Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dress clothing - the secret weapon

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its disgusting how many looks i get when wearing a combination of dress shoes, pants and shirt. When i'm walking down the street, almost every girl worth noticing is actually checking me out in return.

I went out wearing Diesel jeans and a t-shirt a couple of times and the level of interest died down greatly. Even though those jeans cost as much as two entire dress outfits, they don't get you noticed because everyone else is wearing jeans too.

Funny thing is that it also attracts all kinds of women, from sweethearts to bad girls, and for different reasons. The sweethearts think it looks "nice," the bad girls (highschool / college party girls) dig it because it makes a young guy look more like a man than a boy, as a pair of jeans would. It also makes him look powerful and successful, and all women love that.

So there you have it guys. Try it out and you'll see what i mean. Put on a nice gold chain and unbutton the few top buttons, and make sure you've got a nice tan and a hairless chest. And get the colors right - absolutely no work-type dress clothing - NO grey pants, striped shirts, no white anything, etc.

For an absolutely killer combination, pull off an all-beige look. This is absolutely the best outfit i've ever worn when it comes to getting women. I've been approached several times recently, and every single time i was wearing all-beige. Women LOVE beige. I don't know why, they just do.

On_the_Top

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So you want people to wear gold chains and polyester lesiure suits like in Scarface?

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, if you just tuck your shirt in, the number of looks you get doubles. I was amazed. Lots of girls give you that, "I want to **** you right now look."

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Work clothing got me alot of looks yesterday, but I stood out, I was on a college campus.

I'm not sure I I could do the all beige thing. I do like beige, but I like to contrast my shirt and pants (sounding too much like a gay fashion designer now!)

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Krassus, I totally agree with you. I rarely go outside of the house without a dress shirt on. however....

Charcoal pants are fine, they're actually much better looking than black, which is too somber.

Striped dress shirts are great, so long as you're doing it right. Thin vertical stripes work wonders, so long as they're all tertiary colors. And most pople can tell a cheap shirt from a high quality shirt...it's worth it to buy quality in this case.

Most importantly, WEAR GOOD SHOES. Shoes make or break the outfit. Pay a few hundred bucks for a pair of shoes...when taken care of, a QUALITY pair of shoes will last you 10 years. (Kenneth Cole and Sketchers aren't quality)

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, if you just tuck your shirt in, the number of looks you get doubles. I was amazed. Lots of girls give you that, "I want to **** you right now look."
Man... exactly!

Most importantly, WEAR GOOD SHOES. Shoes make or break the outfit. Pay a few hundred bucks for a pair of shoes...when taken care of, a QUALITY pair of shoes will last you 10 years. (Kenneth Cole and Sketchers aren't quality)
I just got some boots for the fall/winter, but i'll definitely invest in a good pair of shoes in the spring.

vdk

Don Juan
Reaction score
if you are tucking in your shirt you MUST wear a belt that matches your shoe color. Dont get the boring old belts 30-somethings wear, go to a trendy store and buy one from there.

For pants/slacks, get striped if your getting black since plain black is boring. Futhermore, vertical lines on pants make you look taller.

As for dress shirt try something unique. Everyone seems to wear the same virtical line shirts, the only difference is the colors. Try on shirts with different patterns.

Then top it off with nice shades and good non-gelled hair style (use moulding paste, promade or wax).

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The moral of the story.......women want guys who "look" like they have $$$$$$$$$.

They're not looking at what brand name jeans you have. I think its absolutely hilarious for someone to spend $200+ on a pair of jeans. They're F*CKING JEANS! This post proves it. Diesel, Von Dutch, etc. they're just jeans.

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have zero tolerance for patterns or stripes of any kind on clothing. I don't care if you guys say the lack of them makes clothes boring, i say the presence of them makes clothes look like they're from the 70's.

As for Diesel, damn right they're just jeans, what did you think they were? They look great as far as jeans go, fit and feel better than most and last longer apparently. They won't get you laid, but they're great to wear on quick outings (store and such) and to work if i'm driving around to check up on our construction sites. And no, i don't buy retail, so i paid $50 for em ;)

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
If you ARE going to wear jeans, don't wear faded-ass jeans. Wear jeans that are a solid dark blue or black.

A button-down shirt goes a long way. I'm a big fan of solid colors myself. I agree that stripes and plaid just make clothes look tacky.

And tucking in the shirt DEFINITELY makes a difference, as long as you have a decent body. If you have a gut or are out of shape, best to leave it out.

jd3

Reaction score
I've found this tip to be true in the past. During my senior year in HS, in a business class I was in, we had a mock trial and we were asked to "dress nicely." Other than me, not many did. The first day I had black dress pants and a flat darkish blue shirt and a tie (that went well with the rest of it! ;)). I wore my Iverson shoes though, one would think that'd be terrible, but, at least in HS, it worked. Kinda showed the personality. I definitely agree with the nice shoes tip though. The second day I wore khakis and a flat light green shirt and another tie. Both days, I noticed a LOT of stares and that type of thing. Stuff I hadn't noticed much before dressing up. One thing that got me about it was when I was taking something to the office for a teacher on the first morning, I noticed out of the corner of my eye that a girl was lookin at me. On the way back she did it again so I looked down and found that it was a friend who, at the time, I had a bit of a thing for! Other than that, there was a good amount of attention, including another girl who was kinda one who didnt give one the time of day, who was staring several times and kept it up even when I "caught" her. That was pretty decent :). This thread may well convince me to dress up again really soon.

Lone_raider

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys have got that right!

I rarely dress up, in fact I don't really like to. But in the last year I've gone to two wedding receptions, and a special event that required dressing up. After the events I took of my jacket and tie and just had my blue dress shirt (tucked in) and khaki pants, with my nice shoes and belt. I stopped off at the store to pick up some stuff on the way home after one of these events, and needless to say I caught several long and head turning stares from women!!!! It's pretty incredible, occassionally I'll catch stares from women when dressed regularly, but when I was dressed up it seemed like all of them were having a look! lol.

I've never just dressed up for the hell of it, but I'm seriously considering doing it a few times this year just to see what reaction I get at the campus. I think it would be a successful day to say the least :cool:

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Othello
Good suggestions and tips by the sound of it but I don't fully understand the language you guys are using and brand names, which is probably because im in Australia.

So could you please post pictures fo yourselves in these clothes/shoes or specific examples at websites?
Check out bananarepublic.com or just pick up one of these ;)

Glassjaw

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dressing the part

This guy is right on. I've noticed that dressing the right way gets the looks. For example, I go to a college bar where a lot of the guys wear jeans. When I went there wearing slackes and a nice polo shirt, I noticed a lot of girls checking me out even though I'm not a particularly attractive guy. The best part is you don't even need to wear designer clothes to make yourself look good. I wear a 30 dollar DKNY shirt with black Hagar slacks and get compliments. (Hagar actually manufactures the slacks for DKNY and Kenneth Cole)

One thing I dissagree with, though is the comment about grey slacks. I wear grey slacks with a balck shrit and it looks pretty good. I'm very weary about wearing black slacks with a colored shirt because it's a typically "gay" look. Just be sure to wear black shoes and look "dressy." The best part is you don't have to buy expensive clothes to look like youknow how to dress.

Evil-Rom

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
Originally posted by Othello
Good suggestions and tips by the sound of it but I don't fully understand the language you guys are using and brand names, which is probably because im in Australia.

So could you please post pictures fo yourselves in these clothes/shoes or specific examples at websites?
Hi, Im from Oz as well. Dont try and "imitate" American clothes as you most likely wont find stores like Banana Republic here. :)

For the Aussies here, try Tarocash, YD etc.

For me, I usually wear microfibre pants (charcoal, black, biege etc) out and plain coloured shirts (black, white, grey etc). I prolly dress like a "typical asian" around here. =)

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the grey dress pants thing may be a local thing, as all bus drivers / mailmen in Toronto wear those. Basically people you don't want girls to associate you with. No offence to them to those people, but what the hell kinda girl would date someone who dresses like the ****ing mailman :D

Tripod

Don Juan
Reaction score
I wish I realised the full extent of this when I started college. As I told a neighbor of mine (16 yrs. old):

"Ditch the Abercrombie sh*t. Every dumb slacker mooching off mommy and daddy wears that stuff. "

He rolled his eyes, but I told him that I've gotten probably 5x more looks now that I'm a graduate student, coming to class immediately after work, wearing work clothes.

And it's not a really hard look to pull off.

1) Pick out a pair of slacks that looks cool to you (or a shirt).

2) If you aren't any good at matching, get a pretty and well-dressed sales girl to help you find a matching shirt (or pants) Get socks which match the pants.

3) Finish it off with some slick shiny shoes + matching belt. There, you're done, and you look like a guy who's got his sh*t together. You're not uncomfortable, either--actually I prefer this to jeans, simply because slacks "breathe" better when it's hot.

At the very least, you won't be wearing the same "camoflage" as all the other guys on campus.

4) BONUS--when the weather is cool enough (not often, where I live) get a nice lambskin jacket. Expensive as hell, but few things look as slick. Or, possibly better--tell the cute sales girl at the clothing store that you need a sports coat to go with your new slacks and shirt. That really pulls together a nice GQ sort of look, and you WILL get noticed.

BTW, pardon my ignorance but...what's wrong with Kenneth Cole shoes? They seem ok to me. If they suck, what do you recommend?

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kenneth Cole shoes are ok sometimes, but when they ask $150 for them, they're simply not worth it. Quality shoes are stitched (the soles are actually sewn to the shoe)...Kenneth Cole (at least Kenneth Cole Reaction) are glued, the trademark of a cheap, low quality shoe, and then made to APPEAR stitched. They're nice looking, decent quality shoes, but you could spend a little bit more, and get QUALITY, which is gonna last.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree and disagree with this post. If its getting NOTICED by women (appearing different) that you want, it depends on other factors too.

I'm an Asian guy, and I rock that scruffy-emo-beach boy-hipster look. And I get lots of stares from Asian girls b/c I don't look like every other BR-weating Asian boy, and also from white/other non-Asian girls because I stand out to them. It all depends on what you are, to begin with.

But as far as the dressed-up look goes, this is pretty much all you need. Check out the link. BR is cheap, looks fine (considering it's price range), and it casual-classic.

http://www.bananarepublic.com/brows...R_FALL1_2003&cs_category=100703&cs_id=5146249

A black blazer and pants matched with bright or classic dress shirts are also MAJOR babe magnets, granted that you have the personality and flair to pull it off. I personally do very well with this style; the chicks' heads always turn.

http://wonbin.fotki.com/fashion_ad/ziozia2002/d04.html

The classic black suit/white shirt works very well too, if you want a clean look. But this does start to look too corporate for some situations...

http://wonbin.fotki.com/fashion_ad/visaruno02-03/b03.html

And of course, the pin-stripe suit. You must have your pimp-juice flowin' to pull this one off. This usually only works if you have a pretty face like this fella here, or if you have a face that would make people think TWICE before ****ing with you (you gotta look like the Godfather).

http://wonbin.fotki.com/magazine/taiwanchina_02/e13b.html

I'm just throwing these out as VISUAL examples. Sorry about only using Asian models as examples, but those are the sources I have at my disposal. Maybe others can add links to use as visual aids too.