Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Easy DIY electrolyte drink on keto?

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone here knows how can I make a easy electrolyte drink with easy ingredients? I've saw some but I never tried it and it seems it helps give more energy while on keto.

I tried a shot of Apple vinegar + lemon + 1/2 tbs of salt. Is it enough?

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do 20-ounce bottles about 4-a day.

Small pinch of potassium bicarbonate. (Amazon)
Same of Epsom salt.
Same of baking soda.
Small splash of concentrated lemon/lime juice.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do 20-ounce bottles about 4-a day.

Small pinch of potassium bicarbonate. (Amazon)
Same of Epsom salt.
Same of baking soda.
Small splash of concentrated lemon/lime juice.
Did it help feeling more energized? Cause they say the main reason of feeling tired on keto is not having enough electrolytes... And Im feeling tired most of times.

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NO.. My homeopathic lady friend found out how much water I try to guzzle and said "do this" something about
That much water flushes out minerals. So I just do as I'm told.

EDIT: I only eat once a day for life, accept holidays/partys and very little carbs. If that helps.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Also unless you are a pro athlete or training for marathons or something where you are sweating buckets, it's pretty unnecessary. Most people think they train much harder than they actually do.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NO.. My homeopathic lady friend found out how much water I try to guzzle and said "do this" something about

EDIT: I only eat once a day for life, accept holidays/partys and very little carbs. If that helps.

Thats interesting man! Gonna try to follow this too.

Thanks!

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pickle juice is one of the best...pro athletes use many times instead of Gatorade or sports drinks.
Never heard about that... Gonna check if I can find it in my town.

Also about not needing those things, thats a good point too. Maybe I can have those things only when I go out for running or something more intense. And do not drink.it everyday.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Take about 2000mg of iodized salt and 1000mg of potassium (salt subtitute) and about 200mg of magnesium glycinate with lots of water.

Last edited:

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

If you drink a lot of water you flush out electrolytes (sodium especially). Drinking too much water actually makes you less hydrated. Optimal hydration = electrolytes + a bit of water.

Also another fun fact: if you're lost at sea and have fresh water, it's far better to mix the fresh water with sea water than just fresh water. You Something like 60/40 sea/fresh. May even be closer to 70/30. I would need to check this, but you could probably survive on rather small amounts of water per day for weeks on end if you have some salt and potassium.

Last edited:

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never heard about that... Gonna check if I can find it in my town.
Pickle juice is not a separate product, it's just actual pickle juice from pickles. I like "Dill" I would keep an old school
35-mm plastic film container with the juice for only when or if it was needed. Kept in my Fanny-Pack that held tools.
But we only knew it to cure cramping in the summer. Never thought about its other benefits.

Last edited:

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you drink a lot of water you flush out electrolytes (sodium especially). Drinking too much water actually makes you less hydrated. Optimal hydration = electrolytes + a bit of water.

Also another fun fact: if you're lost at sea and have fresh water, it's far better to mix the fresh water with sea water than just fresh water. You Something like 60/40 sea/fresh. May even be closer to 70/30. I would need to check this, but you could probably survive on rather small amounts of water per day for weeks on end if you have some salt and potassium.
You seem to know a lot about electrolytes so I'll take your opinion and then some google. I drink tons of coffee and tea and p1ss a decent amount throughout the day. After reading your post and doing some quick lazy googling, I'm finding out that the diuretic effects of these two might lead to loss of electrolytes. What's your take on this? Should I start adding some pink himalayan salt to my coffee?

daniellemill

Reaction score
I also love Pickle juice! But I did not expect that it has such wonderful properties!

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You seem to know a lot about electrolytes so I'll take your opinion and then some google. I drink tons of coffee and tea and p1ss a decent amount throughout the day. After reading your post and doing some quick lazy googling, I'm finding out that the diuretic effects of these two might lead to loss of electrolytes. What's your take on this? Should I start adding some pink himalayan salt to my coffee?
Drink less water. I only drink when I'm thirsty. This whole "stay hydrated" meme is a result of marketing hype to sell sports drinks and bottled water.

I would also recommend adding about 1000-2000 mg of sodium and 1000 mg of potassium to a glass of water as well, but you can add 2-3x that amount of you take it with meals. Taking a lot on an empty stomach all at once can be dangerous.

Don't be afraid of sodium, it's better to have too much than too little. The dietary guidelines on salt are incorrect.