Driving Drunk

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Been hit head on by a drunk driver, who then tried to run. My vehicle was so badly damaged, the place it was towed to assumed it was a fatal accident. Luckily, I only had minor injuries.

If you drive drunk, to me, you are one of the most worthless people in the world. Especially in this day with Uber, Lyft, friends, taxis, public transit, walking, ect.
Yeah, I feel you. I had actually never used Uber before this weekend but it’s very quality

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
What about people who text and drive? Use pills? Play with the radio and don't pay attention? Lots of things cause accidents.
Alcohol is a toxin. Once u hv digested too much your body will attempt to remove excess toxins by inducing vomit - a sure fire sign that u r drunk.

The toxins will impair ur brain and body functions, ur general reaction time 2 ur surroundings and ability to make split second judgement calls is compromised.

It's okay if you drive and die, that's ur choice but don't make it a choice for other road users, plenty has already died innocently and it's avoidable.

I'm rarely drunk but if I am, i choose 2 be responsible by taking uber back home or if I'm dirt poor I'll just book a room at Hilton and ask for a chauffeur.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
I used to do it all the time. I
Sometimes I'd have to close one eye and focus on thw white line and I'd be fine.
One eye is closed and the other eye is focused on the white line. That's very wise of you Soflobro.

You're got a 3rd eye watching everything else on the road or crossing the road?

logicallefty

Reaction score
I did it back in my big party days but not anymore. No way never ever ever now. I go to bars and have just as good of a time drinking Diet Coke and being the DD for others . Then drink my al-key-haul when I get home.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are intentionally driving drunk, and repeatedly doing this..

Then I rather see you lose control of your car at high speed, hit a fukin tree, eject out of the front windscreen and immediately be killed.

I rather see this... Than have you hit a car with a family of mum, dad, and two little children in it.

Your a potential MURDERER.. Sooner you are off the roads, the better!

TheVirtualMind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What about people who text and drive? Use pills? Play with the radio and don't pay attention? Lots of things cause accidents.
Pill users too. Texting and driving and playing with the radio while not paying attention? Yeah, you suck if you do that while driving and don't pay attention to stuff. Do it at a light if you have to.

But none of these things are ok and one isn't exactly better than the other.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pill users too. Texting and driving and playing with the radio while not paying attention? Yeah, you suck if you do that while driving and don't pay attention to stuff. Do it at a light if you have to.

But none of these things are ok and one isn't exactly better than the other.
The number one source of income for my county is "fines and fees," and the bulk of that comes from DUI. You are quick to judge the people who fund the government.

TheVirtualMind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The number one source of income for my county is "fines and fees," and the bulk of that comes from DUI. You are quick to judge the people who fund the government.
So, because the people that decide to drive drunk and then get caught are fined, and your county makes their money from it, I shouldn't be against their behavior? Especially based on personal experiences with those people?

Your county gets the bulk of their money because people make a very stupid decision. That doesn't make their behavior acceptable, "cool," or beyond repute.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
I forgot to mention this. Usually taxi companies have a designated driver service. That is when you call them, tell them you need a designated driver, and two taxis come in, one taxi goes to your destination location to pick up the driver, and the other taxi goes to your location, leaves his car, and drives you home on your car. This way you pay for two taxis and a fee. Call them up and ask them if they have a designated driver service.

marvinlfloresq

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you all do it at all? A lot of my friends will drink at parties, and then drive immediately afterwards. I never was the greatest driver, and I just don’t think I could do that, honestly. I’d end up wrecking and ending my life. I mean, are any of you guys capable of actually doing this?
I unfortunately have. I been beyond whats normal, even with weed in my system. Most my friends did it too, but today if I feel I can't then I wont.

Since you asked, then that means you cant and better not to. Its not that your driving is bad, but impaired driving will make it difficult to react in time due to some idiot who cant drive. Just use Uber. Be safe. Oh, and those dwi test are not fun...... i had 1 and it sober me up real quick. Best not to do it.