Do you plan on ever getting married?

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Furthermore..a guy I work with, is 62. He's in great shape, has a positive attitude on life, and always out there to gain more knowledge and experience new things. He has more energy than a lot of 30 year old miserable people, that groan and complain about the hardships of life.

Not surprisingly, he's married to a gorgeous 43 yo south american woman, and they are completely happy together.

Live the life YOU decide to live. Nobody decides that but you.

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr.Positive said:
Lookyoung, yes hot women are everywhere, however..if you worry about becoming a lonely old man, you WILL marry the wrong woman.
Your absolutely right. But here is the thing. If every guy out there waited to find the perfect girl than I would say at least 90% of the guys would be single. There really is no perfect girl or perfect person. There is always flaws in everyone. Knowing myself if I waited to marry my soulmate than I would probably be single for the rest of my life.

I think almost everyone settles. And at one point its a decision we are all going to have to make. I have met plenty of woman that were good for me, but they were not great for me. ( With the exception of my x from u10 years ago but I was way too young to settle down)

I think the key is finding someone who you find extremely attractive, has good morals and good character and has a great personality. Its easier said than done.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lookyoung said:
Your absolutely right. But here is the thing. If every guy out there waited to find the perfect girl than I would say at least 90% of the guys would be single. There really is no perfect girl or perfect person. There is always flaws in everyone. Knowing myself if I waited to marry my soulmate than I would probably be single for the rest of my life.

I think almost everyone settles. And at one point its a decision we are all going to have to make. I have met plenty of woman that were good for me, but they were not great for me. ( With the exception of my x from u10 years ago but I was way too young to settle down)

I think the key is finding someone who you find extremely attractive, has good morals and good character and has a great personality. Its easier said than done.
I see your point, but it's not about finding the perfect person, or settling, maybe it would be better if 90% of the guys didn't get married! Just to play devil's advocate...but really, marriage is at it's least stable position in all of history right now.

People get married for all the wrong reasons. And then people listen to what society says, then think they deserve something better, the proverbial "carrot" then they get divorced. Hence our 50+% divorce rate. Marriage is just not satisfying people these days, everyone wants more.

What I'm saying is forget all that. Enjoy women and the time you spend with them. Think of learning about a new woman as exploring a new country. Get curious, have passion, and love it.

Women will come and go through our lives, but our lives are still our lives and we determine how to live them.

To sum it up, don't make marriage a goal. Don't place your selfworth, or your future happiness, on getting married.

aliasguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lookyoung said:
Ok being in your 30's and 40's and being single is cool. But imagine being 60 years old and not being able to game good looking woman anymore. Even if you wanted to get married to a hot babe you would not be able too. For people our age its cool because the door is still open for us to get married. But when that door closes thats what I am afraid off.

Right now we have plenty of options to date Hot girls. You can't stay young and attractive forever. I don't want to be that old guy were all my friends have gotten married my parents have died off, and I am a lonely old man.

Why/when does the door "close?

Why can't you get married at 58? Or get married at 40 and get divorced at 50? Your post makes no sense. I know you think it does, but it doesn't.

A man can get married whenever. He can "get hot chicks" until he can't.

His wife can leave him whenever, or he can leave her. Divorce happens in all decades of life.

Being a lonely old man is not an inverse function of being married by 40 or 50.

None of it matters. You will be lonely or not whether you marry or not.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
aliasguy said:
Why/when does the door "close?

Why can't you get married at 58? Or get married at 40 and get divorced at 50? Your post makes no sense. I know you think it does, but it doesn't.

A man can get married whenever. He can "get hot chicks" until he can't.

His wife can leave him whenever, or he can leave her. Divorce happens in all decades of life.

Being a lonely old man is not an inverse function of being married by 40 or 50.

None of it matters. You will be lonely or not whether you marry or not.
I think the point alias is trying to make, it to look on the bright side. :up:

aliasguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr.Positive said:
I think the point alias is trying to make, it to look on the bright side. :up:

Yeah, that's another way of saying it.

It doesn't matter if you get married, cause you may end up divorced. Or still married. Or whatever. Live life!!!!!

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
aliasguy said:
Yeah, that's another way of saying it.

It doesn't matter if you get married, cause you may end up divorced. Or still married. Or whatever. Live life!!!!!
Your absolutely right. I agree 100%. When I say door closing I mean that when your 60 and single you can't game a 23 Year old HB 9 like you could when you are 35. The door is still open for a 48 year old but not for that young fresh HB. I know people are going to give a few examples of how 60 year olds game young woman. But those are very rare cases. High status men meaning politicians, Millionaires, Professional coaches are the exception.

