Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

Doing something outside of work with someone. Breaking out of "friends at work only"

johnballantine02

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 6, 2004
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
How do you do something with someone outside of work?
How do you break out of the "we're just friends at work" box?


I don't have many friends to go out with, so thats the problem. BTW, I'm 20 and work at a crappy department store.

It always seems that I can make friends with girls and stuff at work pretty easily. You know, I really make them laugh alot and they say that I'm hilarious and cute, etc (thats cool, i'm not looking for ONS or GF....got a FB) but it's like only at work.

I want to go out and do things with them and talk to them outside of work. How do I do this?

The thing is that I have a friend or two from highschool and then a few good friends at college(but they live over an hour away). So you see, I don't really go to any parties on the weekend as I mostly study(I go to pub nights usually every Wednesday, stay over at friends house). So you can see that I would ask them out to come to a party or whatever but I don't have any parties to go to. :(

I'm trying to get my life on track and get some great new friends, but it's hard when you don't currently belong to a social circle and have nowhere to invite people to go to.

Sometimes it just seems as though maybe they don't want to do anything with me outside of work.


Some help would be greatly appreciated,
John
 
Last edited:

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

MRomeo99

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 19, 2004
Messages
158
Reaction score
0
Location
Sunny Florida
Put your hat on, and pretend like you're Julie. Oh wait, probably a little before your time.

Anyway, act like you're the cruise director. Organize happy hours after work or whatever. Try to get everyone from work to go sing Kareoke after work, or shoot pool, rob a bank, whatever. If there are other stores nearby where you or other people know people, invite them as well. Try to get a group together to go do things together after work. Then isolate any targets you might be interested in. That has worked for me on plenty of occasions. I have had the fortune(Mis???) to date plenty of women who worked with/for me.

MR
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Top