannot compete with younger women anymore, and the same for Sarah Jessica Parker, in real life, a Carrie Bradshaw would be upstaged by the younger women in NYC. Put the ladies of "Sex in the City" in a tropical setting with a bunch of young 20 year old women, and all of a sudden, the men arent paying attention to the old bags.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by insomniac
This gives me an idea: Maybe one should study all the episodes...then behave in a manner similar to the male characters the female fans find appealing. Then they can say "Oh, he's so like <insert male character> on Sex!" (it happens!). Give them the drama they so desire...hehe.
Haha....I bought my last g/f several of the DVD's for borthday and Christmas and such. I had the "pleasure" of watching a couple times with her and have to say that I can easily see why women like the show.

But back to why I responded......my ex compared me to the Mr Big guy several times....lol.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another thing I have noticed is that chicks I know that watch that show have started to do the whole nickname thing with their "guy toys". One girl I know calls her guy "The Brazillian", and tells me how she always has to tell him that she wants to keep having sex with him but she doesn't want a relationship.

Another interesting note is that her guy is like ten years younger and I think she gets off on the fact. Come to think of it I met this chick at a bar a couple of weeks ago that after only one or two sentences she blurts out (completely out of context) "I have a boyfriend!" I said, "Reeeeaaallllyy....." Then she proceeds to explain that she is 36 and he is only 23 like this is some sort of trophy. I'm like "Good for you!" and made my exit.

I think these types of shows play up to that mentality.

Kid Quick

Don Juan
Reaction score
Defenders of Sex and the City say it is simply a reflection of sex and dating in modern society. However for many gullible young women it is a road map for how they should deal with men. I think Manhattan women look at the show with a jaundiced eye as the women's fashions and behavior are way out of line with reality. However many women outside of NYC see the lifestyles of these women as something to aspire to.

The show was created by a gay man and appears to be his off the wall Manhattan fantasy.

Alicorn

Banned
Reaction score
And really, what is on TV for the 'average' male to watch other than sports? I would challenge anyone on this BBS to give me one example of a male character on TV today that exhibits a fraction of masculinity that is portrayed as being a positive trait.
Commander Adama of Battlestar Galactica.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
was I the only one that caught that godawful Dr. Phil teaching women how to attract men on his show today? Apparently he has his own version of "The Rules".

I dvr'ed it and will critique and post in a follow up when I get home tonite.

He is queen AFC . . . Pure whitebread

ElChoclo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes Sex in the City is crud. So is most of the Americano stuff which we get in Australia. Part of the problem is that it is always centred around some sort of go getter who is as far removed from hum drum life that their problems could only be experienced by the privileged few.

What does Carrie Bradshaw have in common with your average Jane Doe (living as you do in the land of minimum wage). I think it unlikely that she or her friends would be wandering around with all this angst. They would have all been matched off to an appropriate male of the same social status.

Shows like this are probably the biggest reason why Muslims have it in for your culture. Here is my list of shows which I don't like (not comprehensive or ranked)

1 Friends
2 Sex in the City
3 King of Queens (This is particularly demeaning to working class men)
4 Everybody Loves Raymond (Why is Frank married to Marie still)

There would be others. In fact, Everybody Loves Raymond is a particularly bad show. It teaches men that they can live with a woman for 30 years, telling her that they can't stand her, like Frank does, and that somehow their marriage will remain intact if they occasionally, begrudgingly say that they love her)

BTW we had a TV ad here recently which showed a woman confronting a man for putting his rocker cover in the dishwasher. She then hits him on the head with a spanner. At the same time, the Federal Government was running ads showing women complaining about violence from men and giving a number to call!

If you can get it, I would suggest obtaining Manchild (1 season 8 part English comedy about 4 friends, 2 divorced one never married, one unhappily married.)

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why complain?

These shows that portray men as groveling doormats only make it better for those of us who aren't.

Why complain when you look better by contrast?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This thread was originally posted soon after Sex and the City's original HBO run ended in 2004. Sex and the City originally aired on HBO from 1998-2004. Since 2004, there have been 2 Sex and the City movies, a prequel series, and now a reboot airing on an HBO streaming service.

I think the show had a long lasting effect, and it spawned HBO's "Girls" of the 2010s. "Girls" was more reflective of women of the Millennial generation, whereas Sex and the City was more reflective of women who were late Boomers/early Gen X'ers. I am an early Millennial and some of the earlier Millennial women I've dated over time have watched it, but more of them watched it on DVD/streaming after the original run ended.

Sex and the City aired before swipe apps, social media, and smartphones. Online dating websites existed while Sex and the City was airing but hadn't fully gone mainstream yet. By today's standards, those women's methods of meeting men would be somewhat outdated.

2rings

Banned
Reaction score
The sex and the city house is a tourist attraction.
It is located in Manhattan on perry street, which is a leafy and monied street in the neighborhood of West Village. The house is an attraction but someone lives there now.
People still line up outside to have their photos taken at the entrance
I think its even on google maps as the sex and the city house

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi SW15,
Thanks for that,loved Rollos post,You say the methods of the Day were "somewhat outdated",maybe so,but far more reliable.