Do you plan on ever getting married?

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Latinoman said:
Women definition of what is a Quality Man is different to our definition of what is a Quality Woman.

I would say that when viewing both definitions...there are many more "quality women" out there than there are men.

And that says a lot.

So...who would get the "quality women"? They outnumber the "quality men"...so, I'm assuming the quality men will get them. It is a matter of looking at the right places.

Another thing (this is for Last Man Standing)...virginity does not equal "quality" in my book.
I disagree. Men have not changed for the worse. Men have always been men. In fact I think that men have changed for the better. In my dads generation a man would never change a diaper or cook for the household. In todays AFC world we have plenty of men who have taken the role of housewife. The wife is becoming the boss in todays world.

Woman today also want to work. I don't care if you make 1 million dollars plus a girl wants to work. She wants to get away from her duties as a woman and a wife. She gets bored staying at home and taking care of the kids even if your makiing 1 million dollars a year. Woman today will not want to have more than two kids.

As for virginity = Quality. Well maybe if a girl is 32 years old than thats wierd. But if a girl is 21 year old HB 10 virgin than I can say thats quality.

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Luke Skywalker said:
I think I was born in the wrong place and wrong century otherwise I would likely have already been married. Maybe if I go to a backwards third world country where women know their place and duty to please a man, then, maybe in that case it may be easier to find a servile wife, or but think this may be very difficult in NA society where women do not know their place.

I think your a troll, but I must say I agree with you totally. I also feel the same way about myself. But people always say America sucks and there woman suck. To tell you the truth european woman are all the same. Eastern european woman are just about the same as american woman slightly better. If you want the wife you are talking about than you need to go to the country roads of Pakistan, Afghanistan, India, or various parts of the middle east.

aliasguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, lookyoung---

Luke is a virgin who refuses to take advice here. Ignore him.

Everyone, listen, marriage in this day and age is a TRAP.

No need for it.

There is NO reason a man in our society should get married. NONE

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lookyoung said:
I disagree. Men have not changed for the worse. Men have always been men. In fact I think that men have changed for the better. In my dads generation a man would never change a diaper or cook for the household. In todays AFC world we have plenty of men who have taken the role of housewife. The wife is becoming the boss in todays world.

Woman today also want to work. I don't care if you make 1 million dollars plus a girl wants to work. She wants to get away from her duties as a woman and a wife. She gets bored staying at home and taking care of the kids even if your makiing 1 million dollars a year. Woman today will not want to have more than two kids.

As for virginity = Quality. Well maybe if a girl is 32 years old than thats wierd. But if a girl is 21 year old HB 10 virgin than I can say thats quality.
Men back in the day were considerably more masculine than men from the 60s and today. Men knew how to be men. Today we have a bunch of puzzies.

My experience with women in the work environment...well, from my experience...they are as good (even better) than most men. And I'm talking here about engineers...and this is not coming from a "junior" employee either as I'm senior.

I would never date a "virgin".

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Latinoman said:
Men back in the day were considerably more masculine than men from the 60s and today. Men knew how to be men. Today we have a bunch of puzzies.

My experience with women in the work environment...well, from my experience...they are as good (even better) than most men. And I'm talking here about engineers...and this is not coming from a "junior" employee either as I'm senior.

I would never date a "virgin".
Men today are not men. If your a man in todays society woman look at you like your a male chauvanist. I have popped pu$$ies by the simple fact that I carried myself as a man. I have also lost out on some pu$$y because of this. But I always made sure things were on my terms.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marriage is a good goal to work toward when dating a young (i.e., young enough to have kids), childless maiden. If the relationship is going well, then marriage should be considered, followed by having children.

Now, if a man already has what he considered to be enough children (or enough child support obligations), or does not want to have children, then he should flat out not get married. There is absolutely no valid reason to get married to a woman if there are no plans to have children - a common-law marriage (i.e., cohabitation) would work fine.

