Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Does it really get better for men with age?

Westminster

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say my peak SMV was about 30-31.

I'm now in my late 50s and still in good shape (think middleweight boxer). I've also got plenty of hair and a solid job.

I've just come home after giving a woman 22 years my junior a good seeing to. Would this woman have been interested in me at 30? I dunno but I'd have probably messed it up anyway.

My game is definitely better now as an older guy, even though it took me some time to get over a very nasty divorce.

The moral of all this - you work with what you've got and you'd be surprised. You can still do OK.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My peak definitely started around 30 and doesn't seem to be slowing down, if anything it goes up each year.

I didn't even lose my virginity until 21; my 20s were mostly miserable experiences even though I was atonishingly good looking, especially in my early 20s, but it didn't make up for my (mostly) ****ty game except for a brief RSD phase that gave me superficial PUA-styled success.

As long as you take care of yourself (especially your skin and hair) you will hit your prime in your mid-late 30s and then a very slow gradual dropoff that may last until you're 50. Everything comes together in your mid 30s. Your looks/vitality have barely declined and you have the wisdom of 15+ years of adult experience + more wealth/money earning potential. You get the best of everything with almost no drawbacks. If you can stay in shape and age gracefully it's not even hard to imagine hitting your prime at 40-45.

Last edited:

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My peak definitely started around 30 and doesn't seem to be slowing down, if anything it goes up each year.
I thought I was peaking around 25-30, but I really hit my stride at 50.

buddhafukko

Don Juan
Reaction score
Considering that women are hard wired to look for masculine traits (leadership, ability to provide, protect) in a mate, why is 25yrs old ripped rich guy more attractive than the 35yrs old rich ripped guy? It doesn't make sense.

That's true regarding women. Again, you can't argue with biology ... men are hard wired to look for feminine traits in a mate (fertility - which is very strongly connected to age, loyalty).
A 25 year who has accomplished these things IS MORE MASCULINE then someone that took 10 more years. Getting old doesn't make men more masculine. This is an extreme cope. Actually testosterone and physical stamina peak during the 20's. An alpha 25 year old will be that much better in ten years precisely because he is alpha.

Last edited:

buddhafukko

Don Juan
Reaction score
Most young women think men up to 10 years older are attractive; some young women think a more substantial age gap is attractive. Funny, these women often don't find men around their own age attractive, so it's not like these women are 'stolen' by older men. Women have different tastes, no attractive man has the market covered.
The data science clearly shows women find men 2-3 years difference most attractive. Read Freakonomics.

Age is irrelevant if a woman thinks you're attractive
Age is relevant, few women find old men (over 10 years older) physically attractive. They say this, and more importantly the dating statistics prove it.

I get the feeling most guys here are living in the 1950's fantasy before women made more money then most men.

buddhafukko

Don Juan
Reaction score
You can still do OK.
Of course but "doing OK' isn't a worthwhile goal. Men should slay hard when they are young, which is the true definition of alpha. And they should keep slaying. Age isn't going to make it easier, au contraire.

Last edited:

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Younger men and men that are older that cannot get the attention of a women 10+ years younger shouldn’t worry about those who do. And yea there are those who can and do.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
The exception proves the rule
We all seek to be exceptional, some are, others not so much. When you make blanket statements the lowest 10% and top 10% are not included in it, but given the varying knowledge and experience of the membership it bares mentioning that there are more than a hand full of men 40-60 on this site that can pull women more than 10 years their junior.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Of course!! The 18 year old pu$$y is really gonna start throwing itself at you when you hit 90+. Something to look forward too!!
Hyperbole, no one here has claimed that.

In my late 40’s I was dating 20-something’s (receipts available), could I now? Definitely less so, but I’m frankly not interested in chicks that young, yes they look cute af, but they are imbeciles almost to a woman, run through for the most part, and have nothing to offer me other than their vagina.

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This sort of meme has been pushed in the past decades. It's blatant anti-natalist population reduction psyop. Any ****head who thinks women want a man 20 or even 10 years older is straight up delusional. Women want men around their same age. Older women prefer younger men, just like men prefer younger women. Even Elon ****ing Musk is less desirable at 50 then he was at 40 or 30. It's downright moronic that men actually believe this ****. The key is to be very successful while still young, and stay that way. Getting old doesn't make you better, and certainly not more attractive.
It is largely a revenge-of-the-nerds fantasy. Some men can pull it off, but most can’t. Most men aren’t rich and don’t have a silver-fox beard and head of hair in their 50’s.

And no man looks better balder, hairier, saggier, and with worse skin tone.

Being loaded and powerful or criminal can work regardless of age.

I’m in great shape for 44 (pic is of me at 37 years old before a BB contest), but I’m gonna look worse at 50 and beyond, and eventually awful despite exercising.

Even at 50-something men start getting that corpselike, grayish or yellowish skin tone. The pec-flank tie-in gets saggy. The legs start to atrophy despite hammering away in the gym.

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even at 50-something men start getting that corpselike, grayish or yellowish skin tone. The pec-flank tie-in gets saggy. The legs start to atrophy despite hammering away in the gym.
despite all of this, henry kissinger did just fine. Men and women look for different things in a partner.

if you think women place looks above being dominate, powerful, etc.. you are the same as women who say men like girls who have their shiet together, men like woman that has a successful career, a house, basically men like girl bosses.

no, men in general do not like girl bosses. these are what women look for in a guy. if a man thinks women primarily look for handsome men, he is doing the same thing. he is projecting what he likes onto the girl. men will marry a cute Starbucks batista. women will not marry the cute jewel/Osco grocery bagger.

