Eating Healthy is Hard

Upside

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
For the past 3 weeks I have been making a more committed attempt to eating healthier. Cereal, sandwiches, bagels, good meat and not the fried ****. You have no idea how bad I want to get a good ole' burger and fries with coke. Here I am with a sandwich I can barely down drinking lemonade. I do love lemonade though :rock:

I am already a fit dude. I am not overweight. If anything I can gain 10 or so pounds to get a little bigger. I am not enjoying food as much as I used to compared to when I was eating pizza rolls and fried chicken. Is this something I need to adapt to in order to de-program years of eating like a fatass?

bluehanger

Reaction score
You'll get used to it, and you'll feel better all over. My new years resolution was no more fried food. Now whenever I see a piece of fried chicken I find the greasy, artery-clogging skin disgusting. Good luck! :rockon:

Reaction score
The easiest way to start is to cut one item from your diet at a time.

For myself I started with:

1. Soda
2. Candy
3. Cake
4. You get the idea

That way I still have some freedom in what I eat, such as eating at Chipotle.

Last edited:

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No it isn't. Quit your whining.

If your food tastes bad put some money in spices and pick up some recipe books.

prairiedog24

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think so. I buy Quinoa and Scottish oats by the pound. It's dirt cheap, super healthy, and takes two minutes to cook. It's plain, but it doesn't taste bad at least. Throw in meals with meat, veggies, and fruit and you're on a great rotation.

Lemonade is terrible for you btw. All that sugar is worse than a bit of extra fat.

Upside

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
prairiedog24 said:
Lemonade is terrible for you btw. All that sugar is worse than a bit of extra fat.
Really? Figured freshly squeezed wouldn't have all that sugar in it.

Alle_Gory said:
No it isn't. Quit your whining.
You're right. But with my diet the past few years it sure isn't easy.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Upside said:
Really? Figured freshly squeezed wouldn't have all that sugar in it.
Lemonade:

water
sugar
lemons

You're right. But with my diet the past few years it sure isn't easy.
Keep at it. You'll get used to it. Make the change slow so you can avoid slipping back into that.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Upside said:
For the past 3 weeks I have been making a more committed attempt to eating healthier. Cereal, sandwiches, bagels, good meat and not the fried ****. You have no idea how bad I want to get a good ole' burger and fries with coke. Here I am with a sandwich I can barely down drinking lemonade. I do love lemonade though :rock:

I am already a fit dude. I am not overweight. If anything I can gain 10 or so pounds to get a little bigger. I am not enjoying food as much as I used to compared to when I was eating pizza rolls and fried chicken. Is this something I need to adapt to in order to de-program years of eating like a fatass?
You think cereal, sandwiches, bagels and lemonade is "eating healthy"?

:crackup:

MSwrestler

Don Juan
Reaction score
In the begining I agree it is not easy, but after you formed the healthy habit you will notice you will feel much better, lighter and more energetic. Youll wonder why you ever ate junk food in the first place.

My tip is learn how to cook well. I cook amazing good healthy foods, you can take advice from women.. thats how I learned to cook.

bukowski_merit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
I strongly suggest that you research what other people with lean, muscular physiques are eating...you're going to be hard pressed to find many such people who eat cereal and bagels...
im 175, and ripped (been doing max-ot or p90x for over a year/rotation between the two).... and i eat grapenuts and kashi... although im not sure if they qualify as cereal or crunchy cardboard :)

i barely get any enjoyment out of eating anymore... even spices and recipes dont do anything for me, so i just stick with the basics (normally elected to eat whatever is easy to make)... i do make my own sickenin healthy ketchup though and put it on EVERYTHING! that helps some... but im even tired of ketchup...

i also give myself a cheat meal here and there but make sure i keep it in proportion...