If I would be in the position of a divorced dad, I would date divorced moms, and if one ever asked about getting married, I would just flat out say that there is no reason for a man to get married to a woman that has already had children from another man, and just be prepared for her to scream, and then leave.

grinder

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MatureDJ said:
If I would be in the position of a divorced dad, I would date divorced moms, and if one ever asked about getting married, I would just flat out say that there is no reason for a man to get married to a woman that has already had children from another man, and just be prepared for her to scream, and then leave.
I’m a divorced dad and I tend to stay away from divorced moms. They are a complicated mess. I do not advocate getting involved with divorced moms; period. You can do better.

For those advocating finding the “right woman” I think you are making one big assumption: That you and she remain static, unchanging, in your “rightness” for each other.

I had 15 years of a good marriage before she self-destructed. I guess you could argue that was a success, but by what measure do you define success? 5 years, 20?

People change and forever is a long muthafvcking time!

AgonyUncle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I want kids one day. Family is important to me.

Saying that, Im not prepared to offer my balls on a plate to anyone. So Ill gladly exchange vows in a church. Wont be signing anthing though. If its a ceremony to cement "the love and bond" then Ill "marry" her if shes the one for me. I fail to see how or why the state should have a say or impact on my relationship. It infringes on my freedoms.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MatureDJ said:
Marriage is a good goal to work toward when dating a young (i.e., young enough to have kids), childless maiden. If the relationship is going well, then marriage should be considered, followed by having children.
And getting married would be beneficial to him because???

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Latinoman said:
They had a societal blessing then. Easier to be a man then when everyone was backing you up. Today you get women with pitchforks at your door along with a handful of castrated men telling you you're evil if you do anything manly. And then women would be shamed for not being womanly.

It's hard to blame the AFCs when they're taught from birth to suck.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
They had a societal blessing then. Easier to be a man then when everyone was backing you up. Today you get women with pitchforks at your door along with a handful of castrated men telling you you're evil if you do anything manly. And then women would be shamed for not being womanly.

It's hard to blame the AFCs when they're taught from birth to suck.
I give no quarter in giving AFCs that excuse. They are too busy being concerned about listening to the masses in order to do what's right as what's dictated to them that they completely forgo doing what actually works. They're getting what they deserve.

Mr. Me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wonder if guys from the middle east ever complain about their wives or their 'system'?

Betcha they do. And that's why Allah created goats.

JohnnyIrish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't been married myself (thank god) but a good friend of mine has and when he was getting married it was so apparent that his driving force was that it was some 'to do' item on a life checklist (she was and still is a b1tch).. Hell my friend and I (we were both groomsmen at his wedding) told him all he had to do was give us the sign before he said "I do" and we would grab him like a football and rush him outa there. *sigh*

Its what.. 7ish years later and he told me on his birthday the other day when I asked him what he wanted he joking but serious said "a time machine so I could stop myself form making this horrible mistake" (I.E. his marriage).

My friends and I warned him like a thousand times.. and all our logic met against his brick wall of illogical determination at the time. Now only does he realize in hindsight the wisdom of what a mistake that was.... poor guy. Hes screwed.

Ok, now I've never been married nor am I a legal expert but what about a prenup? Can't that help you from getting screwed come D-day?

(granted a woman will not be keen on the idea but if shes truly the 'one'.. well then she should be ok with it, and if shes not then that to me is a sign shes after your money)

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr. Me said:
Betcha they do. And that's why Allah created goats.
Oh that was raw like sushi....

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do I plan on it?

♪ No-no, no, no, no, no-no-no, no, no-no, no, no-no
Na-no, no, na-no, no-no, na-no, no-no, no, no-no, no

Nobody can do the (Shing-a-ling!) like I do
Nobody can do the (Skate!) like I do
Nobody can do (Boogaloo!) like I do
Nobody can do (Philly!) like I do ♫​

Oh, right. . . marriage. Ahem.

After careful consideration I think that I *could* get married hypothetically if some really hot chick did something crazy that demonstrated both her intellect and intense desire to be with me. Like make a documentary about her quest to get with me. Or more realistically, just learn how to cook low-carb meals.