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The data science clearly shows women find men 2-3 years difference most attractive. Read Freakonomics.

Age is relevant, few women find old men (over 10 years older) physically attractive. They say this, and more importantly the dating statistics prove it.
society is changing. your data set is obsolete. the same data these reports are using are probably showing most people are marrying arround late 20's.

however, current research is now showing there will be an abundance of unmarried women in their 40's within the next few years.

remember, there was a time when people thought that the horse and buggy would remain the dominant mode of transportation and previous horse and buggy sales/personal surveys "proved it"....

data science can only do so much to predict what is happening now or in the future.

at the end of the day, using previous data may not be a good predictor of the future. what will happen in the future doesn't necessarily correlate with the sales and opinions of horse and buggy owners. transportation is about getting from point a to point b. in the dating market, it's about what is innately important in a mate for a woman and a man.

men are attracted to young fertile women. women are attracted to strong, powerful men. age is not that important to women in general just like being intelligent is not that important to guys as long as she is beautiful. to say otherwise, is to spit on human history full of examples of young women being with older powerful guys... some significantly older.

Last edited:

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A 25 year who has accomplished these things IS MORE MASCULINE then someone that took 10 more years. Getting old doesn't make men more masculine. This is an extreme cope.
Getting old per se doesn't make one masculine, true. Neither does winning the lottery or striking it rich on the stock market/pro athlete and becoming a millionaire by 25. But wisdom and maturity take time to develop, that's why a guy is more attractive at 35 than his version at 25. Provided of course he takes care of himself and doesn't de evolve.
Actually testosterone and physical stamina peak during the 20's
Even if that's true, they remain at a plateau or have a very slight decline afterwards, so who cares? Are you implying women assess guys based on lab values or one rep max for various lifts? :D

What they say depends on how the question is asked, if it's part of an actual discussion or it's some mindless poll on a dating app/site that a baboon could complete. What the dating statistics show is irrelevant to what men and women actually desire, or are you going to suggest that men in their late 30s and 40s really want to date women close to their age? :rolleyes:

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
despite all of this, henry kissinger did just fine.
Yes, Henry Kissinger! A man with enormous power, which hardly any men have.
Men and women look for different things in a partner.
That's correct.
if you think women place looks above being dominate, powerful, etc.. you are the same as women who say men like girls who have their shiet together, men like woman that has a successful career, a house, basically men like girl bosses.

no, men in general do not like girl bosses. these are what women look for in a guy. if a man thinks women primarily look for handsome men, he is doing the same thing. he is projecting what he likes onto the girl. men will marry a cute Starbucks batista. women will not marry the cute jewel/Osco grocery bagger.
Perhaps you haven't seen my numerous posts in which I've stated power is one of the biggest aphrodisiacs in women.

I'm very aware of female nature.

Last edited:

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, Henry Kissinger! A man with enormous power, which hardly any men have.
Conversely, hardly any women are extremely attractive... but on average, most young women are average :) Most young average women do not require the "enormous power" that Henry Kissinger had. However, I do agree these women do require men not be average to compensate for his older age.... be somewhat successful.. be somewhat sociable.. etc. There are degrees.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A 25 year who has accomplished these things IS MORE MASCULINE then someone that took 10 more years. Getting old doesn't make men more masculine. This is an extreme cope. Actually testosterone and physical stamina peak during the 20's. An alpha 25 year old will be that much better in ten years precisely because he is alpha.
Life is not just about external accomplishments. The wisdom of age comes from novel, varied experience and that's the most masculine quality you can have.

Also, you'd be hard pressed to find 25 year old men who is truly successful. Not talking about being rich or having a family, I mean being fully self actualized and sorted out. That's quite rare and i'd wager not even possible for a 25 year old to do unless they had an exceptionally lucky upbringing.

I get the feeling most guys here are living in the 1950's fantasy before women made more money then most men.
I would need to take a look at these studies as sociological survey based studies tend to be flawed, but even if the studies were done well, there may be other factors at play that might account for this. For instance, attractive older men are generally more rare, most older men let themselves go, so the studies might simply using average men of all age groups, naturally younger 'average' men will be more attractive.

My point has always been, older men by default are not more attractive, but if you have managed to take care of yourself and age gracefully you WILL be more attractive than you were when you were younger. In other words, a top tier 40 year old man will be have higher SMV than a top tier 20 year old man.

Last edited:

buddhafukko

Don Juan
Reaction score
society is changing. your data set is obsolete.
It's quite recent data and yes, society is changing. It's getting worse for men. That abundance of 40 something unmarried women are ****ing much younger men, and it's exploding. Why? Because they can. Every virile young man has had affairs with hot 40+ year old MILFs and perfectly understand this. They don't need your money and they certainly don't want "a powerful strong man" telling them what to do, which is precisely why they made it to 40 unmarried. Sure, if you are sufficiently wealthy and powerful like Henry fkin Kissinger you can pay your *****s to act like girlfriends, but don't believe for a second this is some kind of genuine attraction. Look at the recent revelation about Hugh Hefner's bunnies. They ****ing hated the sick old creep.

Last edited: