do you plan on staying single or marrying some day?

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yip...

Originally posted by Scrumtulescence
I have a feeling once most of you are past your 50s you'll be seeing this in a different light. Sharing your life with someone and not dying alone will eventually replace promiscuous sex as a priority.
I agree... once u get to a certein age, then your priorities change.... So untill i am in my mid - lat 20's I am not gonna worry about finding my "soulmate" etc and i am just going to have fun etc.... But when i DO get to my mid-late 20's, THEN i will start thinking about a serious relationship.

laterz....

BigLebowski1

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't plan on getting married while I am young. Maybe when I am 50+ I will do it. I was raised in a typical family, and my parents have been together for 25+ years. But I can see that they are BORED.

They love eachother and me and my siblings, but they don't do anything. And they have no money to do things because of raising kids and paying for houses, cars, etc.

My dad has a good job but still has money problems because of my mom and my sisters lifestyle. He is happy, but I couldn't see myself in his role. I'm not responsible enough. I respect him a lot but I could never do what he does, nor would I want to. I want a free life and not be tied down.

You can have companionship with your family and friends as you get old without getting married. My grandmother's husband left her when she was in her 30s. And she didn't have a companion for the last 40 years of her lift. Yet she was still extremely happy with her community of friends. You can get involved with a church community, or something else, and stay close with brothers, sisters, nephews, niece, etc. While still living your own life.

Roly

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
interesting responses everybody have here. Personally I do intend to get married someday but not right away. Reason? I've got goals in life that I intend to accomplish and I don't want any distractions. From a repititive standpoint, before you get married, always have your sh** together. -
which means Emotional, Physical, Social, spiritiual, Financial goodness.

DrMetallica

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to get married one day but that will be AFTER I graduate from university, AFTER I find a job, AFTER I invest, AFTER I start my own business, AFTER I've established myself financially. Some American chicks I would consider marrying but there is a reason why the divorce rate is 60%... so I want to find a foreign girl maybe Irish or Russian or Ukrainian or Fillipino and marry and live in that country like a king. Like a king I tell you!

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Glad to see so many of you are going to wait until later to get married.

Getting married young is a big mistake but the die-hard chumps still defend it. Not sure why...

Remember that women get more from being married than men. It is a fact. Women WANT to get married more than men, and sooner. They know the clock is ticking... whereas for men, getting married later is a smart idea.

Don't succumb to the pressure of society, family and religion. Freedom is valuable... success in your career is valuable! Having kids when you are 22 years old is NOT valuable!

Think, think , think and not with your little head. Take advice from a veteran of the divorce wars.... you will always find a woman to marry, the older you get the more there are!!

Dietzcoi

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe that marriage and finally a family is in my future, but I will not rush into it.

As others have mentioned, my plan is to wait till I'm well established both financially and socially before really starting to look for a wife material woman. One very important criteria for me, which is untouchable, is that I WILL NOT MARRY DOWN no matter what. Ie, I wont be marrying a woman that makes 50k while I make 200k+. Thats just like dropping your pants, bending over with a huge neon sign saying 'Insert c*ck here' in prison.

I-am-someone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay... Let me share some of my experiences on this subject and my opinion...

Right now, I am in a school with mostly drop-outs trying to get their education again after dropping out. This school is the last chance for most of these people.
I know a lot of people from this school. I know their backgrounds, a bit about their social lives etc. Now let me show you the contrast between the people that do have both parents/have a decently happy family and the people that have only one parent/a family with non-stop fighting going on.

The group with both parents, are all there because of either laziness, being stoned too much, not being smart enough or because they had to stop school without a choice. These guys all have a fairly decent future. They are able to keep on studying after they finish this school and just at least do something productive with their life. The average degree of happiness is pretty high with this group.

The group with one parent/a family with fights (about 60% of the school) are all people with bad social skills (jerks, anti-social, etc). They have all commited a crime at one time or another. They are all depressed most of the time. Most of them have a future ahead of them working in a supermarket. Last year my class had 53 people in it. Half way through the year, 10 people had dropped out. Each of these people had divorced parents, a parent that passed away or unrest in their family. By the end of the year 17 people had dropped out. Only one of them was from a normal family - he only happened to have an IQ below 100 so he didn't have much of a choice.

If you start an unhappy marriage and have children, I honestly believe you deserve to die a horrible death. You are putting children into the world that will suffer because of your stupidity.

I want to have children. As a matter of fact, I think that if I ever find the right woman (and I know I will) to take care of my children and raise them in a responsible environment, I will marry her. I will stay by her side, even if she becomes big fat and ugly from giving birth. I want to create great offspring, that excels above all other social groups in this society. I learn things to teach my future kids.

I am not marrying a woman, until I know for certain I can live my life with her properly and know that she can raise my kids. I don't care if it backfires, I'm a firm believer of always being able to work out your differences.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you ask me today, I would say that I do not want to get married.

Both my parents married when they were in their early 20's. They got divorced about 10 years later. Since then they have both remarried other partners. Both Marriages have alot of arguments and stresses and both of them are not happy in them as well. They always tell me that someday I will find somebody and get married and I tell them there is no way that will happen (because deep down my role models have shown me the reasons of why not to get married)

The right way to go about it is focus on yourself and make yourself the best DJ you can be. Before I even think of marriage, I want to go through many relationships, and have a stable carreer and independance going for me.

I do not even know if marriages work the way they were planned, and therefore if I get involved with someone LTR, I may want to tinker the whole contract myself (if I can be the best DJ I can be then there are more likely for me to find a good woman who will go along with the program because she will have a very high interest in me)

Today I see that there are many couples that move in together, don't get married but still have kids. I guess its a strategy to try and enjoy the aspects of marriage then actually be married. Although many of the courts system will see it as Common Law Spouse and if things go wrong will treat it as marriage when things fall apart.

I sort of like what David Letterman did. He was married earlier in his life but got divroced after 8 years and decided he would have none of that but he still wanted a LTR with a woman and have a kid. His arrangment is that he and his girlfriend live in a seperate houses, his got his house and she got hers. She is raising his kid and david can stay with her at her house and support her but he also has the option to go to his own house and be there alone. He therefore is financially independed from taking care of his girlfriend but he is there for her as LTR and he is financially responsible for the kid. This is sort of an arragment that was modified by Letterman that sort of allows you to make a decision of what you are comfertable with and not be forced to do something you may not like and follow someone elses rules based on a marriage contract.

loveprefect

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
whoa that's good

Originally posted by Squid
We may be destined to procreate, but so is every other species on earth and how many of them have life partners?
THAT's VERY WELL SAID~!!!