Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do You Think There Is Too Much Negativity On This Site? [Merged Threads]

Do You Feel This Site Is Too Negative?

• Yes

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Desdinova said:
Does that count as a kick in the ass, or a personal attack?
That would be a kick in the ass to anyone internet addiction applied to. I scored a 5, by the way.

Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
Of course I am an exception...I am a woman on a man's site.
But isn't that like, um, sexist to make an exception for yourself since you are a woman?

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Luke Skywalker said:
But isn't that like, um, sexist to make an exception for yourself since you are a woman?
Nope. I am one of the only people on this site who did not come here seeking help because I was unhappy with my romantic relationships. I'm an exception to the norm here...which means that my entire perspective is different and I have a better ability to step back and be a bit more objective. The same would apply for a man who was on a similar site for women. It's not about who is better or worse...just an acknowledgment that I'm different/unique to most here.

DarthJuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, some very self-righteous stuff in your replies Wyld. Maybe not everyone wants sosuave to be remolded into your image. Maybe you should start up your own website. I'm just suggesting that something of your own would allow you to have complete control, which is what you're asking for here.

I don't blame you though.
This place is so PC that they would allow this sort of trolling to continue.

I appreciate what a wonderful and free resource sosuave is. And I appreciate what Allen and the mods have to deal with to try and keep the peace around here...but the conituned emasculation and estrogen-pollution they allow you to perform around here sure is disconcerting and very un-DJ.

blueguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
I'm an exception to the norm
lol. Yeah, that's what all 9000+ of your posts say. :crackup: At least you've got the confident part down though.

DarthJuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
Nope. I am one of the only people on this site who did not come here seeking help because I was unhappy with my romantic relationships. I'm an exception to the norm here...which means that my entire perspective is different and I have a better ability to step back and be a bit more objective. The same would apply for a man who was on a similar site for women. It's not about who is better or worse...just an acknowledgment that I'm different/unique to most here.
Boy, I sure hope lesbians start coming to this forum to give us some objectivity and perspective too. There surely is too much male perspective around here...it needs to be fair and balanced :down:

We're just breeding rapists and school shooters around here - please invite some of your female friends to post some of their wisdom on this board!

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
DarthJuan said:
Wow, some very self-righteous stuff in your replies Wyld. Maybe not everyone wants sosuave to be remolded into your image. Maybe you should start up your own website. I'm just suggesting that something of your own would allow you to have complete control, which is what you're asking for here.

I don't blame you though.
This place is so PC that they would allow this sort of trolling to continue.

I appreciate what a wonderful and free resource sosuave is. And I appreciate what Allen and the mods have to deal with to try and keep the peace around here...but the conituned emasculation and estrogen-pollution they allow you to perform around here sure is disconcerting and very un-DJ.
You entirely misunderstand me. The last thing I want or have ever wanted is to emasculate men. I've never done that in the 6 years I have been here. What I want to see happen is for the site to return to what it originally was...which is FAR different than what it has become. You joined in 2005. The site began in 2000. I joined in 2001. It used to be a very positive site where the guys actually tried to help each other and improve themselves. When their efforts with women weren't going well...if they started whining or blaming the other guys would jump on them and tell them to man up and take responsibility for themselves and their happiness and stop bellyaching. You don't see that anymore...all you see is bellyaching. It sets the tone for people to wallow in self-pity rather than rising above it and getting off their butts and improving themselves.

Yes, to an extent I have gotten sucked into the negativity as well...and all the biotching I've done about the site over the last few years is because I do have the ability to step back and see things differently...and what I've seen is just not good for you guys. That is what it's about...YOU GUYS. I'm not saying this stuff for myself. I have a good life and am very happy. I haven't had relationship problems in over 13 years. I genuinely am here because I don't want to see any of you turn into a man like my ex husband (as an example). He's negative and blames everyone...and now he is 46 years old, hasn't had a date, let alone a girlfriend in 10 years and has no friends. His kids can't even stand to be around him he is so miserable. Is that what you want your life to look like? I sure don't want your life to look that way. Negativity will destroy your life and cause you to waste all that precious time when you could have just as easily chosen to be happy instead.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
blueguy said:
lol. Yeah, that's what all 9000+ of your posts say. :crackup: At least you've got the confident part down though.
Not all...but the more people keep questioning my motives and the like, the more I have to repeat it. I don't like it anymore than you do.

Yep...I am extremely confident. I also openly admit the fact that, at times, my confidence borders on arrogance. That being said...my intentions have always been good here. My sarcasm sometimes gets perceived in ways it was never intended, too.

Could we please get back to the topic of the thread? I know I'm fascinating and all...but if people were really sick of hearing about me they would stop talking about me and start talking about the topic...right?

blueguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
Yes, to an extent I have gotten sucked into the negativity as well...and all the biotching I've done about the site over the last few years is because I do have the ability to step back and see things differently...and what I've seen is just not good for you guys. That is what it's about...YOU GUYS. I'm not saying this stuff for myself. I have a good life and am very happy. I haven't had relationship problems in over 13 years. I genuinely am here because I don't want to see any of you turn into a man like my ex husband (as an example). He's negative and blames everyone...and now he is 46 years old, hasn't had a date, let alone a girlfriend in 10 years and has no friends. His kids can't even stand to be around him he is so miserable. Is that what you want your life to look like? I sure don't want your life to look that way. Negativity will destroy your life and cause you to waste all that precious time when you could have just as easily chosen to be happy instead.
Probably the most profound thing I have ever learned is that the self-fulfilled prophecy theory is actually true. The reason being is that a person is born, and based on circumstances, a snowball effect begins to occur. Success begets more success. Failure begets more failure. Once you are able to consciously break out of the paradigm you view yourself in based on your past experiences, you can then start with a clean slate and begin to shape your value from scratch. It is true. But it is the most challenging task a human being can ever do. One must not ever feel personally rejected, or the cycle starts all over again.

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This site doesn't have too many negative types, rather it has too many know-it-alls.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell us more about what this site was like in the olden days, Elder Wyld!

DarthJuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't misunderstand you at all.

I believe you when you say you want to help people.
But there are some people here, including myself who are of the opinion that there is absolutely no way you can be as objective as you like to claim.

No matter how much power of empathy and imagination I possess, there are certain things I will not have the ability to speak authoritatively on. No matter how much I can empathize and try to understand the pain and emotion of child birth, there is absolutely no way I can truly understand and comment on it. No matter how objective I may be on the subject. I may be able to come to some understanding, but I will never truly "know" unless I am a woman, and unless I have actually given birth.

I may be able to come to some understanding on the subject, maybe some interesting insights...but I will never be in a position where I would claim absolute, immutable, unimpeachable authority on the subject, like you do on every subject you enter.

Think of this forum as scientific peer review. If what you say doesn't jive in the real world, it'll get shot down pretty quick. Everyone on this board is subject to the same peer review.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DarthJuan said:
...Think of this forum as scientific peer review. If what you say doesn't jive in the real world, it'll get shot down pretty quick. Everyone on this board is subject to the same peer review.
True, however the peer review isn't of one mind, nor of one lifetime of experiences; not of one understanding nor consciousness (we aren't Borg). Therein lies the problem, not all the information contained in this forum is conceptually valid in the different realities of its members. Two things hold true; people will only believe what they can understand and there is no reality, only perception.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.