Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you voluntarily wear a mask in public places

Do you (voluntarily) wear a mask in public places

• Yes

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • No

Votes: 16 51.6%

• Total voters

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The virus itself is real... However I personally believe the government is using this opportunity as a live exercise of how to manage the country in case of a major incident like war on American soil....

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Or... it could be a real, dire situation where a lot of people will get hurt in various ways (their health, their finances, perhaps their life). And it could also be that those in power are using it to their advantage.

Doesn't have to be one or the other.

The latter doesn't necessarily invalidate the possibility that brute force mitigation is one of the few effective public health tools we have left until new developments unfold.
I agree...

I've been over most of the possible angles. The unfolding truth, is taking it's sweet time to reveal itself.

Time will tell.

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lmao the title of this thread and the mess we're in

Just 2 months ago you would not have believed it. Yet here we are

Also I heard eye protection was just as important if not more so

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree...

I've been over most of the possible angles. The unfolding truth, is taking it's sweet time to reveal itself.

Time will tell.
Heh, I remember a FB post from not long ago: "Last week was the longest month of my life!"

As for taking its sweet time, I feel exactly the same way. Which is why it's all the more astonishing to think back and remember that it was only about one month ago that the sh1t really started to hit the fan. This is week four of me having to host virtual school at home for my teenagers.

As I look through my past email, I see that on 3/13 there were 6 confirmed cases in my state, as of yesterday (4/7) the state's website reports there are 788 confirmed cases. Not being alarmist, but how much has changed in barely a month.

Hopefully our sense of the passage of time will go back to something like normal, because right now this sucks.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lmao the title of this thread and the mess we're in

Just 2 months ago you would not have believed it. Yet here we are

Also I heard eye protection was just as important if not more so

Reference

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
feh didn't change anything, still working not wearing masks, and washing hands the same way as alwyas, but I always did wash my hands and face during the day before so meh.

still I find it cute, first you can't stop a virus from spreading like that, too many holes for that "lockdown" to work, at most it will only hurt and lose a lot of bussiness, even with the whole now of is just to not overload the health system, it was always overloaded, only thing now most cases are scare people had rushing in the hospital to get tested, then comming back with the said virus they had so scared off

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went out for supplies, ended up not wearing one. I had some N95 masks from before all this. Actually tried it on and thought screw it, I'm not wearing this. Probably would if I were in more of a hot zone. Those shemaghs look pretty cool though, I'd wear one of those.

Most of the people out who were wearing masks were either elderly or female. Maybe that explains why males have a higher incidence rate. Women seem to be taking this more seriously.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Yes, wore a surgical style mask when out for food and alcohol the other day. First time. Have to, I’m in the high risk category. Costco and Aldi groceries about 50% participation. Drug store the same…
All stores but Aldi at lower than usual traffic level, no way I’m going to our usually high traffic local Kroger…

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The need to wear these masks are going to help ugly people get laid!

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to actually filter out the viral matter from the air, you need a cartridge respirator. Anything else, if it filters any at all, it is just by luck. And whatever gets filtered by the mask is now stuck to it on your face.

I carry a spray bottle of .5% hydrogen peroxide and mist my groceries after I put them in the car. I also spray the bottoms of my shoes after walking through any store. If someone sneezes on the floor, you are walking through a pool of viral matter and tracking it everywhere. Public places have no clue yet as to the levels of sanitation that are going to be required.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to actually filter out the viral matter from the air, you need a cartridge respirator. Anything else, if it filters any at all, it is just by luck. And whatever gets filtered by the mask is now stuck to it on your face.
The current recommendations are just to cover your face with something, a scarf or whatever - while still maintaining the six feet distance. It's just to keep people from spitting droplets on each if they talk to each other. They're not telling you to wear the real masks because they want to save those for the health care workers.

I don't really think I need a mask just walking through a store. Now if you are in close encounters with someone or working closely with them, that's a different thing. At this point, I'm more concerned about virus on packages or money that gets passe around hand to hand, but if you wash your hands afterward, that should go a long way.

We can go out and walk for exercise as long as we don't congregate. I've heard they're arresting people in Europe for jogging or exercising outside. That's taking things a little too far IMO.

thinker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I wear masks at work because management has made them mandatory, but outside of work I don't. I disinfect and wash my hands. I also use wipes to disinfect public items (ATM, door knobs/handles, touch screens) at the end of the day there is only so much you can do. What will end this is herd immunity. Supposedly Stanford researchers think that that is starting to happen in California. I know that my area of Florida is the hot spot in my state. Talked to my nephew last week and he said that one of the hospitals he is doing his residency in has an ICU that is almost full but the other 2 still have plenty of space and beds. Another thing is the projections, first it was 5 million dead then it was 2 to 1 million dead. After that 5 hundred thousand dead then 1 to 2 hundred thousand dead. The latest models have gone from 80 thousand to 60 thousand dead. Mind you that all the models used except for the original one of 5 million dead included mitigation such as social distancing and they were still way off. CBS news has been caught using video from Italian hospitals and claiming that it was hospitals in New York. I think that the real disaster is how the media and government have convinced regular people to give up their rights and crush the economy.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I grow more skeptical daily. I work in hospitals. They are empty
Same, but I only drive by hospitals to see if the are any more cars than the day before:

There are 2 big hospitals, that I go by, twice a day:

Hoag and Kaiser Permanente

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I just started wearing a soft, sketchy neck gaiter. Easy up when need be and down the rest of the time. It's the top shelf way of mask play.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Except from what I've been reading, it's not about filtering out the virus particles, which is why any face covering will do. Airborne transmission (via aerosols) is different than droplet transmission. Face coverings are primarily about reducing the spread of droplets from the wearer. My impression is that virus transmission via droplets isn't a terribly controversial concept, and why would reducing the efficacy of a likely infection vector be a bad thing?

The following is something of an 8th-grade reading-level article, but it has decent references to their sources and I don't have time to dig up anything more authoritative at the moment:

The virus within the droplet is 0.01 micron. It will easy go through the material; especially if there is force breathing it in. Could it hurt wearing a mask? No, of course not. But it may not help much either.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One reason they were reluctant to recommend wearing masks was that it might give a false sense of security. Even if it filtered out the virus flawlessly, if you get it on your hands it can get anywhere. Most people are going to touch the mask when they take it on or off (you should wash your hands first, obviously), and that can be a problem is you're wearing something like a scarf that you reuse.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score