Really though - I can't stand it when I see the warped reality in AFC-land, where the girl is getting upset and impatient because the guy in the LTR hasn't hit the red button yet, and he's getting dogged left and right by the other crabs in the barrel to hitchhike to the nearest jewelry store to "do the right thing."

You know who else "did the right thing" under duress of conformity? Everyone whose dreams died somewhere along the line. Every man who quietly said to himself about his life, "Well, I guess this is as good as it gets."

It's not that the higher ideals of a synergistic relationship and shared life together with a woman who compliments you are so wrong, but that institution and its strongest proponents have so entirely bastardized the concept into a materialized celebration of male castration. It's like the commercialization of Christmas. What used to be a celebration of life is now a multi-billion dollar marketing ploy that amplifies and exploits the sh1t out of male insecurity. It's not just the event itself, but all the expectations of a lifestyle of excess that follow. The debt. The decor. The demands of suburbia.

Now, don't mistake this post for bitterness, paranoia, or irrational fear of commitment. Those are the cries of the ego-invested. Rather, my take is that all the qualities which would make a particular woman a suitable lifetime mate for me are the same qualities which would render marriage unnecessary. She'd have to exist outside the matrix in order for it to work. Happiness to her doesn't mean entitled expectations of the Barbie Dream House, complete with a Ken doll and accessorized children. The irony is that her independent thinking streak and healthy outlook on life and femininity would actually end up rewarding her far more than she'd ever get by living The Way™.

She'd get a Man of adventure and substance. A Man who has built a compelling reality on his terms. The Man I'm working to become.

My plan is 100% indifference to marriage unless there is a scenario in my life for which it truly makes sense. It's not a goal or a foregone conclusion; it's just another choice that's out there.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
but like VU, i don't 'plan' on getting married, but im very open to it with the right woman.
This is my thoughts. I believe society pushes men to marry, when often, it's not wise...and that society views men as being somehow a failure if they do not get married. I also believe that marriage could be rewarding, if with the right woman.

That being said, it's important to realize that as men we are individuals. Free individuals at that. Each one of us can live a happy, rewarding, fulfilling life, without ever getting married. It's up to us to live that life.

Metro3pilot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I will take single, happy although sometimes loney ...

over miserable with someone else

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr.Positive said:
That being said, it's important to realize that as men we are individuals. Free individuals at that. Each one of us can live a happy, rewarding, fulfilling life, without ever getting married. It's up to us to live that life.
Ok being in your 30's and 40's and being single is cool. But imagine being 60 years old and not being able to game good looking woman anymore. Even if you wanted to get married to a hot babe you would not be able too. For people our age its cool because the door is still open for us to get married. But when that door closes thats what I am afraid off.

Right now we have plenty of options to date Hot girls. You can't stay young and attractive forever. I don't want to be that old guy were all my friends have gotten married my parents have died off, and I am a lonely old man.

Metro3pilot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You can't stay young and attractive forever. I don't want to be that old guy were all my friends have gotten married my parents have died off, and I am a lonely old man.
I agree 100%, that's kind of a scary scenerio. I'm still not going to get married for the sake of being married.

I know good girls do exist and I have started going after them lately ...

sure good girls take more time and you don't lay them right away ... but I have come to the conclusion and it may go against conventional wisdom ..but if a chick sleeps with you quickly, no matter what she says ...you werent the first and wont be the last.

:woo:

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lookyoung said:
Right now we have plenty of options to date Hot girls. You can't stay young and attractive forever. I don't want to be that old guy were all my friends have gotten married my parents have died off, and I am a lonely old man.
Lookyoung, yes hot women are everywhere, however..if you worry about becoming a lonely old man, you WILL marry the wrong woman.

Burn that into your head...because you are programmed to think, from our society, that somehow marriage will guarantee a life free of loneliness.

Happy marriages happen because the guys are least expecting it. Bang hot women and enjoy it, seriously, don't worry about. :up:

You will know when/if you should get married...if you've find the right woman.

I've read your posts, you know what's going on, and I've, personally learned from your posts.