Earrings on guys

green69

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was talking to a girl today who I have been hanging out with lately. I can't remember the exact words but we were talking about impressions, and stereotypes and such so I asked her what her first impression of me was. As a little preface...I am very innocent looking a lot of girls tell me they thought I was a 'nice guy' even before they met me. However, the past 6 months or so I have been sporting a cubic zirconia earring.

The most important thing she said about her first impression was that she kept looking at my earring, trying to figure out it's meaning. She had thoughts going through her head like "is he a player?" "is he a gangster?" and it sounded like by simply wearing an earring it gave me an edge of some sort. Ordinarily I am a 'nice looking' guy but you throw on and $2 earring from the jewelry store and suddenly I seem very mysterious and novel. So my point is, if you're young and can pull off the earring look...get one. It only adds to your persona and mystique. That is all.

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just some advice.. ditch that gaudy fake looking zarconia that everyone knows isnt real, and either get a real diamond and a loop earring.

WaRpEd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha, yea yea, I used to have the earing thing going on. It always got mixed responses. And like splinterkb said, alot people can tell if its fake (they could when I wore fake stuff atleast). IF you can afford it might want to look into something a little nicer while you still have your ears pierced. Mix it up a bit, get a few things in your collection. And don't be afraid to grow out of it a few years later...hmmmm I wonder if I still have holes in my ears.

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
snowdog said:
Don't get an earring, it's f*cking gay and stupid.
You're just upset because you don't have enough style to pull one off. Too bad.

snowdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, i don't want to wear them because
1) I'm not gay
2) I don't need that bullsh*t to look good
3) I don't have a dumb enough natural expression on my face that goes with them 99% of the time

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
snowdog said:
Don't get an earring, it's f*cking gay and stupid.
LOL ! I don't think I could have said it any better myself.

Truthfully, I think a lot of you are going to look back on all the crap u wrote on these forums in the future, and say to yourself, "did i really say that crap ? Did i really want to do that ONLY to meet women"

And then you all will laugh at how bloody stupid u sound. Trust me.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Once again the conservative nature of the individuals on the board rears its dumbass head. This isnt the 1950s.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have both my ears pierced. Didn't do it to get girls, did it cause I wanted to. Has it helped get girls? Who knows. Have I gotten compliments from them on how the diamond studs (the smaller ones, not the giant "I'm a rapper/gangster/basketball player" ones) looks damn good on me.

Don't do something to get girls. Do something cause you want to. The people on here who go "man, that's gay as hell!" are hilarious. Go ahead, keep talking sh*t while I'm out there having chicks suck on my ears because they like the feeling of my earrings on their tounge.

DoctorLW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
To start I am also of the opinion that guys shouldn't wear earrings because they look stupid on guys.

However, the main reason not to wear one is that it looks unprofessional. I bet most of the guys here who wear earrings are in high school or college, where you might be able to pull it off, but it still looks stupid to the majority of people.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This site is a social psychologist dream. Where the attitudes are most likely incongruent with the behavior...cognitive dissonance runs amuck. This site is turning into garbage.

Unprez

Don Juan
Reaction score
it depends on the girls too...some girls like it some dont, some girl like guys who have nose rings or eyebrow rings or tongue for god's sakes ... like the guy said do it only if u like it cuz its not always gonna work in ur favour......

Faded Image

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In Motion said:
That basically sums up everything to be said on the subject and everything there ever will need to be said.
This thread is about guys wearing earrings.. soo yes both women and men wear earrings. How is it any different if a guy wears a necklace? Its a piece of jewelry that women wear.. the only difference is you don't need to stab a hole through your ear to wear one. A necklace is also a lot more noticeable than an earring.. so wouldn't that make a neckalce even more gay?

If you watch sports... mainly football.. do you know how many players have giant earrings? They are not women, but giant alpha males that could probably pick you up with 1 hand.

Crazy Asian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
have you ever seen an asian with an earring?
that would be weird..... maybe i should try :D