JLR

Don Juan
Reaction score
No f'in way... I'm not that old (only 25), but I've already been in 5 weddings since graduating from high school--only one of those couples is still together, & they're having "issues" as well... Any idiot can learn from their own mistakes; I try to learn from others...

wjh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Putting the carriage before the horse" comes to mind.

It's pointless to even consider marriage if you've yet to even find the woman worthy of marrying.

Consider your priorities.

JeeperCane

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know it's late in the thread, but I'll chime in. As a child of divorced parents (they split when I wa 20) I experienced their parting later in life when I was able to process the situation and make judgements as an adult. I think the actions of both my parents led to the dissolving of their marriage, but it allowed me to come to my own conclusion:

Over the last nine years that I've lived alone in Miami, I have met a large number of people from some of the most varied and diverse backgrounds imaginable. I have friends of every background, but more importantly, of every age bracket.

The people I have come to have the most respect for are the older couples I meet that are in their 50's, 60's, and NOT MARRIED. Not because I have a bad view of marriage, but because I have a better view of these people. They hold true to what it really means to dedicate your life to someone. They are free to leave eachother (yes, I know, common law, etc, not withstanding) whenever they please. They are bound by nothing. They stay together because they truely love eachother and want to be with their mate. These are the people I want to follow in life.

I have no problem loving a woman and dedicating my life to her, as long as the feeling is mutual. It is a very difficult sell in today's society; to be with a woman and assure her that you're there for her without a marriage liscense. However those women, although rare, are out there.

percy

Reaction score
Hi Mr Young,
No you are wrong every girl is not like that what you think about them may girls are better then boys & obviously first yourself then comments on girls.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lookyoung said:
I know people are going to give a few examples of how 60 year olds game young woman. But those are very rare cases. High status men meaning politicians, Millionaires, Professional coaches are the exception.
That's why a man of ANY age should make his ambitions his #1 goal in life.

Another poster had in his sig or posted somewhere "You will lose a lot of money chasing women but you won't lose a lot of women chasing money".

Landing a woman is a by-product of your image as a man who can "take care of business". That doesn't mean that you have to be a financial superstar, but women gravitate toward men with traits that signal the ability to achieve.

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really don't think it's THAT hard to get young HBs when you're middle-aged if you have the right personality. I imagine what keeps most men from even trying in the first place is simply the social stigma of an old guy and a young girl. But I know for a fact that if you have a confident, happy, vibrant, interesting personality, and at least decently maintain your looks, you can get young girls attracted at almost any age.

I think back to a few years ago when I introduced a friend of mine (21yo HB9, sigh) to a friend of my dad's. Now this guy is in his mid 50s, short, hairy and kinda ugly, but goddamn if he doesn't have an awesome and impossible-to-hate (save for his cvnt of an ex-wife) attractive personality. My friend later told me that she had a little crush on him and if she were single and lived in the same area she could easily see herself dating him. I was like ".....damn, really?" It kinda opened my eyes a bit.

Reaction score
MasterBates is a deviant - discard his empty words!! Say "No" to hos - if you are in sync with the rhytmn of truth, nothing else needs to be said

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last Man Standing said:
MasterBates is a deviant - discard his empty words!! Say "No" to hos - if you are in sync with the rhytmn of truth, nothing else needs to be said
We get it, you're mentally defective. lol, haha, etc. It's no longer funny.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As for me, I don't "plan" on getting married ... or not getting married, for that matter.

If the relationship dictates it, then I might. If not, than not.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Stupid question.

No one should plan on getting married until they've already found a suitable candidate for marriage.

Failure to follow this rule of thumb is responsible for 90% of the miserable relationships in America today.

MrStabAHo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't you guys (who say you won't get married) wanna bring a seed into this world? I know you don't have to get married to have kids. I know I wanna have kids one day so I can mold them into something great (Or try to) and carry on the family name. I'm really like the only hope for my family. My only brother is gay. And my sister's biological clock is running out quickly.

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MrStabAHo said:
Don't you guys (who say you won't get married) wanna bring a seed into this world? I know you don't have to get married to have kids. I know I wanna have kids one day so I can mold them into something great (Or try to) and carry on the family name. I'm really like the only hope for my family. My only brother is gay. And my sister's biological clock is running out quickly.

To me, this is the equivalent of marrying so you're not lonely. It's for the wrong reason. Bringing a "seed" into this world should be a by-product of a happy marriage not a reason for a marriage. Personally, I don't have kids and don't regret it. Raising a child in today's polluted atmosphere can be torture.