Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Does it pay to be moral in life

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Does it pay to be moral in life
Morality (what's right and what's wrong) is subjective.

- To us in the US, the events of 9-11 was an immoral event, full of evil. But to millions of people in another country, the events of 9-11 was an act of God and moral.

- To us, stealing this land and renaming it the US, was an act of morality. To those we stole the land from, we are still seen today as immoral/evil-doers.

It pays to be "moral" in life, ONLY IF who you are being "moral for" firstly, defines whatever you are doing as morality and secondly, is willing to compensate you for it.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most so called 'moral' people behave the way they do because they are expecting something in return. Or they are putting on a facade to lure you in and cut off your nuts.

Anytime I'm in a meeting with someone talking about a deal, and the guy/gal started talking about 'Jesus', and faith and goodness, my guard goes up.

Morality creates stupidity. It is nothing more than stuff we have always done, because to do otherwise might hurt us. Morality = tradition as @Tenacity says above it is subjective based on tradition. The problem with morality, and tradition, is that they become invisible barriers to experiencing new things which impedes the development of better customs.

Isn't it funny that almost anything new is automatically thought to be immoral, then over time... it's good. Radio was once 'immoral', then TV, Playboy magazine.... Time makes all things good anyway, so why do we worry about morality when one day everything we think is bad will eventually become acceptable.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Probably depends on your moral compass and what you are okay with. I would say def more rewarding to work hard than breaking every rule.
I'm comfortable being a resource that rewards my client with excellence and integrity. The cheaters always get found out and their companies SUCK. The best of the best of the best work very hard, even if they only manage "smart people".

Red Legg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lack of a moral compass = no better than an animal,I have always thought that " MORAL RELATIVISM" was completely stupid..

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most so called 'moral' people behave the way they do because they are expecting something in return. Or they are putting on a facade to lure you in and cut off your nuts.

Anytime I'm in a meeting with someone talking about a deal, and the guy/gal started talking about 'Jesus', and faith and goodness, my guard goes up.

Morality creates stupidity. It is nothing more than stuff we have always done, because to do otherwise might hurt us. Morality = tradition as @Tenacity says above it is subjective based on tradition. The problem with morality, and tradition, is that they become invisible barriers to experiencing new things which impedes the development of better customs.

Isn't it funny that almost anything new is automatically thought to be immoral, then over time... it's good. Radio was once 'immoral', then TV, Playboy magazine.... Time makes all things good anyway, so why do we worry about morality when one day everything we think is bad will eventually become acceptable.
I've never met a "devout" Christian. None of us are perfect so I hate when people try to make it seem that way. Ya feel?

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Just as we have a rational instinct, we have a moral instinct; we are thinking what the Good Life is, and what decisions are best for arriving there. Everyday we ask ourselves what we ought to do. It's the paradox of freedom, we are free to choose, and yet there seems to be an intelligible world to which that choice is directed... in a teleological kind of way.

Morality as prescribed by society, or a cast iron theological system [Calvinism] I agree are not very moral. They are ideologies, which are horrifically deterministic.