Dress clothing - the secret weapon

Egoist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by seanchai
That's a good idea. We should have a pictures thread for guys to get ideas on how to dress. "Just go to Express and grab a shirt" isn't cutting it for me. I'll try to get some pictures up soon.
hmm.. well here are some simple outfits you could put together..

1. you typical button up + slacks/jeans outfit. Here are ways to make it look nice and differentiate yourself from the AFCs.. Get a FITTED shirt, as opposed to the more baggy classic fit one. It changes EVERYTHING.. Express has them, gap has them, H&M has them, kenneth cole has them, etc.. Just look for fitted/european fit - close to your body without restricting movement.

As far as the slacks go, they shouldn't be pleated (go flat front) and there shouldn't the cuffs on the bottom (forgot what the proper name for those is) Nice shoes with a matching belt complete the look. Make sure those match as well. Oh and don't wear brown shoes with black pants.

Jeans also go well with this outfit, as long as they are proper fit, not to wildly distressed, and are a modern cut (bootcut, slightly flared, NOT anklehuggers)

Oh and NEVER EVER EVER button the top button. As a matter of fact, leave the top two open for the confident gigolo look.

Also, a nice sportscoat/jacket completes this look very nicely. Don't be afraid to wear a modern jacket with jeans and a button up either, it can be a very slick look. Look at some store displays/magazines for more ideas..

2. More casual jeans + t-shirt look. The key here are nice jeans and a cool tee. No wrangler jeans and fruit of the loom. No overly baggy stuff, no XXXL t-shirts gangsta style, no chains hanging out.

Just nice properly fit jeans, a nice slogan or blank t-shirt. NO NIKE/Other athletic sneakers. Only casual laceups or casual/retro puma/adidas/etc

Accesorize with a cool watch, leather cuffs, nice sunglasses (diesel, gucci, etc)

You can also wear a sportscoat over a t-shirt if your overall look is not too sporty, especially with nice shoes.

Or if you are on the sportier side, a zip-up sweater like those popular now is perfect to complete this outfit.

i usuall wear something like the two outfits above, and girls love love love it. Chicks always say how I am dressed so nice and so on. Don't be afraid to get a little peacocky as well, especially when clubbing/going out. I'm talking white jackets and shoes, unbuttoned shirts, some jewelry (actually appropriate in this case)

For example here is an outfit I was wearing in a club when I was not only successful in opening HB9s and 9.5s, but getting an HB8 to buy me a bottle of champagne.. hehe... Oh yeah and I was able to get the girl i kinda liked to basically ignore her BF and chase after me all night long.

-nice camel-colored italian shoes
-light washed jeans (Mavi)
-nice Express buttonup, whitish/blueish with very subtle pinstripes, untucked, two top buttons opened
-white belt (A|X)
-white sportscoat (Express)(my friends insist that i was running around the club with my collar popped and a bottle of champagne.. i dont remember.. lol)
-nice BIG blingy watch
-two silver necklaces
-almost clear diesel aviator sunglasses

Egoist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stag
How many times did you get laid because of your clothes?

Report some real results, not just saying that chicks noticed you. Yes good clothes will get you noticed but they will not get you the girl. Think about that for a minuite or two.
good clothes make it easier for you to approach, get the chick to be comfortable with you, gives you confidence, etc.. Women are SOOOO sensitive to that kind of stuff. When a men is dressed nice, women, especially hot women, respond MUCH MUCH better.

It works so well that girls who aren't so good looking get intimidated by guys who have good fashion sense.

I was actually told by a girl that she knew I was cool just by the way I dressed and how comfortable i was in it. Oh and chicks always comment on the nice shoes.

But will clothes get you laid if you are lacking in other areas?? of course not!

sakitt

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Egoist
hmm will it look ok together? yes.. is it going to be a sharp look? not sure. more important are you going to look good in it? no idea. it all depends.

but in general, cargo pants are not that hot anymore, and a blue polo short can be goo

d or bad depending..
so cargo pants are no good?

Egoist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by sakitt
well give me tips on how to dress sexy lol
i just typed two LONG posts in this thread.. read them

and go by some good mens magazines, GQ, Details, Cargo.. - tons of good examples.. Also look at the ways celebrities are dressing. Look at classical images from older actors. Eventually it will all make sense.

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Askmen

What do you think about the fashion advice on askmen.com. I asked some women to critique recommended shoes and they just kind of scuffed at alot of them.

Egoist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Askmen

Originally posted by everywomanshero
What do you think about the fashion advice on askmen.com. I asked some women to critique recommended shoes and they just kind of scuffed at alot of them.
personally i haven't seen it.. what kinda shoes were they recommending? for what purpose? what kinda women did you ask? how old?

qweretyuiopas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by becker
This is a key point here. If you are around people you know, the best way to make a big impression is to keep yourself pretty normal, and then pull out all the stops all of a sudden. If done correctly, you'll make a serious statement.

I remember back in high school I wore pretty ordinary clothes. Never wore jeans, mainly shorts and t-shirts. Then, I got a GF, and started dressing nicer. One day I wore jeans and dressy shoes and she couldn't keep her hands off me, and her friends were also very impressed. However, it's important to make sure to put an end to the Cinderella act so they will appreciate every time you dress up a little more. In other words, make sure you don't give them too much of a good thing.

So right, when i was in high school i never dressed nice, ever. On prom night no one even thought i was gonna come, and if i did i wasnt gonna be in a suit. I had only 1 suit at the time it was a plain black suit, white shirt, and blue tie. Man, everybody came up to me giving me compliments. I even danced with some of the girls, I cant dance for s*** but still. Now I love wearing suits my uncle who had like 50 suits gave me about 23 of them cause he couldnt fit them anymore, they were not cheap either. I wish I could wear one everyday but that would be weird since I would have no purpose wearing them. I do need to get some good shoes and belts, I only got 2 belts and 3 pairs of dress shoes and 2 pairs of those dress shoes only go with 1 certain suit and I wear my generic black ones with every other suit. I cant wait for when it gets cold cause I got a nice long heavy cashmire jacket that my uncle gave me too.

john_1234

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
diesel jeans are expensive but i think they're worth it cause they last very long and they're durable. but although they last long, diesel creates new styles all the time so they tend to get outdated

C00L

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah be a leader. my style consists of using brown paper bags as pants and a potato sack as a vest.

Royal Elite

Banned
Reaction score
First impressions are lasting

Dress according to the impression you want people to think of you!

First impressions are lasting!

People judge books by their covers and it's hard to break that first image you give people.

Simply decide the image you want people to have when they first see you and dress like that!

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, girls, how are you doing today?

I was just wondering if you ladies could tell me which way to the don juan discussion forum... i seem to have gotten myself lost.

SeldomSeen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
RE:

I mix alot of my styles. I dont wear dress clothes unless I go to a nice bar. If I go to a hole in the wall bar (but one known for having hot chicks) I'll might wear some black slacks with a chain, black boot cut shoes and a wife beater. This look gets alot of looks from females who want someone with style but also a rebel type.
If I go to a nice club I might wear a nice shirt, nice slacks and nice shoes. Oh and dont do the sunglasses in the club please unless they are clear. I saw some guy with sunglasses on, his shirt all the way unbuttoned, a leather jacket over the shirt...and this was towards the end of the summer when it was still 85 degrees outside. Dork!

Egoist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: RE:

Originally posted by SeldomSeen
I mix alot of my styles. I dont wear dress clothes unless I go to a nice bar. If I go to a hole in the wall bar (but one known for having hot chicks) I'll might wear some black slacks with a chain, black boot cut shoes and a wife beater. This look gets alot of looks from females who want someone with style but also a rebel type.
If I go to a nice club I might wear a nice shirt, nice slacks and nice shoes. Oh and dont do the sunglasses in the club please unless they are clear. I saw some guy with sunglasses on, his shirt all the way unbuttoned, a leather jacket over the shirt...and this was towards the end of the summer when it was still 85 degrees outside. Dork!
bootcut shoes ehh? :crackup:

by the way, wifebeater with a chain is not any better than sunglasses in a club..

i've done both.. :D